U.S. Bank

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 6 months - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – The interview process is long and they have you come back multiple times. Eight to ten separate interviews visits are not unheard of. The departments do not coordinate with each other. If you are not found to be an exact fit for the position, you need to start the process over again with HR.

They do not seem that efficient. Often, human resources does not know wheat they are looking for and have bo

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when a project did not go well.   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received an e-mail a few days later for a phone interview. The interviewer was on-time, pleasant, and the overall experience was positive.

Interview Question – No questions were particularly difficult, but the details of the job were a little different than I expected based on the information from the job posting. I could have prepared better for the interview if I would have known the details of the job up front.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2010.

Interview Details – A phone interview, took a personality test, had a set of interviews with all of the district managers and the operations manager (two at a time) at the corporate office, and a last interview with the regional manager at the corporate office. Be knowledgeable about the company, the industry and what is going on in the economy. The managers all love to hear about any sales success that you have had in previous positions because of the high level of sales required for the position. The company is also very focused on customer satisfaction so if you are a relationship builder out of habit let them know about it in the interview, don't lie if you are not it won't necessarily hurt you.

Interview Question – What would cause you to leave this job?   Answer Question

Fargo, ND

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed for 2 positions with the manager from each department. The questions asked were standard behavioral interview questions along with in depth discussions of each of the departments operations.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – telephone interview, behavioral questions, group interview

Interview Question – what are your strengths?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good

Interviewed at U.S. Bank

Interview Details – an internal profiling tool was used that was done two years before the interview. interview process proceeded despite the fact that another candidate was offered position already. this is a reflection of the hiring manager, not the whole company.

Interview Question – questions were moderate difficulty and expected   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2009.

Interview Details – 4 -5 Behavioral Based interviews. Very friendly and was impressed with the Interviewer's pride in their company.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an initial offer and negotiated a higher offer. After a few days, they called me back and offered me something I could live with.

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Bank

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

U.S. Bank Videos

U.S. Bank – Why Work for Us?

About U.S. Bank You're considering a career with one of the most admired, reputable and strongest banks in the United States. By focusing on integrity, putting customers first and continually innovating, we're… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank Manager interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees and interview candidates.