U.S. Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.6

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

It was fine. Normal interview. Walked me through and gave me details of the job. I saw and met a lot of people. The overall interview took a half hour. It was vey easy going.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

The first interview was in person, so there was no initial phone interview. A week or two later I had a phone interview as the final interview with the regional director, which was interesting since most other interview experiences the phone and in-person have been flipped. About a month later I heard back with an offer. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and they were very informative and helpful in their communication. There was a short personality quiz which I found pretty odd, and I'm not sure how they use it in the selection process.

Interview Questions

• I had to take a skills review exam which took longer than expected but it wasn't too hard.   Answer Question

Teller Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Orange, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was very clear. Contacted by phone first, followed by 2 interview during 45 min each. They were very clear about the process the job and the responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at US Bank?   1 Answer

In-store Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Moreno Valley, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a total of three interviews. 1 phone and 2 in person. The phone interview is pretty simple. The in person they asked to go in to a little more detail. I was originally applying for in-store banker I, but because of my experience they brought me on as an in-store banker II. Overall just be yourself, confident, and be able to sell yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I originally applied for an in-store banker I position but they offered me an in-store banker II position which is a little more in pay because of my experience.

Mortgage Processing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Process was unnecessarily stressful. Was told I would be called back within 3 business days with an answer. After several calls into the office and e-mails to the recruiter I finally heard back.... after two weeks!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got an interview through a referral. About a week later I was invited to the SF office where I met with a VP and SVP of investments. VP was the screen, and asked me mostly behavioral questions. SVP focused on more technical investment questions, making sure my skill set fit with the group.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a mutual fund and describe to me how you would evaluate it.   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

initial phone interview with the hiring manager. Then in person interview with two managers doing similar work, both were hiring roles. Pretty quick turn around but I did reach out to a recruiter there so I don't know if that initiated the contact. I applied online on the 6th and after contacting the recruiter I was contacted by the hiring manager on the 14th. In Person interview on the 19th.

Interview Questions

• Technical examples of situations Ive experienced. Very much STAR type questions.   Answer Question

Collection Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

phone interview we talked i was ask about my background how long i had been in banking what were likes and dislikes. would i move or like to work at different branches, what did i do at the branches

Interview Questions

• what famous person what you like to be   1 Answer

QA Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

In a word - unprofessional. First, I interviewed for two positions with this company - both management positions. When I went for my final interview for the first position, I was told by the hiring manager that it was down to me and one other person. The final interview came and went. No word for weeks. I reached out to them to find out if there was any status, only to be told they were still making up their minds. Again, weeks went by. Finally, I received a phone call asking if I was still interested. I said I was. The HR rep then informed me that they would be back in touch with me in a couple of days. Again, weeks went by and nothing. Then, to beat it all, they called again. Same story. They asked if I was still interested. Again, I said yes. Again, they said they would be in touch within a few days. And again - nothing. So I basically I let it go. However, I was contacted a full month later by a different individual at U.S. Bank to see if I would be interested in a different position. The hiring manager for the first position had given my resume to a different hiring manager, and she was contacting me to so if I would be interested. This was how I found out I didn't get the first job (even though by this point I had assumed this was the case). I interviewed with the second person. By all indications, things went well. She then said I would be interviewing with three other individuals. I went through these interviews one by one over the course of the next few weeks. Each time, at all levels, everything seemed to go well. The final person told me, once again, that I would be contacted by HR within the next few days. However, once again, a week went by and I heard nothing. Eventually, I sent an email directly to the first individual to find out if things were still moving forward. I then received an email saying that they decided not to extend an offer and to basically go away. This entire process was so screwed up at so many levels it is hard to know what to make of it. In summary, if you decide to interview with this company don't expect much professionalism.

N/A Interview

Interview

N?A.US Bank was my former employer. Was employed for over 12 years. Was Laid off due to department relocating. My experience with US Bank was a good experience. Loved my job and all my associates. Was a great place to work.