U.S. Bank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Fargo, ND) in June 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application I was contacted within 24 hours via email to set up an initial phone interview with a U.S. Bank recruiter. The phone interview was what you'd expect, basic description of the position, a few background questions, followed by some "Give me an example of a time when you..." customer service oriented STAR questions. At the end of the phone screening the recruiter said she would be recommending me for an in-person interview, and that I should be hearing from someone in HR within the next few days to arrange a time. The woman in the HR department contacted me several hours later, and we set up an interview for the early the following week.

Fairly standard in-person interview, consisting largely of "Tell me a time when you..." style STAR questions and a more in-depth description of the job. The management team that conducted the interview were nice and very friendly, and the entire process with them was largely conversational. Everything ended on a positive note, and I was told I should be contacted by their manager within the week.

I was contacted the next day via phone by their manager, and asked a few more questions: If hired, would I be able to attend training in it's entirety? Would I require any time off in the next x-number of days? Etc., and I was given hours, an hourly pay rate, and a brief overview of benefits I would receive were I to officially be offered the position. I was asked if I was still interested in employment with U.S. Bank, to which I said that I was, and I was informed that I should be hearing back from a recruiter again within the next few days.

The next afternoon I was contacted by a recruiter and offered the position, pending the results/completion of my background check.

The whole process took a little over a week.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would change about yourself if you could?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Overland Park, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received email to do a phone interview, then after the phone interview was invited to do an in person interview. I was asked a lot of questions during the in person interview. They were all situation based and "tell me about a time when." They told me it would be about 5 days before I heard anything back from them and they called me the next day and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Fargo, ND) in January 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview which was very easy just asked a few questions on my prior work experience, and was offered an in person interview about a week later. When I arrived for my in person interview I was brought into the conference room with a manager, was really laid back. We were both dressed business casual, and I was informed I was dressed well for the interview (I was just wearing black pants and a solid black sweater and some red flats) I was just asked a few questions, and was given feed back directly. It was more conversational than most interviews which was nice. Sucked because I had to wait for the next training class to start over a month after my interview and my call for hire.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with having a customer in line who has a lot of things they need assistance with and a few people with not so many waiting after?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I applied online. About 2 weeks later I got a call from the HR. He gave me full details about the job position and asked a few questions about myself. He then asked about an in person interview with one of the supervisors. There was standard behavioral questions. Interview won't be hard as long as you come in confident and show that you want the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an unsatisfied customer? If so, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was good but i had to later decline due to hours needed to work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for interview within a week. Interviewed that same day by the csr manager. After that a second interview with the hiring manager that same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grangeville, ID

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank (Grangeville, ID) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied for job online through local labor department. They called for an interview the following day. I met with the manager a few days later. Interview consisted of basic questions and a few situation questions.I was offered the position, via a phone call, a few days later. Email links were a little irritating. Some days they worked, others they didn't.

Negotiation

There was none.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I was phone screened, interviewed and brought in to do paperwork. There was a lot of confusion on my end with where I was going, talking to and even what I was being hired for. Once officially offered the start date kept changing. I was given 3 different start dates, all due to trainer availability.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter for the position. After hearing about the position, I went onto US Bank's website and applied directly. It took a little over a week to receive a phone call from the company. They did a brief phone interview when they initially called, just to gauge my experience and personality. She then asked me to come in for an interview. This was a Wednesday, and I scheduled the interview for that Friday.
    When I arrived at the company I was greeted by two interviewers. They seemed really nice and laid back. The first question they asked was to tell them about my "educational experience/history". They then went on to ask me about each position I had within the last 5 years. They wanted to know about my responsibilities and how they were similar to the position I was interviewing for. They also wanted to know why I left, and which job was my favorite and which was my least favorite.
    They then went on to ask me "tell me about a time when.." type questions. There were quite a few of those, but nothing I was totally caught off guard by. I have quite a bit of interviewing experience so most of the questions were similar to what I've been asked before such as, "Tell me about a time you dealt with an irate customer, and how you handled it.." And, "Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with someone you worked with and how you handled it". Etc.
    They also had me do some role play by pretending I was on a call explaining to a customer how to make a PB&J. It was awkward but not that bad.
    After all of the questions, I made sure to ask them a few questions about the company. They answered them all very well, and had sold me on working for the company. They told me my position would never get boring and one of the interviewers even said she used to have this particular position and loved it.
    After my questions, they told me a lot about the company and what i'd expect from day to day. They then went on to tell me about benefits and paid time off, dress code, and asked me about any upcoming vacations I had planned. I could tell they liked me and most likely wanted me for the position because of the way they were talking. I don't know if it was something they went into detail about with all of their interviewees, but in my opinion, if someone is not fit for a position then the interviewer won't go into much detail about the company, and go through the trouble of asking them if they had any upcoming vacations, salary requirements, dress code, and when they could start, etc.
    They told me I would hear back early that upcoming week, and I left the interview feeling very confident. I didn't end up hearing back early in the week like they said. I was so confident when I left, and that made me nervous and anxious, and caused me to doubt myself. When I thought I wasn't going to get a call at all, and I made the decision to move on, I ended up getting a call. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a decision you made that you are least proud of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate pay because they offered me the higher end of the salary range they had told me during my interview.

Anonymous Employee in West Allis, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (West Allis, WI).

Interview

There was a phone call to set up an phone interview. The phone interview was about 20 minutes long. After the phone interview I was asked to schedule an in person interview, which was about 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• The lecture about how sales experience was a must and a huge part of the position even though the job description stated that there will be some sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at U.S. Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I was already working for FSV and was always a top performer Interview process was unfair

Interview Questions

• any convictions? and I had none but it didn't matter to them they wouldn't listen   1 Answer

Negotiation

they retracted the offer