U.S. Bank

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

2.6

Universal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2014.

I filled out the application online, recieved a call for an interview a couple days later and set it up for the next day. Went in for the interview which was good we talked about both being new to area and he asked me about previous work experience focusing on how comfortable I am with selling items and my customer service skills. After that he said I will get another interview over the phone if chosen to move one to next step of hiring process. I got the phone interview about 2 weeks later. That went well she asked me about my selling experience and customer service. She also explained more about the position. After that I was pretty much hired but I had to talk to the district manager which was over the phone to get to know me a bit. Later the manager of the bank called and said I pretty much got the job and HR would have to call and give me an official offer. which took about a week. They send you an email to follow the direction to complete a background check, and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • In what way did your actions affect the way the business ran? I think that is how he worded it.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate didn't have experience as a banker.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

I applied for a bank teller position at US Bank and the processes took 1 week and I had an interview. The interview was easy 1:1 and he said that I will have 2 more interviews. The person who interviewed me was very nice and positive.After interview I wait 2 weeks and they didn't call me back. I call them and they said that they hire another person.

Interview Questions
    • The question was easy about your previous jobs and duties and he ask me about what salary I would like to have.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Only had phone interview with the big "boss", initial got an verbal offer, then after a few follow-ups, they no longer responded me. really unprofessional. At least, I deserve an answer/result!!!

Sales and Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

The process started with an online application. A few weeks later I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview with an HR representative. After that was a phone interview with the hiring manager, an in-person interview with hiring manager, and a final in-person interview with both the hiring manager and the district manager. All interview questions were very basic, more about getting to know you than questioning your skills and abilities.

No negotiation

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

It was a very pleasent hiring and Interview process it was very positive and friendly.The recruitor was very helpful, answered all my questions and looked into all my concerns. All conversations took place when I was able to get some personel time. The over all process was very postitive and went very smooth. The recruitor kept in touch with me over the weeks while waiting for management to approve my hire date.

Very pleasent

In-Store Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2014.

Applied on the 13th, Got a call back on the 14th, Interviewed on the 15th and received a call later that day with an offer. So, the hiring process seemed to be much quicker than other reviews, I used the law of attraction to get this job. That's why it came so fast, The Universe is great.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer came in upset that a check could not be processed that day but he needed the money, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    I was offered 14.45 and was more than happy to take such a generous offer. Let's get this money.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2014.

My first interview with recruiter she asked basic background and resume questions and why I applied at U.S. Bank over others. My second interview was a phone interview with the section manager again typical background and relevant experience questions. Both interviewers were very friendly and it was less of an interview and more of a conversation. I expected a third interview when I got a call from the recruiter a week after the second interview but it was an offer instead.

Interview Questions
    I did not have to negotiate, they offered more than I asked for.

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2014.

Was referred by an employee who sent my resume to HR. HR contacted me then asked me to fill out an application online for a job that they felt was the best fit. A couple weeks later I got a call to schedule a face-to-face interview. During the interview we went over my resume. The interviewers asked me several behavioral questions. We also discussed the company and the objectives of the position. The interview went well. I called and emailed to follow up several times in the following weeks. About 3 weeks after the interview I received a call with an offer. I had 24 hours to accept or decline.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time when you failed at something and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Initial interview with recruiter was great, friendly and courteous. Immediately referred to a peer interview, but warned that they were not adapting to change well in that location. I received a call shortly afterward to setup peer interview and was told I would meet with 2 people, the person calling and another person. When I reached the office, I was 10 minutes early. I was placed in a small cramped office with no windows. I waited 25 minutes before anyone came (peer interviewer was 15 minutes late to the interview). Only one person showed up, the one that called blew it off completely. The person doing the interview seemed uninterested in anything I had to say from the moment she walked in. I have traveled quite a bit in life and she was more interested in the places I visited than my career experiences, but even then seemed at times like I was bothering her by being there. At the end of the interview, she made a comment that she would prefer to hire from within and it seemed clear that she was being forced to interview me. Within hours of the interview, received standard form email stating they were not proceeding with me as a candidate. As you may be wondering, I was professionally dressed, my resume is professional, I was qualified, I don't slouch and smile while making eye contact and firm handshake. My time was completely wasted.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions, no question was difficult or unexpected, the climate of the interview itself was what was unexpected.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Had 2 interviews and they were pretty easy. Had the branch manager ask questions as an assistant observed and wrote down answers. Basic questions were asked and a few on my sales skills asking me to sell them a pen because they wanted to see how I would make a referral.