U.S. Bank

2.6

Universal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2014.

Typical questions , like: tell me about a difficult situation with a customer that you had to over come. There were 3 managers attending the interview. The did the interviews back to back . The setting was calm. they offered water. The branch was very slow, only one person came in while i was there. Yet the continued to talk about how much sales goals there were. When i asked them about the amount of traffic in the branch on a regular basis and how that equaled out with the sales goals. they didn't have much to say.

Interview Questions

Hours and pay were too low

Cardmember Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

There was a phone interview. This was followed by a in person interview. This interview was followed by an additional phone interview. There was a background check and a fingerprint check. Then the job was extended to me.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

2 phone screens. The first was with the hiring manager, the second with the lead dev.
    2 in person interviews. The first was with the manager just to solidify the opportunity and expectations, the second was a tech interview.

Team Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Behavioral Based Interviewing. It was a very long process and I was never kept in the loop. I literally thought they had forgotten about me and decided to move forward with someone else.

No negotiation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

The interview process is long and they have you come back multiple times. Eight to ten separate interviews visits are not unheard of. The departments do not coordinate with each other. If you are not found to be an exact fit for the position, you need to start the process over again with HR.

They do not seem that efficient. Often, human resources does not know wheat they are looking for and have bo

Teller Interview

Honesty but not over sharing

Instore Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Did interview over phone, then was scheduled an interview with a couple different branch's reps. Interviewed for 2 different locations, then set up interview to go to each location for another interview with a different rep at that branch. After accepted offer, you get background checked and go in for fingerprinting. After this you have orientation and begin at branch.

In Store Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2014.

I applied online, and waited for a week, no one called me. And then I went to the branch, talked to the branch manager, and gave her my resume and cover letter. She schduled me an interview the day after i meet her. Most questions were behavieral questions, and a role play game, she asked me either sale a bank product or things I sold in my last job. I choosed to sell her a credit card. After the interview, she told me to take a interview with another branch manager tomorrow. The second interview went pretty smooth. The branch manager did not ask any behaviral questions, but only things like can I take the training, how long can I work for us bank, when can I started to work. 5 days after the 2nd interview, I received a call, told me to go for the final interview with the district manager. The final interview asked some behaviral questions, and asked if I have some special needs for the training. A week after the final interview, the branch manager called me said they would like to give me an offer.

No negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Submitted application online and got contacted by a recruiter. Brought to onside and interview by the hiring manager and a few future colleagues. Everyone seemed extremely nice and professional. Standard behavior questions, questions regarding experiences on resume and a little bit of technical details or problem solving skills, which I was not quite realized at that time. The result was not surprising.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual. I sensed that some problem solving skill questions were hidden in the conversation.   Answer Question

Senior Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

On-line application, in person interview, job offer

Interview Questions
    Non negotiable..ask for higher base pay, bonus structure not large part of overall compensation