U.S. Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.6

Teller I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

It was honestly the best interview I have gone to. It was basically a conversation about myself and about what I can offer to the company. I remember speaking to the Assistant Manager and the Teller Coordinator. They asked me numerous questions about past experiences.

Banker Two Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2010.

The initial contact for this company was done via telephone. My first interview was conducted that afternoon. I was supposed to have two interviews, however, was hired on immediately. I spent one month in training at a different store location then later was transferred to my home branch. Training was always very accurate and consistent.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I encountered during my interview was explain an incident at a previous position in which you encountered a difficult manager, how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    We would like to hire you for this position at ---- rate can you start within the week?

Universal Banker II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Apply, Get a Call, Meet, Come for second interview with District Manager, and that's where they Hire you. usually you start a few weeks after this meeting because they have to run background checks and you need to visit HR.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate anything.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richfield, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2013.

I was submitted to U.S. Bank by a contracting agency. Had one interview with the hiring manager and one future coworker on site at their facility in Richfield. Then received an offer via the contracting agency.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about all of your job experience.   View Answer
    Accepted the rate specified by the contracting agency.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

I applied online - interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2013.

You'll be asked mainly about customer service opportunities that you've had in the past and how you've dealt with each situation. You will also be asked about how well you do in sales.

Interview Questions
    • Give a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and made the situation better.   View Answer

Cardmember Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

There was a phone interview. This was followed by a in person interview. This interview was followed by an additional phone interview. There was a background check and a fingerprint check. Then the job was extended to me.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newport Coast, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Coast, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2010.

I had to do an imaginary sales call to test out my knowledge. They were desperate for bankers so hired on the spot. The interview was a basic, what experience do you have etc. They wanted to know if you would work weekends etc.

Interview Questions
    I said i was 13 instead of 12 and they cooperated.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

2 phone screens. The first was with the hiring manager, the second with the lead dev.
    2 in person interviews. The first was with the manager just to solidify the opportunity and expectations, the second was a tech interview.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wauwatosa, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2014.

The Branch Manager called me a week later after I submitted my application on that Friday he set up an interview for Monday and after I interviewed he called back immediately and wanted another interview but with the higher up. He loved me too. So after that they extended a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for US Bank?   Answer Question
    • Is there any question you would like me to ask you?   Answer Question
    • At your last job would there be anything you would change if you had the ability to?   Answer Question
    I'm sure I was but I was fine with the offer

Team Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Behavioral Based Interviewing. It was a very long process and I was never kept in the loop. I literally thought they had forgotten about me and decided to move forward with someone else.

No negotiation