U.S. Bank

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.6

In Store Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2014.

I applied online. Then a week later I was contacted by the regional manager for an interview. After being interviewed by the regional manager I was scheduled for a second interview two weeks later with the branch manager. Lastly after my interview with the branch manager the regional manager contacted me the same day for my final interview. In total you will have three interviews and the interview questions were simple nothing too hard.

Sales and Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2014.

Applied online and got a phone call 3 days later. Had a very brief phone interview and was asked about my ideas of customer service. At the end I was asked if I would interview with the branch manager the following week. The branch manager interview took about an hour and a half with various question such as tell me a time when you had to make a decision that others didn't agree with. At the end I was told there would be a phone interview with the district manager. This took place the following week and basically was the same as the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to repair a relationship that had been previously stressed   View Answer
    They asked what I was looking for in the interview and that's what they offered.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2014.

I was called into a group interview and they emailed us a few questions to prepare with.
    The interview started late, talking to the other 2 being interviewed, theh had applied weeks ago, so my fast turnaround of 3 days was more so a luck thing and i didnt have to wait. They asked a ton of questions and it felt comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you over these other candidates? (In a group interview)   View Answer

In Store Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2014.

Went to a group interview first, we did a group activity as our first activity. Next we did roleplaying and the interview asked us to sell him something imaginary item from a type of store. After that we met 1 on 1. A few days later the branch manager for the job I applied to called me and I met with her. After meeting with her she said I would be going through a phone interview about a week later. After the phone interview the branch manager called me and said I was hired! Whoo!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to go above and beyond to try and make a sale.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Originally applied for a Universal Banker position. I started with phone interview, which went very well. The recruiter asked about my current position and recognitions I had listed on my resume. She recommended that I apply for another position posted about three hours away from where I live (I said I was willing to relocate) as that position seemed like a better fit. I told her my availability for an in person interview and about a week later was contacted by a different recruiter letting me know my interview was the following day. I don't think she realized I had to drive three hours, however the three managers seemed appreciative of the effort I took to make it to the interview. They asked about my accomplishments in my current position as well as how I achieved my goals. There was a lot if role playing, after which they gave instant feedback. I felt the interview went well, however, about months after, I received a generic decline letter for the original Universal Banker position I had posted for.

Interview Questions
    • How would you conduct a cold call to a prospective customer?   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Interview was CAKE, no assessment, no phone interview, just one in person interview with the branch manager and co manager. Standard interview questions; asked me about my past jobs, why I would be a good salesman. It's honestly all about SALES. be confident, be yourself, be real and make them laugh, keep it lighthearted while also holding a professional demeanor and express your accomplishments

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it, would you change it now looking back? Sell me this pen   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, although they offered me 25 cents more than the minimum starting pay for the job because i had previous sales experience

Various Upper Level Collections Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Experienced multiple interviews for several positions. Was told looking to fill position quickly. Then I didn't hear anything to know if I had been rejected. Despite email communication specifically asking if a position was filled, no reply. However, jobs I applied for but did not interview replied via email in a reasonable timeframe. It's like they want to keep you hanging in case it doesn't work out with someone else.

In-Store Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Applied online through U.S. Bank job portal. I was brought in twice to be interviewed. First I was interviewed by the branch manager and second the senior banker. They were looking for someone with sales experience and flexible hours. The interview process was formal. They took me into the branch office.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straight forward. They were looking for someone with sales experience.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

the interview process is the same as others, you apply online, I got a call about a month later. I went in for an interview at a branch, then after that I had to go to a group interview at another branch with 5 other people there. The interview was with the district manager and another branch manager. The interview was not much of an interview, they just ask the same questions like, "why do you want to work US bank, what will you bring?" after that they just went over how it is to work for the bank. After that the district manager told us that if we really wanted the job, that we had to make it happen. (i think it was to test who would be good at reaching out to people for future sales calls) Basically we had to call our manager that we had the first interview with and persuade them that we are the fit for the job. After i talked to that manager, I had let her know i was going to go on vacation the next week just in case they call for an offer. She was okay with it, and two weeks later i got the offer call and started working a week later.

As for the hiring process, your very first day they make you go to an orientation meeting at the main branch, which was downtown, then you do training on the computer before you get on the teller line. For me the training took a week. It was test after test after test. Overall the interview was pretty easy just be confident and smile.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, I had cash handling experience but no teller experience, but if you do i would negotiate.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, MO

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2014.

The women conducting the interview was somewhat rude and asking questions that did not pertain to the interview what so ever . Was not confident in the interview or selection process.