U.S. Bank Operations Manager Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Initial interview with recruiter was great, friendly and courteous. Immediately referred to a peer interview, but warned that they were not adapting to change well in that location. I received a call shortly afterward to setup peer interview and was told I would meet with 2 people, the person calling and another person. When I reached the office, I was 10 minutes early. I was placed in a small cramped office with no windows. I waited 25 minutes before anyone came (peer interviewer was 15 minutes late to the interview). Only one person showed up, the one that called blew it off completely. The person doing the interview seemed uninterested in anything I had to say from the moment she walked in. I have traveled quite a bit in life and she was more interested in the places I visited than my career experiences, but even then seemed at times like I was bothering her by being there. At the end of the interview, she made a comment that she would prefer to hire from within and it seemed clear that she was being forced to interview me. Within hours of the interview, received standard form email stating they were not proceeding with me as a candidate. As you may be wondering, I was professionally dressed, my resume is professional, I was qualified, I don't slouch and smile while making eye contact and firm handshake. My time was completely wasted.

Interview Questions
  • Very standard questions, no question was difficult or unexpected, the climate of the interview itself was what was unexpected.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Originally contacted by a retained recruiter regarding a position that had been open for some time. I had a 30 minute conversation with her, which led to an interview a few days later with the hiring manager. I was then asked to interview with 2 people who would be my peers. After that, broght in to meet a panel of co-workers. All in all, a pretty easy process.

Interview Questions
    • No real curve balls. Besides the technical questions, there was a lot of conversation about being a good culture fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2012.

I enjoyed the interview at U.S. Bank. I found the gentleman conducting the interview to be personable and comfortable to talk with. He explained why the positions were open, what the new department would do and his direction for the future. I thought it would be a good company to work for with very diverse options for future growth opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince someone to give you time to talk about risks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2011.

Typical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me a time when you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!