U.S. Bank

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2012.

Interview Details – Talked to a family friend who works at the bank and he gave me a contact email. The contact set up a full day interview with 5 different people, lunch included. Process went smoothly and I heard back within a few weeks that I got a position under one of the people I interviewed with.

Interview Question – What attracted you to this part of the bank?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly similar to most. Started with an on-campus interview, 1 on 1. Then a few of us were selected to come to the New York office and a second round was conducted. The second round was great because I was able to meet with a few bankers, a trader as well as the head of the MSG here at US Bank.

Interview Question – Nothing insanely difficult just know the company's background and how well the MSG has done in its first few years here.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting site. I was contacted for an initial screening phone interview. Phone interview was behavioral and a little bit of knowledge based questions. After that I was invited to the office for 3 half hour 1 on1 interviews consisting of similar questions. I was offered the position within a week of second interview. Interviewers were very friendly and nice during the interview. They really appreciated questions that I posed to them.

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2011.

Interview Details – I reached out to an alumnus of my university who passed my resume around various departments. I ultimately had interviews with 4 different departments (3 interviews in one day). I received an offer a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to this industry?   Answer Question
  • If I asked you to create a financial model, would you be able to do that?
    (this department focused heavily on underwriting)
      Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2011.

Interview Details – Resume was circulated to different departments. Interested department heads decided whether to interview me. On interview day I met with 4 different departments within 3 interviews. Everyone was friendly and open. The process of hearing back took roughly 2 weeks and came through the HR office located in another state. I was invited to formally apply for the position online and then received the offer the next day.

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview asking why I wanted to work in the Financial world, what my background was, what roles I have played in my University.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Bank

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

U.S. Bank Videos

U.S. Bank – Why Work for Us?

About U.S. Bank You're considering a career with one of the most admired, reputable and strongest banks in the United States. By focusing on integrity, putting customers first and continually innovating, we're… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank Intern interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees and interview candidates.