U.S. Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newport Coast, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Coast, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2010.

I had to do an imaginary sales call to test out my knowledge. They were desperate for bankers so hired on the spot. The interview was a basic, what experience do you have etc. They wanted to know if you would work weekends etc.

Interview Questions
I said i was 13 instead of 12 and they cooperated.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee  in  Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2014.

After applying online, received an invitation to a group interview, where I was only asked two questions in order to be considered for a private interview. The manager indicated only about 50% of applicants make it to the group interview and wished us good luck. I was surprised how quickly I received the interview invitation. The initial hiring process is fast.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was giving detailed answers to the simple questions that carried the weight of my value as a candidate. The two questions were essentially to 1. describe a situation where you assisted a difficult client and 2. describe a time when you went out of your way to provide great customer service.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview process was very disorganized. HR emailed interview confirmation to the wrong email for both my first and second interview. I was also kept waiting for 15+ minutes before each interview and during the first one especially it was very disorganized and was basically just reiterating information that had already been said over the phone. Very pointless overall and felt like a waste of everyone's time. Most of both interviews involved trying to convince me that US Bank is an amazing place to work and that I should really want to work there. I accepted the job, but my experience during the interview process definitely made me consider turning it down if it would be any indication of what working there would be like.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions really. It was all extremely basic customer service type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

Met a district manager at a college career fair and this manager passed my resume to other managers hiring personal bankers.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of them were situation-based questions. Ex) How did you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

the interviewer was very professional and had a great list of thought provoking questions. Made good use of our time and was positive yet honest when I asked questions on the direction of the organization.

limited

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Conducted three face to face interviews. This was with three different managers and three different locations

Interview Questions
    • Very laid back interview process. They want to see if you can strike up a conversation with them and hold it. After the first interview i as asked to log into their web site and apply for the job.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

The hiring process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter. Pretty basic questions. Next was an in person interview with my supervisor. This was a lot of question answer and tell me about a time you had to do this or were faced with a difficult customer. Next was an interview with the district manager with many of the same questions and a review of my previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your superiors. Not a lot of experience there personally and wasn't sure what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Out of the top 5 financial institutions, U.S. Bank has the most easiest application and interview process. Upper management always seem to hire the applicant with little to no banking experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2012.

I went to a job fare to meet with some recruiters. Us Bank was the most aggressive in getting me into their company. I talked to the HR rep and also went online to apply for the position. They responded within 3 days are so was very nice, had 2 phone interviews and went in for a one on one was hired within a week after. Training was about a month long

Interview Questions
    • 16x24, why us bank? leadership? customer service? sales?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Normal, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2012.

I applied for the position via indeed.com and got a call from the branch manager a few days later. It was a for an out of state move so he agreed to do a phone interview with me and when the time came closer to him finishing up interviews he would meet with me in person. He scheduled the interview for a week after the initial phone call. when the time came for the first interview we had a long discussion about what my background was with customer service, banking industry, credit knowledge etc and about how I like do be managed. He seemed very intersted in that topic inparticular. He asked me 3 or 4 times. At the end of the hour long phone interview he told me that he wanted to meet me in person and I was a final candidate.

I scheulded an inperson 2nd interview for 2 weeks after that. I thought things were going well but then the manager started to act kind of squirrley. He forgot that we never set up an interview time and seemed uninterested on the phone the next time I spoke with him to confirm a time. When I went in for the in person interview (I drove 4 hours mind you) he was 40 minutes late and made me feel like he was annoyed that I was there. He repeated almost every question he had asked me on the phone interview and when I answered he gazed out into the lobby or into the parking lot. The kicker though was when he told me straight up that his reason that he was having reservations about hiring me was because i was moving to the area with my boyfriend and "boyfriend and girlfriends break up". This is blatant discrimination based on marital status. Furthermore he proceeded to tell me that his personal views were that one shouldn't live with someone before they were married. I was there for a job interiview..not a moral debate. He also told me that he didnt see himself there very long and didn't care much for his job and the previous person left the position because he was doing a lot of work and not making enough money. Ok thanks for convincing me not to want to work there!

Most of the questions in the interview (both of them) were pretty basic. Name a time when you had to overcome and deal with a difficult customer, how do you handle criticism etc.

Interview Questions

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!