U.S. Bank Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Stevens Point, WI
Anonymous Employee in Stevens Point, WI

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank in March 2015.

The interview was very professional and straightforward. It began with some light conversation to get comfortable, followed by an overview of the position. I had 2 people interview me, but the branch manager asked most of the questions. It was fairly quick and they answered all of the questions I brought in with me.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a high stress situation you have been involved in, in the workplace.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2012.

Talked to a family friend who works at the bank and he gave me a contact email. The contact set up a full day interview with 5 different people, lunch included. Process went smoothly and I heard back within a few weeks that I got a position under one of the people I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • What attracted you to this part of the bank?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in March 2012.

The interview process was fairly similar to most. Started with an on-campus interview, 1 on 1. Then a few of us were selected to come to the New York office and a second round was conducted. The second round was great because I was able to meet with a few bankers, a trader as well as the head of the MSG here at US Bank.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing insanely difficult just know the company's background and how well the MSG has done in its first few years here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2010.

I applied through campus recruiting site. I was contacted for an initial screening phone interview. Phone interview was behavioral and a little bit of knowledge based questions. After that I was invited to the office for 3 half hour 1 on1 interviews consisting of similar questions. I was offered the position within a week of second interview. Interviewers were very friendly and nice during the interview. They really appreciated questions that I posed to them.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2011.

Resume was circulated to different departments. Interested department heads decided whether to interview me. On interview day I met with 4 different departments within 3 interviews. Everyone was friendly and open. The process of hearing back took roughly 2 weeks and came through the HR office located in another state. I was invited to formally apply for the position online and then received the offer the next day.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2011.

I reached out to an alumnus of my university who passed my resume around various departments. I ultimately had interviews with 4 different departments (3 interviews in one day). I received an offer a week or so later.

Interview Questions
    • What attracts you to this industry?   Answer Question
    • If I asked you to create a financial model, would you be able to do that?
      (this department focused heavily on underwriting)

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2010.

It was a phone interview asking why I wanted to work in the Financial world, what my background was, what roles I have played in my University.