U.S. Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Overland Park, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received email to do a phone interview, then after the phone interview was invited to do an in person interview. I was asked a lot of questions during the in person interview. They were all situation based and "tell me about a time when." They told me it would be about 5 days before I heard anything back from them and they called me the next day and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

My first interview was a phone interview since I am currently living out of town. The interviewer first introduced the job description, talked about the company, etc. Then asked mostly situational questions. Finally, she opened up the interview for me to ask any questions about the position, company, etc. Overall, the interview process was very straightforward and what you can expect of a first interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you had to make an important decision and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through US bank career website. Got an email from a recruiter 2 days later to conduct a phone screen. Passed on to second interview which is at the service center. Questions are pretty much common sense with a lot of customer service based experience. 3 days later, got a phone call from the recruiter extended the job offer to me and I had to go in to do finger printing for background check. Walla!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you have to resolve a customer issue, what was the situation and what steps did you take to resolve it?   Answer Question

Project Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank (Bloomington, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and was not contacted. I contacted then and was immediately called back for an interview with the recruiter two weeks from application date. She then interviewed me and recommended me to my future boss. My boss contacted me and we met face to face for another interview, and then another interview with her assistant. Then they recommended me to the regional manager. And I was interviewed by her two days later over the phone. Now I'm waiting to hear if I'm hired I should know in a few days!

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal work environment?   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Rochester, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online in March 2015, took about 2 months before I was contacted by HR for a phone interview. 2nd interview was with a panel of 3 members, direct manager, team lead, and with a commercial loan officer. 3rd was an informal interview with the location manager.
    Interview questions were a mix or both behavior and standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had an ethical dilemma?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was above what I expected, did not negotiate.

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Idaho Falls, ID).

Interview

Only one interview. Interviewed with the Manager and Assistant Manager. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable. Talked about ramdom things in the first two minutes so i relax then got into the interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They contacted me about a week later and told me the base pay (13.25) I didn't negociate.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Sat with Manager and Assistant Manager at the same time and was asked a series of questions. They played good cop bad cop trying to see if they get a feel for how you really are and if you get nervous in situations were two different types of people are talking to you.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I received a call a few days after applying online. The interview was scheduled for the next day. They primarily asked behavioral interview questions where you must explain how your past experience is relevant to the position you are applying for.

PMO Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

It was a simple interview based on behavioral type questions. Many questions seemed to be more subjective rather than objective. I believe it was because the person that did the interviewing did not have a technical background, therefore stuck to the subjective questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview by a US Bank recruiter. She scheduled a meeting and didn't show, and sent me a note to scheduler. I got back to her right away but she then disappeared. I called her and left two voice messages and no response.
    I found this to be disrespectful and a complete waste of my time.

See review