U.S. Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.6

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Easy interview; informative; I was able to ask lots of questions and all were thoroughly answered; got a good feel for what I would be doing on the job; interview was one-on-one.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview process was very disorganized. HR emailed interview confirmation to the wrong email for both my first and second interview. I was also kept waiting for 15+ minutes before each interview and during the first one especially it was very disorganized and was basically just reiterating information that had already been said over the phone. Very pointless overall and felt like a waste of everyone's time. Most of both interviews involved trying to convince me that US Bank is an amazing place to work and that I should really want to work there. I accepted the job, but my experience during the interview process definitely made me consider turning it down if it would be any indication of what working there would be like.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions really. It was all extremely basic customer service type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2014.

After applying online, received an invitation to a group interview, where I was only asked two questions in order to be considered for a private interview. The manager indicated only about 50% of applicants make it to the group interview and wished us good luck. I was surprised how quickly I received the interview invitation. The initial hiring process is fast.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was giving detailed answers to the simple questions that carried the weight of my value as a candidate. The two questions were essentially to 1. describe a situation where you assisted a difficult client and 2. describe a time when you went out of your way to provide great customer service.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Conducted three face to face interviews. This was with three different managers and three different locations

Interview Questions
    • Very laid back interview process. They want to see if you can strike up a conversation with them and hold it. After the first interview i as asked to log into their web site and apply for the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

Met a district manager at a college career fair and this manager passed my resume to other managers hiring personal bankers.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of them were situation-based questions. Ex) How did you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

The hiring process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter. Pretty basic questions. Next was an in person interview with my supervisor. This was a lot of question answer and tell me about a time you had to do this or were faced with a difficult customer. Next was an interview with the district manager with many of the same questions and a review of my previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your superiors. Not a lot of experience there personally and wasn't sure what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Out of the top 5 financial institutions, U.S. Bank has the most easiest application and interview process. Upper management always seem to hire the applicant with little to no banking experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Behavioral Base Interview Questions. "Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer. How as it handled? What was the outcome?" US Bank has a very high emphasis on customer service. So in these questions be very specific.

Interview Questions
    • If your not meeting the quota after 90 days. Why should we continue to employ you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2012.

I applied for the position via indeed.com and got a call from the branch manager a few days later. It was a for an out of state move so he agreed to do a phone interview with me and when the time came closer to him finishing up interviews he would meet with me in person. He scheduled the interview for a week after the initial phone call. when the time came for the first interview we had a long discussion about what my background was with customer service, banking industry, credit knowledge etc and about how I like do be managed. He seemed very intersted in that topic inparticular. He asked me 3 or 4 times. At the end of the hour long phone interview he told me that he wanted to meet me in person and I was a final candidate.

I scheulded an inperson 2nd interview for 2 weeks after that. I thought things were going well but then the manager started to act kind of squirrley. He forgot that we never set up an interview time and seemed uninterested on the phone the next time I spoke with him to confirm a time. When I went in for the in person interview (I drove 4 hours mind you) he was 40 minutes late and made me feel like he was annoyed that I was there. He repeated almost every question he had asked me on the phone interview and when I answered he gazed out into the lobby or into the parking lot. The kicker though was when he told me straight up that his reason that he was having reservations about hiring me was because i was moving to the area with my boyfriend and "boyfriend and girlfriends break up". This is blatant discrimination based on marital status. Furthermore he proceeded to tell me that his personal views were that one shouldn't live with someone before they were married. I was there for a job interiview..not a moral debate. He also told me that he didnt see himself there very long and didn't care much for his job and the previous person left the position because he was doing a lot of work and not making enough money. Ok thanks for convincing me not to want to work there!

Most of the questions in the interview (both of them) were pretty basic. Name a time when you had to overcome and deal with a difficult customer, how do you handle criticism etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Signal Hill, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Signal Hill, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2012.

Was a pretty basic interview. Was expecting technical questions. The interviewer asked basic questions like tell me about your self,how do you stay organized, and asked also about my experience.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked "name a time where you were able to learn something quickly". Of course this threw me off and my answer was not as fine tuned as it should have been.   Answer Question