U.S. Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015

2.6

In-Store Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Applied online through U.S. Bank job portal. I was brought in twice to be interviewed. First I was interviewed by the branch manager and second the senior banker. They were looking for someone with sales experience and flexible hours. The interview process was formal. They took me into the branch office.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward. They were looking for someone with sales experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

the interview process is the same as others, you apply online, I got a call about a month later. I went in for an interview at a branch, then after that I had to go to a group interview at another branch with 5 other people there. The interview was with the district manager and another branch manager. The interview was not much of an interview, they just ask the same questions like, "why do you want to work US bank, what will you bring?" after that they just went over how it is to work for the bank. After that the district manager told us that if we really wanted the job, that we had to make it happen. (i think it was to test who would be good at reaching out to people for future sales calls) Basically we had to call our manager that we had the first interview with and persuade them that we are the fit for the job. After i talked to that manager, I had let her know i was going to go on vacation the next week just in case they call for an offer. She was okay with it, and two weeks later i got the offer call and started working a week later.

As for the hiring process, your very first day they make you go to an orientation meeting at the main branch, which was downtown, then you do training on the computer before you get on the teller line. For me the training took a week. It was test after test after test. Overall the interview was pretty easy just be confident and smile.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I had cash handling experience but no teller experience, but if you do i would negotiate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2014.

Interview

It was very quick. I submitted an application online and was called within the same working day. Its the quickest response time I had ever experienced. The interview was very nice. Very informative. Nothing out of this world.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected... why did you leave your last job in banking? what do you expect in salary pay? etc... very easy.   Answer Question

I wanted a traditional branch. I had interviewed for an In Store Branch.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Union, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

The women conducting the interview was somewhat rude and asking questions that did not pertain to the interview what so ever . Was not confident in the interview or selection process.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Eugene, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

There was one in-person interview and then I was hired about three weeks after the interview. The interview was casual with the Branch Manager and Assistant Manager. They were more concerned with gauging my personality and how I would fit in with their current employees than they were with my previous banking experience, which was a plus for me since this was my first job in banking. They also cared that I was very interested in the position and asked lots of questions about the position to make sure it was a good fit for me.

Teller Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Little Rock, AR) in October 2014.

Interview

Apparently the hiring process involves the branch manager instead of the HR department because I was called by the branch manager to set up the interview. The initial interview consisted of talking about my work experience and some pretty basic questions. The second interview involved the branch manager and the regional manager. This consisted of, once again, my work experience and then some more in-depth questions. It was very laid-back and incredibly easy to get through compared to past interviews.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced a time that you had to coach a fellow employee? If so, how did you go about coaching that person?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever experienced a time when you were unable to help a customer? If so, what were the circumstances and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • If you delegated a time-sensitive task to an employee and they failed to complete the task, how would you handle the situation? When would you get your supervisor involved?   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Interview

I was referred to US Bank by a family friend. I met with the branch manager and got a general overview of the job and what they were hiring for. I filled out my online application and received a phone call the following week to set up a phone interview for the end of the week. I was contacted to set up an in person interview a dew days later. Exactly two week after my in person interview, I received a phone call from HR letting me know that I had been given a conditional offer of employment. The background check and fingerprinting took an additional week as a half.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Very standard "tell us about a time"....   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate from $13.50 to $15 an hour. I used my experience with high volume cash handling, and great references from previous employers. Not too difficult, but I came with a number in mind, and would not leave until I had received the number I wanted. Everyone was very pleasant during the process. I just had to stand my ground.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I have interviewed with U.S. Bank three times for three different entry level positions. I know I was more than qualified for all three positions. Of course, they rejected me all three times but didn't have the decency to return my phone calls or send out rejection letters.

The managers from the departments interview you, but I was told during one interview that it would be HR getting back to me if I was hired. Apparently HR is too busy to send out rejections letters.

I found it funny that the managers specifically said that I should call them back if I had any questions. Yet when I call them and leave a message, they never respond.

Needless to say, I am done applying there and I won't be banking with U.S. Bank ever. After I got rejected the first time, I paid off all of my student loans so they wouldn't get any more of my interest. I know I showed them!

I should add that they never contacted my references before rejecting me either. I really would like to know what the people in Human Resources do all day.

Interview Questions

• You get asked some behavioral/situational questions. One question was something like, "Name a time when your employer asked you to do something unethical and what did you do?" So basically, they want you to either insult a previous employer (which is bad) or say that has never happened and therefore not answer the question at all.   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

The hiring manager called me. Then we set up the interview. I interviewed with him and his boss. The process was relatively easy. Then I got the job offer within 2 weeks after the interview.

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Easy interview; informative; I was able to ask lots of questions and all were thoroughly answered; got a good feel for what I would be doing on the job; interview was one-on-one.