U.S. Bank

2.6

Credit & Debit Card Fraud Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2013.

I was told my start date would be the beginning of May. I didn't start training until June 3. Training was not consistent. Not long enough to feel comfortable doing the job.

Interview Questions
    I would advise anyone who gets hired, be ready to figure things out yourself.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grangeville, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grangeville, ID

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2014.

Applied for job online through local labor department. They called for an interview the following day. I met with the manager a few days later. Interview consisted of basic questions and a few situation questions.I was offered the position, via a phone call, a few days later. Email links were a little irritating. Some days they worked, others they didn't.

There was none.

In Store Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2014.

Went to a group interview first, we did a group activity as our first activity. Next we did roleplaying and the interview asked us to sell him something imaginary item from a type of store. After that we met 1 on 1. A few days later the branch manager for the job I applied to called me and I met with her. After meeting with her she said I would be going through a phone interview about a week later. After the phone interview the branch manager called me and said I was hired! Whoo!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to go above and beyond to try and make a sale.   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2014.

I filled out the application online, recieved a call for an interview a couple days later and set it up for the next day. Went in for the interview which was good we talked about both being new to area and he asked me about previous work experience focusing on how comfortable I am with selling items and my customer service skills. After that he said I will get another interview over the phone if chosen to move one to next step of hiring process. I got the phone interview about 2 weeks later. That went well she asked me about my selling experience and customer service. She also explained more about the position. After that I was pretty much hired but I had to talk to the district manager which was over the phone to get to know me a bit. Later the manager of the bank called and said I pretty much got the job and HR would have to call and give me an official offer. which took about a week. They send you an email to follow the direction to complete a background check, and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • In what way did your actions affect the way the business ran? I think that is how he worded it.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate didn't have experience as a banker.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, MO

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2014.

The women conducting the interview was somewhat rude and asking questions that did not pertain to the interview what so ever . Was not confident in the interview or selection process.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Originally applied for a Universal Banker position. I started with phone interview, which went very well. The recruiter asked about my current position and recognitions I had listed on my resume. She recommended that I apply for another position posted about three hours away from where I live (I said I was willing to relocate) as that position seemed like a better fit. I told her my availability for an in person interview and about a week later was contacted by a different recruiter letting me know my interview was the following day. I don't think she realized I had to drive three hours, however the three managers seemed appreciative of the effort I took to make it to the interview. They asked about my accomplishments in my current position as well as how I achieved my goals. There was a lot if role playing, after which they gave instant feedback. I felt the interview went well, however, about months after, I received a generic decline letter for the original Universal Banker position I had posted for.

Interview Questions
    • How would you conduct a cold call to a prospective customer?   Answer Question

Senior Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2014.

It was very quick. I submitted an application online and was called within the same working day. Its the quickest response time I had ever experienced. The interview was very nice. Very informative. Nothing out of this world.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected... why did you leave your last job in banking? what do you expect in salary pay? etc... very easy.   Answer Question

I wanted a traditional branch. I had interviewed for an In Store Branch.

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2014.

Was referred by an employee who sent my resume to HR. HR contacted me then asked me to fill out an application online for a job that they felt was the best fit. A couple weeks later I got a call to schedule a face-to-face interview. During the interview we went over my resume. The interviewers asked me several behavioral questions. We also discussed the company and the objectives of the position. The interview went well. I called and emailed to follow up several times in the following weeks. About 3 weeks after the interview I received a call with an offer. I had 24 hours to accept or decline.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time when you failed at something and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Investment Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2010.

My resume was very strong for the position which may explain why the hiring manager (who had just been released from the emergency room hours before our meeting), made the first interview easy and informal. The second interview was with a group and went great. I was referred so the process was probably easier for me.

I did not have to negotiate because they presented a fair offer from the start.

Universal Banker Interview

Interview was CAKE, no assessment, no phone interview, just one in person interview with the branch manager and co manager. Standard interview questions; asked me about my past jobs, why I would be a good salesman. It's honestly all about SALES. be confident, be yourself, be real and make them laugh, keep it lighthearted while also holding a professional demeanor and express your accomplishments

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it, would you change it now looking back? Sell me this pen   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, although they offered me 25 cents more than the minimum starting pay for the job because i had previous sales experience