U.S. Bank Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.6

Fraud Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Phone Interview - Basic
    In Person - Very technical and case study like questions. In order to do well, I had to know SAS, SQL, and pattern recognition ad hoc. The interview was straight forward without any gimmicks.

Interview Questions
    • Show me what you see in this random spreadsheet of data?   View Answer
    Entry level, little negotiation.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2012.

Long process. FIrst, after you put in an application, you have to wait approximately a week until it goes thru HR and then gets funneled to the hiring manager. Most of the time, the hiring manager doesn't get to the req for a few days because they are busy with things that they shouldn't need to do (small business), and then they finally call for an interview

Team Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank in March 2014.

I submitted application in November 2013 for a bilingual team manager in the Kansas City area. I was called for an interview in March 2014. I had my first interview 1 week ago with two managers, and will then have an interview Friday with an AVP. The managers made it sound like they had lost my resume and someone put it on their desk (the bilingual job was filled, but they are hiring English only and hiring 150 new reps, so they have more job openings coming.) Be sure to follow up on your application if you haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • They use behavior based interview questioning. Be sure to answer in STAR - situation, Task, Action, Result format. Most difficult: Tell me about a time you had to convey something or get something across to someone that didn't want to listen or who was difficult to communicate with   Answer Question
    I am still in process

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2013.

I had an incredible recruiter who put me in touch with the hiring manager in less than a week. The hiring manager had me in for an interview in less than a week. I was extended an offer in less than a week. During the interview, I had a battery of analysts ask me questions that were very appropriate and translated to what we do. My experience involved interpreting SAS code and I am told that this is not unique to my position as someone else I know was asked technical SQL questions. This group really has their act together and it was a pleasant experience... with the exception that I was not immediately extended an offer upon exiting the interview... lofty expectations... all joking aside, great group; very professional and terribly efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to interpret their SAS code.   View Answer
    They offered what I asked for on the application which was over the specified pay grade. No negotiation was necessary, they beat me to it.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2014.

After applying online, received an invitation to a group interview, where I was only asked two questions in order to be considered for a private interview. The manager indicated only about 50% of applicants make it to the group interview and wished us good luck. I was surprised how quickly I received the interview invitation. The initial hiring process is fast.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was giving detailed answers to the simple questions that carried the weight of my value as a candidate. The two questions were essentially to 1. describe a situation where you assisted a difficult client and 2. describe a time when you went out of your way to provide great customer service.   Answer Question

Mainframe Developer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

The first step was a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. The second step consisted of a standardized logic aptitude test and an evaluation on written communication skills. The third step was an interview with 7 application managers at once. The fourth step was an informational interview with a senior-level staff member. The fifth and final step was an interview with 3 more application managers.

Interview Questions
    • You seem like a very humble man. Why do you not tout your achievements in a more "in your face" fashion?   Answer Question
    The job was entry level mainframe developer training, so the offer was non-negotiable.

Senior Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2010.

I had an internal employee referal for this position. Interview process was very layered and lengthy, but in the end i got the job! I took over 5 weeks and met with several managers, and had to do presentations. I had engineered a made up process for them with some given background and data. It was very rigorous.

Interview Questions
    • I had to do an analysis of a made up process and prepare a recommendation slide. I presented this to senior management and defend it. It was fun but also very realistic.   Answer Question

Various Upper Level Collections Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Experienced multiple interviews for several positions. Was told looking to fill position quickly. Then I didn't hear anything to know if I had been rejected. Despite email communication specifically asking if a position was filled, no reply. However, jobs I applied for but did not interview replied via email in a reasonable timeframe. It's like they want to keep you hanging in case it doesn't work out with someone else.

Model Validation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2012.

Interviewed by a manager directly, mostly behavior questions, go through my resume in every detail

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2010.

Referred by a friend. It took 3 weeks to hear from HR for an interview. Interview was tough and challenging. Need to negotiate the salary and benefits.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate and got what I asked for.