U.S. Bank

2.6

Sales and Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in March 2015.

It was a basic interview. The interviewers talked about the job and what it entails. Then got into my resume and finally about 5 behavior questions. Nothing hard. However, they thought I was interviewing for a position that I had not applied to. They asked if I wanted to continue the interview. In the end, they agreed that I was over qualified for an entry-level position and asked my permission to pass my resume along for a Supervisor/Manager position (which is what I thought I was interviewing for in the first place).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you failed at a project. What steps did you take to correct it?   Answer Question

Credit Review Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2015.

I had a phone interview for 30 minutes. They asked me to tell more about myself, my work experience and education. Afterwards, she explained me in detail the job duties, I could ask questions. The job description in job posting wasn't sufficient enough for me to understand that I have lack of experience for this position, that's why I haven't be chosen since my profile was little bit different.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

I submitted an online application and was contacted by the branch manager. The interview was short. I was asked questions about previous customer service experience and cash handling. Right after interviewing with the branch manager, I had to speak with the customer service manager (back-up branch manager).

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate. In fact, the branch manager let me know up front that the pay would be $10. I accepted because I was unemployed.

Customer Service Help Desk Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

They do not ask many questions and usually go through a temp agency. It helps if you know someone there because that is how most people get the job.

Interview Questions
    • They are basic questions and the positions are usually filled by friends and relatives of those already working there. Big nepotism.   Answer Question
    None

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

The agency ensured I was a fit before I was brought into the process. This was helpful to save their time, and mine. Everyone was professional and very succinct. It was an easy sell and we knew it was a fit based on our initial meetings. I had done adequate networking, and knew many key hiring managers prior to the process. That always helps.

Interview Questions
    • None came up that I hadn't prepped. The job was a perfect for my skills.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

No phone interview. Just sent me an email to go onsite. Interviewed by four managers separately. Mainly went through resume in different aspects of experience. Some prefer coding experience, some prefer extracurricular and volunteer experience. All nice to me.

Interview Questions
    • If you want to fund something, would you go debit or credit?   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Phone interview firstly, basic questions of your employment history and situations and actions during those times. Second interview with district manager or Different branch manager, similar questions, but more about your qualifications and specifics. third interview with District manager or other branch manager of expectations of job, past experiences with jobs and personal relation skill to make sure you will be a good fit for that specific branches culture and employees and management. Possible side interviews with other branch employees such as customer service managers or senior bankers to see if you will "fit in" with the others.

once offered job, you will be introduced and thrown into work right away.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to over come a objection or confirmation with a customer or fellow coworker.   View Answer

In Store Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2015.

I applied online. The process took about 5 days. Got a call from the Branch manager to come for an interview. Had my first interview at an In Store branch. Got a call the same day in the evening to go for a second interview at another In Store branch. Both branch managers were pretty impressed with me, and told me I was going to be getting a call in about 3 business days if I was hired. Called them after 2 days, and was informed I was hired. I received an official offer the day after I called. Passes a criminal background check and was scheduled to begin orientation 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Very unorganized. I was called back for interviewing 11 times in a 6 month period. Upper Management did not communicate among themselves within the district. On 9 of the 11 interviews, I never received any sort of follow-up or call-back. After each interview I set the expectation of a call back & when they expected on getting back with me. I wound up initiating the follow-ups & still didn't get a response from the District Managers the majority of the time.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions were asked.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

First a phone interview asking basic questions and then an Interview with branch assistant manager, then branch manager asking about specific times you went above an beyond. After a couple of weeks you are made an offer from corporate.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a difficult interview as long as you have a handful of examples to reference regarding sales, customer experience, and your passions in life.   Answer Question
    Offered on the high side.