U.S. Bank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

I applied online. About 2 weeks later I got a call from the HR. He gave me full details about the job position and asked a few questions about myself. He then asked about an in person interview with one of the supervisors. There was standard behavioral questions. Interview won't be hard as long as you come in confident and show that you want the job.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever dealt with an unsatisfied customer? If so, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
The pay was good but i had to later decline due to hours needed to work.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

I applied online and got a call for interview within a week. Interviewed that same day by the csr manager. After that a second interview with the hiring manager that same day.

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

I was phone screened, interviewed and brought in to do paperwork. There was a lot of confusion on my end with where I was going, talking to and even what I was being hired for. Once officially offered the start date kept changing. I was given 3 different start dates, all due to trainer availability.

I did not negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

I was first contacted by a recruiter for the position. After hearing about the position, I went onto US Bank's website and applied directly. It took a little over a week to receive a phone call from the company. They did a brief phone interview when they initially called, just to gauge my experience and personality. She then asked me to come in for an interview. This was a Wednesday, and I scheduled the interview for that Friday.
    When I arrived at the company I was greeted by two interviewers. They seemed really nice and laid back. The first question they asked was to tell them about my "educational experience/history". They then went on to ask me about each position I had within the last 5 years. They wanted to know about my responsibilities and how they were similar to the position I was interviewing for. They also wanted to know why I left, and which job was my favorite and which was my least favorite.
    They then went on to ask me "tell me about a time when.." type questions. There were quite a few of those, but nothing I was totally caught off guard by. I have quite a bit of interviewing experience so most of the questions were similar to what I've been asked before such as, "Tell me about a time you dealt with an irate customer, and how you handled it.." And, "Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with someone you worked with and how you handled it". Etc.
    They also had me do some role play by pretending I was on a call explaining to a customer how to make a PB&J. It was awkward but not that bad.
    After all of the questions, I made sure to ask them a few questions about the company. They answered them all very well, and had sold me on working for the company. They told me my position would never get boring and one of the interviewers even said she used to have this particular position and loved it.
    After my questions, they told me a lot about the company and what i'd expect from day to day. They then went on to tell me about benefits and paid time off, dress code, and asked me about any upcoming vacations I had planned. I could tell they liked me and most likely wanted me for the position because of the way they were talking. I don't know if it was something they went into detail about with all of their interviewees, but in my opinion, if someone is not fit for a position then the interviewer won't go into much detail about the company, and go through the trouble of asking them if they had any upcoming vacations, salary requirements, dress code, and when they could start, etc.
    They told me I would hear back early that upcoming week, and I left the interview feeling very confident. I didn't end up hearing back early in the week like they said. I was so confident when I left, and that made me nervous and anxious, and caused me to doubt myself. When I thought I wasn't going to get a call at all, and I made the decision to move on, I ended up getting a call. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a decision you made that you are least proud of.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate pay because they offered me the higher end of the salary range they had told me during my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Allis, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Allis, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

There was a phone call to set up an phone interview. The phone interview was about 20 minutes long. After the phone interview I was asked to schedule an in person interview, which was about 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • The lecture about how sales experience was a must and a huge part of the position even though the job description stated that there will be some sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at U.S. Bank in March 2013.

I was already working for FSV and was always a top performer Interview process was unfair

Interview Questions
    • any convictions? and I had none but it didn't matter to them they wouldn't listen   View Answer
    they retracted the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2010.

After submitting the online application, I was called for an interview. The in-person interview at the call center lasted about half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • What policies at your previous job did you disagree with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2010.

Phone interview very professional. Then came the face to face which was with the hiring manager. I got a chance to tour the office and it seems very dirty with employees that didn't seem too happy. The hiring manager explained the basic job and how they seem to over manage everything (breaks, call talk time, etc). I spoke to two people who quit there and declined the offer after their feedback

Interview Questions

Talked to two people who said it's bad to work there. Said they were miserable every day. Also based on my feeling manager was kind of a jerk and place came off as dirty so decided to decline offer. Pay was below expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2010.

I don't have any information to provide about the hiring and interview process. I don't have any information to provide about a most difficult or most unexpected question. I don't have any information to provide about the hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I don't have any information to provide about a most difficult or most unexpected question. I don't have any information to provide about a most difficult or most unexpected question.   Answer Question