U.S. Bank Personal Banker II Interview Questions

2.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wickenburg, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wickenburg, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2013.

The whole entire interview process took around 5 days. For starters, put in an online application first. After that, I would encourage you to go and speak to the branch manager at the location which you applied at. This bank is a very personal workplace and truly wants to see effort put in by the prospect employee. They want the person who is going to work to get the job, because the job itself is hard work. So try hard and put yourself out there.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time where you had an unruly customer and how you handled the situation.   View Answer
There was a negotiation for 25 cents to be added to the salary per hour and the accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Personal Banker II Interview

I knew a current employee of US Bank when I applied and I was told to apply since I had been looking for a job. I applied online at usbank.com and the application process was rather straight forward. I got a call the next week to set up an interview. I went in for the interview and discussed what I saw myself doing with the company and my career goals. They are very customer service, sales and ethics driven. After my interview I had another interview with a second manager. The next week I was extended a job offer from HR.

Interview Questions
    I was not really given the chance to negotiate. I asked for more and it was told to me that it was the maximum salary they could offer me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Junction, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2009.

After applying, I received a call exactly one week later asking me to come in and interview the next morning. This was my one and only interview. The Branch Manager asked the majority of the questions. The Assistant Manager came in and out of the office and asked a few questions. At the end, I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

I asked both the managers why they work at U.S. Bank, about its stability and outlook and about opportunities for advancement. They were both very encouraging and positive about the bank.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a time in a previous banking job when I made a mistake and how I resolved the issue. What they were looking for was how I would handle a customer experience that goes wrong. Essentially, they want to hire people that take ownership and handle things ethically.   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate on my pay since they offered me the same rate as my previous job. But I was told by the manager that they do not negotiate salary and that she went to HR to request a hire starting rate to match. Also, she talked about the generous incentive structure and earning potential there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2013.

I was told that they had a job opening at the branch near me so I went in and talked to the branch manager. It was about a 15 min semi interview she told me to then apply. About two weeks later I got a call from their administrative office and was scheduled trot a panel interview. In that interview was the branch manager where I was applying another branch manager and the district manager. It was basic questions about my work experience and why I should be employed by U.S. Bank. Five hours after the interview I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why should you be employees when you have no previous banking experience?   View Answer
    It was an amazing offer so no negotiation.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!