U.S. Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.6

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Hamilton, OH).

Interview

I filled out an application. I was called for an interview and tests. I had another interview, and I was hired. The interviewer was very kind, and I believe she knew that I was very nervous. She made me feel at ease. I was told in the second interview that I had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Phone and Panel- talked with a recruiter on the phone, and then was offered and interview...did an interview with a panel of 2 people, it all took about an hour and half. I received a call shortly after that and was offered the position.

Negotiation

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Basic questions about sales, customer service, management style.
    Looking for banking industry experience including lending/underwriting skills
    Retail experience and how you have handled prior turnover situations, including recruiting, training and hr. Lots of tell me about a time questions

Interview Questions

• What are your business sales strategies?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was with the Teller Supervisor, who just asked me about myself and what to expect from the job. The second interview was conducted by the Manager. Both interviews were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• They will ask the standard corporate interview questions, such as "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", and "Why do you think you'd be good for this job?"   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Plymouth, MN).

Interview

phone interview -> on-site interview -> writing sample -> on-site interview again

Both technical questions and behavior questions were involved. Technical questions were asked during the on-site interview mostly and they were really conversation-based. I don't think people were asked the same questions.

After the first on-site interview, I was asked to provide writing samples and asked some of the questions that were given, which were 6 questions about previous experience and case studies. 4 out of 6 were asked to write. The questions were given on Friday and asked to submitted on Monday.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavior question: strength/weakness, biggest challenge, knowledge in regulation(Basel II), professional writing experience, etc.

Technical question: assumptions for linear/logistic regression and do they important in application, time series analysis, etc.

Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Lewiston, ID).

Interview

Applied online, was called roughly 1 week later for an in-person interview. The interviewers were the Branch Manager and Assistant manager. Both were nice and cheerful. Interview went well, but due to lack of banking experience I was denied the position. I recommend that anyone with customer service experience go for a job like this as it is what banking largely entails at this level.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying at US Bank?
      What most interests you about banking?
      Name a time when you disagreed or were displeased with a management policy at your last job.
      More behavioral questions... dealing with irate customers, etc.

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Great, I was contacted in a timely manner and the managers who interviewed me were interesting in my past. There were multiple interviews, but the process was not to complicated.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

The manager walked me around the grocery store where the bank was located discussing the involvement of soliciting customers. We then sat down for a formal interview to discuss the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that is relevant to this open position?   Answer Question

Branch Manager In Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from the US Bank recruiter two days later. Spent about 45 minutes on the phone with him (very nice gentleman) discussing the position, what my experience is and a few "what's if" questions on how to handle certain situations. He then set me up for a face to face interview 3 days later. Met with the bank Director. Very nice lady, well spoken and friendly. Did not make you feel nervous but asked very direct interview questions about honesty and what work experiences you have that match what they are looking for. I do not have banking experience, but I do have financial experience. I was impressed that after the formal questions we got to just talk candidly. That is always important to me because I am interviewing them as much as they are interviewing me. This conversation let me see who she really was, and I liked her even more.

Interview Questions

• What job experiences do you have that allowed you to set goals for a staff and how did you ensure that those goals were met?   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was welcoming and really ladid back. The interview was more like a mutual conversation. We talked more about the needs of the business and how I could assist.