U.S. Bank Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.6

In-Store Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Applied online, got a call back from the branch manager in couple of days to come for an interview. The manager was not prepared, read questions from a paper. He seemed very inexperienced.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2014.

This was really interesting. I was told that this position has been posted since the beginning of 2014. I applied online in August and did not hear anything until October. The human resources recruiter made the initial contact with me via telephone. It was an impromptu phone interview to screen me and see if I met the basic qualifications, so be ready. After that, I did not hear from U.S. Bank until November. That is when the hiring manager reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted an hour and was more for her to get to know me. Not really hard questions. Then a few weeks later, the hiring manager reached out to me again, this time to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with her as well as both her boss and the initial human resources recruiter, both were located remotely and attended the interview via teleconference. This interview was very situational and the hiring manager was following a script already prepared with questions and recording my answers. This interview lasted over an hour and I was told that they would let me know before Christmas. Two weeks later, I found out I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when someone asked you to do something that did not follow proper policy or procedure or a situation when you were asked to do something unethical.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The offer was really great!

In Store Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2014.

I applied online. Then a week later I was contacted by the regional manager for an interview. After being interviewed by the regional manager I was scheduled for a second interview two weeks later with the branch manager. Lastly after my interview with the branch manager the regional manager contacted me the same day for my final interview. In total you will have three interviews and the interview questions were simple nothing too hard.

Sales and Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2014.

Applied online and got a phone call 3 days later. Had a very brief phone interview and was asked about my ideas of customer service. At the end I was asked if I would interview with the branch manager the following week. The branch manager interview took about an hour and a half with various question such as tell me a time when you had to make a decision that others didn't agree with. At the end I was told there would be a phone interview with the district manager. This took place the following week and basically was the same as the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to repair a relationship that had been previously stressed   View Answer
    They asked what I was looking for in the interview and that's what they offered.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2014.

Applied through the USBank company website on the career page. Created a profile with USB. Initial contact was through the hiring manager. Had a 1 1/2 hour onsite interview. The common interview questions followed by a series of behavioral interview questions. Interview was with the hiring manager and another member of the department. Offer came from the HR recruiter by phone, followed up by written offer letter via email.

Interview Questions
    • Question on challenges or problems I experienced in my previous position and how I overcame them.   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2014.

I was called into a group interview and they emailed us a few questions to prepare with.
    The interview started late, talking to the other 2 being interviewed, theh had applied weeks ago, so my fast turnaround of 3 days was more so a luck thing and i didnt have to wait. They asked a ton of questions and it felt comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you over these other candidates? (In a group interview)   View Answer

In Store Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2014.

Went to a group interview first, we did a group activity as our first activity. Next we did roleplaying and the interview asked us to sell him something imaginary item from a type of store. After that we met 1 on 1. A few days later the branch manager for the job I applied to called me and I met with her. After meeting with her she said I would be going through a phone interview about a week later. After the phone interview the branch manager called me and said I was hired! Whoo!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to go above and beyond to try and make a sale.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Originally applied for a Universal Banker position. I started with phone interview, which went very well. The recruiter asked about my current position and recognitions I had listed on my resume. She recommended that I apply for another position posted about three hours away from where I live (I said I was willing to relocate) as that position seemed like a better fit. I told her my availability for an in person interview and about a week later was contacted by a different recruiter letting me know my interview was the following day. I don't think she realized I had to drive three hours, however the three managers seemed appreciative of the effort I took to make it to the interview. They asked about my accomplishments in my current position as well as how I achieved my goals. There was a lot if role playing, after which they gave instant feedback. I felt the interview went well, however, about months after, I received a generic decline letter for the original Universal Banker position I had posted for.

Interview Questions
    • How would you conduct a cold call to a prospective customer?   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Interview was CAKE, no assessment, no phone interview, just one in person interview with the branch manager and co manager. Standard interview questions; asked me about my past jobs, why I would be a good salesman. It's honestly all about SALES. be confident, be yourself, be real and make them laugh, keep it lighthearted while also holding a professional demeanor and express your accomplishments

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it, would you change it now looking back? Sell me this pen   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, although they offered me 25 cents more than the minimum starting pay for the job because i had previous sales experience

Various Upper Level Collections Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Experienced multiple interviews for several positions. Was told looking to fill position quickly. Then I didn't hear anything to know if I had been rejected. Despite email communication specifically asking if a position was filled, no reply. However, jobs I applied for but did not interview replied via email in a reasonable timeframe. It's like they want to keep you hanging in case it doesn't work out with someone else.