U.S. Bank

U.S. Bank Credit Analyst Interview Questions

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2011.

Met two different times for interview.

Interview Questions
  • How would I handle a difficult person unwilling to make a payment or set up payment plan.   Answer Question
Offered starting dates and starting salary.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Process took a while. It was about 3 weeks. I made it to the final round didn't get the job because I lacked the desired experience. First was a phone interview, then a panel interview. Questions in each very similar. Great interview process,interviewers were friendly and wanted you to succeed. The only thing bad thing I have to say is it took a long time to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions nothing to catch you off guard   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2012.

As an internal applicant, I met with the hiring manager for roughly an hour and then sat with our Senior credit officer for a second meeting. I found out later that their was over 5 internal candidates that made it to the second interview. The process took roughly 5 weeks due to vacations being scheduled by the hiring managers as well as the timing it takes for the position to become approved their our HR.

Interview Questions
    • They asked many questions about my accounting background as well as my ability to work by myself with little direction.   Answer Question
    The hiring manager was not willing to negotiate. She saad that they were presenting their best and final offer as their initial offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2012.

- Did not receive an initial contact until about 2 months after I applied
    - 2 interviews about a week apart, one with the credit manager and the next with the credit manager and his supervisor (senior division credit manager)
    - First interview was somewhat casual. I was asked about my educational background and experience. No questions other than the boiler plate questions, it seemed like the manager just wanted to know my experiences.
    - Second interview was a little more serious. Senior credit manager asked about how I would approach analyzing a company's financial state and how much I knew about accounting (ie what classes I took and dealing with accounting in my prior work experience).
    - Heard back about one week later about their decision

Interview Questions
    • Which items do you look at in financial statements to determine the financial health of a company?   View Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Applied online, got a call to schedule a phone interview. Interview was very experience based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a project that needed a great amount of attention to detail and what did the data reveal.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Multiple interview process. Initial meeting with Credit Manager and Market Presidents. The second round consists of meeting with Regional President and a Peer Interview with analysts.

Interview Questions
    • Name something you have failed at, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was through HR.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2009.

intial email followed by phone interview and the met the manager and another manager in the group followed by one more site interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, regarding business process, last job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2010.

The interview was with the hiring manager plus 3 other people

Interview Questions
    • Describe your highest achievement in your career so far   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2010.

I applied online and was contacted a week later by a senior credit analyst. Most of the questions revolved around the types of commercial credit I had experience with. The interviewer was the team member who was leaving the group and whose position I would fill. The interviewer seemed preoccupied with the pending relocation. About a week later a received a phone call from the group manager but when I called back the manager was too busy to call back and promised to call back within 30 minutes. The manager did not call back and when I emailed to set up an appointment I received back an "Out of Office" message. Not very professional or courteous!

Interview Questions
    • What types of commercial credits have you underwritten?   Answer Question