U.S. Bank Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2009.

Interview

Everything was top notch with their interview process until they never responded with a final contact. For a company so large, I was surprised their HR didn't do that automatically.

Interview Questions

• Case study was for a loan underwriting assignment with a yes/no decision required   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

Was called after applying to a position online. Given a phone interview that lasted almost 2 hours. Didn't hear back for a while. Got a call back about a month later to come in for another 2 hour interview. Said they would call me in 4-6 weeks.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2010.

Interview

Very laid back and simple

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to think out of the box to solve a complex problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2009.

Interview

Applied online got a call from a recruiter, then had a phone interview then 2 face to face interviews.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

The first interview was in person, so there was no initial phone interview. A week or two later I had a phone interview as the final interview with the regional director, which was interesting since most other interview experiences the phone and in-person have been flipped. About a month later I heard back with an offer. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and they were very informative and helpful in their communication. There was a short personality quiz which I found pretty odd, and I'm not sure how they use it in the selection process.

Interview Questions

• I had to take a skills review exam which took longer than expected but it wasn't too hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got an interview through a referral. About a week later I was invited to the SF office where I met with a VP and SVP of investments. VP was the screen, and asked me mostly behavioral questions. SVP focused on more technical investment questions, making sure my skill set fit with the group.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a mutual fund and describe to me how you would evaluate it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I met 4 people, they asked me some general interview questions.