U.S. Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.6

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Sat with Manager and Assistant Manager at the same time and was asked a series of questions. They played good cop bad cop trying to see if they get a feel for how you really are and if you get nervous in situations were two different types of people are talking to you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Sit down for lunch and questions were exchanged. I was recruited and I flipped the interview into asking what US Bank could offer me and how could I grow with US Bank. Second interview was at the branch location and more formal.

Interview Questions

• How I dealt with different personalities and how I would be able to connect with clients big and small.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

We had lunch. It was mostly the Branch Manager talking. I asked why I should be a banker and he said that I have the personality that can connect with any person in any situation. He said that is a skill you cannot teach.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ethical situation that you experienced and if you were told to do something you didn't feel comfortable.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Phone interview firstly, basic questions of your employment history and situations and actions during those times. Second interview with district manager or Different branch manager, similar questions, but more about your qualifications and specifics. third interview with District manager or other branch manager of expectations of job, past experiences with jobs and personal relation skill to make sure you will be a good fit for that specific branches culture and employees and management. Possible side interviews with other branch employees such as customer service managers or senior bankers to see if you will "fit in" with the others. once offered job, you will be introduced and thrown into work right away.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to over come a objection or confirmation with a customer or fellow coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

3 round interview , phone, then 2 others, asking you lots of situations how would you respond give then examples, and ask achievement u had before.aks you ur salary requirement, and ask if you can work on weekend, ask what motivates you, and ask how much effort you will put in this job

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Originally applied for a Universal Banker position. I started with phone interview, which went very well. The recruiter asked about my current position and recognitions I had listed on my resume. She recommended that I apply for another position posted about three hours away from where I live (I said I was willing to relocate) as that position seemed like a better fit. I told her my availability for an in person interview and about a week later was contacted by a different recruiter letting me know my interview was the following day. I don't think she realized I had to drive three hours, however the three managers seemed appreciative of the effort I took to make it to the interview. They asked about my accomplishments in my current position as well as how I achieved my goals. There was a lot if role playing, after which they gave instant feedback. I felt the interview went well, however, about months after, I received a generic decline letter for the original Universal Banker position I had posted for.

Interview Questions

• How would you conduct a cold call to a prospective customer?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Easy interview; informative; I was able to ask lots of questions and all were thoroughly answered; got a good feel for what I would be doing on the job; interview was one-on-one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

Apply online, go to job fair. Wait in large room with other applicants. Talk with first round screen composed of would-be managers' bosses one on one. Next, there is a more detailed one on one interview with a hiring manger who asks more questions and then gives you a sample situation. They give you a good idea of whether or not you are going to be hired as you are leaving.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Interview process was very disorganized. HR emailed interview confirmation to the wrong email for both my first and second interview. I was also kept waiting for 15+ minutes before each interview and during the first one especially it was very disorganized and was basically just reiterating information that had already been said over the phone. Very pointless overall and felt like a waste of everyone's time. Most of both interviews involved trying to convince me that US Bank is an amazing place to work and that I should really want to work there. I accepted the job, but my experience during the interview process definitely made me consider turning it down if it would be any indication of what working there would be like.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions really. It was all extremely basic customer service type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Greenwood Village, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

After applying online, received an invitation to a group interview, where I was only asked two questions in order to be considered for a private interview. The manager indicated only about 50% of applicants make it to the group interview and wished us good luck. I was surprised how quickly I received the interview invitation. The initial hiring process is fast.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was giving detailed answers to the simple questions that carried the weight of my value as a candidate. The two questions were essentially to 1. describe a situation where you assisted a difficult client and 2. describe a time when you went out of your way to provide great customer service.   Answer Question