U.S. Bank Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.6

Trust Account Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

I was interested in a job posting on the company's website. I filled out the online application and submitted my resume and attached a cover letter. I was contacted the next day to arrange for a phone interview. The interviewer was a human resources manager from the head office and not the office I was applying at. She called the next day and interviewed me over the phone. I had the education they were looking for but not the exact experience. The interview questions focused on detailed work scenarios such as: describe a time when....

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when I was asked to describe distinct details about the content that I learned in my accounting classes. I had trouble remembering all that I learned and was not prepared for those types of questions. Next time I will be.   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Interview was CAKE, no assessment, no phone interview, just one in person interview with the branch manager and co manager. Standard interview questions; asked me about my past jobs, why I would be a good salesman. It's honestly all about SALES. be confident, be yourself, be real and make them laugh, keep it lighthearted while also holding a professional demeanor and express your accomplishments

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it, would you change it now looking back? Sell me this pen   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, although they offered me 25 cents more than the minimum starting pay for the job because i had previous sales experience

Various Upper Level Collections Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Experienced multiple interviews for several positions. Was told looking to fill position quickly. Then I didn't hear anything to know if I had been rejected. Despite email communication specifically asking if a position was filled, no reply. However, jobs I applied for but did not interview replied via email in a reasonable timeframe. It's like they want to keep you hanging in case it doesn't work out with someone else.

In-Store Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Applied online through U.S. Bank job portal. I was brought in twice to be interviewed. First I was interviewed by the branch manager and second the senior banker. They were looking for someone with sales experience and flexible hours. The interview process was formal. They took me into the branch office.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straight forward. They were looking for someone with sales experience.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

the interview process is the same as others, you apply online, I got a call about a month later. I went in for an interview at a branch, then after that I had to go to a group interview at another branch with 5 other people there. The interview was with the district manager and another branch manager. The interview was not much of an interview, they just ask the same questions like, "why do you want to work US bank, what will you bring?" after that they just went over how it is to work for the bank. After that the district manager told us that if we really wanted the job, that we had to make it happen. (i think it was to test who would be good at reaching out to people for future sales calls) Basically we had to call our manager that we had the first interview with and persuade them that we are the fit for the job. After i talked to that manager, I had let her know i was going to go on vacation the next week just in case they call for an offer. She was okay with it, and two weeks later i got the offer call and started working a week later.

As for the hiring process, your very first day they make you go to an orientation meeting at the main branch, which was downtown, then you do training on the computer before you get on the teller line. For me the training took a week. It was test after test after test. Overall the interview was pretty easy just be confident and smile.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, I had cash handling experience but no teller experience, but if you do i would negotiate.

Universal Banker Interview

I was referred to US Bank by a family friend. I met with the branch manager and got a general overview of the job and what they were hiring for. I filled out my online application and received a phone call the following week to set up a phone interview for the end of the week. I was contacted to set up an in person interview a dew days later. Exactly two week after my in person interview, I received a phone call from HR letting me know that I had been given a conditional offer of employment. The background check and fingerprinting took an additional week as a half.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Very standard "tell us about a time"....   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate from $13.50 to $15 an hour. I used my experience with high volume cash handling, and great references from previous employers. Not too difficult, but I came with a number in mind, and would not leave until I had received the number I wanted. Everyone was very pleasant during the process. I just had to stand my ground.

Entry Level Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

I have interviewed with U.S. Bank three times for three different entry level positions. I know I was more than qualified for all three positions. Of course, they rejected me all three times but didn't have the decency to return my phone calls or send out rejection letters.

The managers from the departments interview you, but I was told during one interview that it would be HR getting back to me if I was hired. Apparently HR is too busy to send out rejections letters.

I found it funny that the managers specifically said that I should call them back if I had any questions. Yet when I call them and leave a message, they never respond.

Needless to say, I am done applying there and I won't be banking with U.S. Bank ever. After I got rejected the first time, I paid off all of my student loans so they wouldn't get any more of my interest. I know I showed them!

I should add that they never contacted my references before rejecting me either. I really would like to know what the people in Human Resources do all day.

Interview Questions
    • You get asked some behavioral/situational questions. One question was something like, "Name a time when your employer asked you to do something unethical and what did you do?" So basically, they want you to either insult a previous employer (which is bad) or say that has never happened and therefore not answer the question at all.   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

The hiring manager called me. Then we set up the interview. I interviewed with him and his boss. The process was relatively easy. Then I got the job offer within 2 weeks after the interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

I applied online. About 2 weeks later I got a call from the HR. He gave me full details about the job position and asked a few questions about myself. He then asked about an in person interview with one of the supervisors. There was standard behavioral questions. Interview won't be hard as long as you come in confident and show that you want the job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever dealt with an unsatisfied customer? If so, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    The pay was good but i had to later decline due to hours needed to work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

I applied online and got a call for interview within a week. Interviewed that same day by the csr manager. After that a second interview with the hiring manager that same day.