U.S. Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.6

Entry Level Position Interview

I applied online - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

I have interviewed with U.S. Bank three times for three different entry level positions. I know I was more than qualified for all three positions. Of course, they rejected me all three times but didn't have the decency to return my phone calls or send out rejection letters.

The managers from the departments interview you, but I was told during one interview that it would be HR getting back to me if I was hired. Apparently HR is too busy to send out rejections letters.

I found it funny that the managers specifically said that I should call them back if I had any questions. Yet when I call them and leave a message, they never respond.

Needless to say, I am done applying there and I won't be banking with U.S. Bank ever. After I got rejected the first time, I paid off all of my student loans so they wouldn't get any more of my interest. I know I showed them!

I should add that they never contacted my references before rejecting me either. I really would like to know what the people in Human Resources do all day.

Interview Questions
    • You get asked some behavioral/situational questions. One question was something like, "Name a time when your employer asked you to do something unethical and what did you do?" So basically, they want you to either insult a previous employer (which is bad) or say that has never happened and therefore not answer the question at all.   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

The hiring manager called me. Then we set up the interview. I interviewed with him and his boss. The process was relatively easy. Then I got the job offer within 2 weeks after the interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

I applied online. About 2 weeks later I got a call from the HR. He gave me full details about the job position and asked a few questions about myself. He then asked about an in person interview with one of the supervisors. There was standard behavioral questions. Interview won't be hard as long as you come in confident and show that you want the job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever dealt with an unsatisfied customer? If so, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    The pay was good but i had to later decline due to hours needed to work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

I applied online and got a call for interview within a week. Interviewed that same day by the csr manager. After that a second interview with the hiring manager that same day.

Personal Banker Interview

Easy interview; informative; I was able to ask lots of questions and all were thoroughly answered; got a good feel for what I would be doing on the job; interview was one-on-one.

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview process took about 2 weeks. Interview was very easy, standard questions (tell me about yourself, scenario based questions ) I met with 3 different groups of people and the first interview was a panel interview.

The position was more sales based with quotas and pipelines to meet on a weekly basis, I was looking for something more finance based.

Universal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2014.

Applied online. (on a Friday) They called that day to setup an interview for Monday. Interview lasted about an hour. Called 2 hours later with an offer. Was a super easy/relaxed interview with 2 store managers. They just want to know how you are, and what you are able to bring to the company.

none.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

I applied for a bank teller position at US Bank and the processes took 1 week and I had an interview. The interview was easy 1:1 and he said that I will have 2 more interviews. The person who interviewed me was very nice and positive.After interview I wait 2 weeks and they didn't call me back. I call them and they said that they hire another person.

Interview Questions
    • The question was easy about your previous jobs and duties and he ask me about what salary I would like to have.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Only had phone interview with the big "boss", initial got an verbal offer, then after a few follow-ups, they no longer responded me. really unprofessional. At least, I deserve an answer/result!!!

Sales and Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

The process started with an online application. A few weeks later I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview with an HR representative. After that was a phone interview with the hiring manager, an in-person interview with hiring manager, and a final in-person interview with both the hiring manager and the district manager. All interview questions were very basic, more about getting to know you than questioning your skills and abilities.

No negotiation

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!