U.S. Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.6

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Lewiston, ID).

Interview

Applied online, was called roughly 1 week later for an in-person interview. The interviewers were the Branch Manager and Assistant manager. Both were nice and cheerful. Interview went well, but due to lack of banking experience I was denied the position. I recommend that anyone with customer service experience go for a job like this as it is what banking largely entails at this level.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying at US Bank? What most interests you about banking? Name a time when you disagreed or were displeased with a management policy at your last job. More behavioral questions... dealing with irate customers, etc.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Great, I was contacted in a timely manner and the managers who interviewed me were interesting in my past. There were multiple interviews, but the process was not to complicated.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

The manager walked me around the grocery store where the bank was located discussing the involvement of soliciting customers. We then sat down for a formal interview to discuss the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that is relevant to this open position?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very structured, accurate, informative discussing the responsibilities and expectations of the position and company. It was a very solid connection that reinforced that it was a great fit and has a large amount of potential for immediate through long term career goals.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was welcoming and really ladid back. The interview was more like a mutual conversation. We talked more about the needs of the business and how I could assist.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fargo, ND) in June 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application I was contacted within 24 hours via email to set up an initial phone interview with a U.S. Bank recruiter. The phone interview was what you'd expect, basic description of the position, a few background questions, followed by some "Give me an example of a time when you..." customer service oriented STAR questions. At the end of the phone screening the recruiter said she would be recommending me for an in-person interview, and that I should be hearing from someone in HR within the next few days to arrange a time. The woman in the HR department contacted me several hours later, and we set up an interview for the early the following week. Fairly standard in-person interview, consisting largely of "Tell me a time when you..." style STAR questions and a more in-depth description of the job. The management team that conducted the interview were nice and very friendly, and the entire process with them was largely conversational. Everything ended on a positive note, and I was told I should be contacted by their manager within the week. I was contacted the next day via phone by their manager, and asked a few more questions: If hired, would I be able to attend training in it's entirety? Would I require any time off in the next x-number of days? Etc., and I was given hours, an hourly pay rate, and a brief overview of benefits I would receive were I to officially be offered the position. I was asked if I was still interested in employment with U.S. Bank, to which I said that I was, and I was informed that I should be hearing back from a recruiter again within the next few days. The next afternoon I was contacted by a recruiter and offered the position, pending the results/completion of my background check. The whole process took a little over a week.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would change about yourself if you could?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called by manager for an interview. The HR lady was out for an injury. My manager had me come in for an interview. Afterward he called me 3 days later and offered me the job. When you normally get hired with the HR lady you can pick your schedule. I wasn't allowed to but my manager was super understanding. I ended up having another job interview at the bank there the same day for a different position. He called me to offer the job and I told him that I had another interview that day. He said it was not a problem and gave me his cell number to call him once I was out of the other interview to accept or decline the job. He was so nice and willing to work with me after the interview I called him one minute later. At the interview he had me go through 2 mock calls with him. They were nerve racking but simple. Then he asked questions mostly related to selling and how I have dealt with difficult customers. All in all really easily.

Branch Manager In Store Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from the US Bank recruiter two days later. Spent about 45 minutes on the phone with him (very nice gentleman) discussing the position, what my experience is and a few "what's if" questions on how to handle certain situations. He then set me up for a face to face interview 3 days later. Met with the bank Director. Very nice lady, well spoken and friendly. Did not make you feel nervous but asked very direct interview questions about honesty and what work experiences you have that match what they are looking for. I do not have banking experience, but I do have financial experience. I was impressed that after the formal questions we got to just talk candidly. That is always important to me because I am interviewing them as much as they are interviewing me. This conversation let me see who she really was, and I liked her even more.

Interview Questions

• What job experiences do you have that allowed you to set goals for a staff and how did you ensure that those goals were met?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

It was fine. Normal interview. Walked me through and gave me details of the job. I saw and met a lot of people. The overall interview took a half hour. It was vey easy going.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

The first interview was in person, so there was no initial phone interview. A week or two later I had a phone interview as the final interview with the regional director, which was interesting since most other interview experiences the phone and in-person have been flipped. About a month later I heard back with an offer. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and they were very informative and helpful in their communication. There was a short personality quiz which I found pretty odd, and I'm not sure how they use it in the selection process.

Interview Questions

• I had to take a skills review exam which took longer than expected but it wasn't too hard.   Answer Question