U.S. Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.6

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2014.

After applying online, received an invitation to a group interview, where I was only asked two questions in order to be considered for a private interview. The manager indicated only about 50% of applicants make it to the group interview and wished us good luck. I was surprised how quickly I received the interview invitation. The initial hiring process is fast.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult part was giving detailed answers to the simple questions that carried the weight of my value as a candidate. The two questions were essentially to 1. describe a situation where you assisted a difficult client and 2. describe a time when you went out of your way to provide great customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Originally applied for a Universal Banker position. I started with phone interview, which went very well. The recruiter asked about my current position and recognitions I had listed on my resume. She recommended that I apply for another position posted about three hours away from where I live (I said I was willing to relocate) as that position seemed like a better fit. I told her my availability for an in person interview and about a week later was contacted by a different recruiter letting me know my interview was the following day. I don't think she realized I had to drive three hours, however the three managers seemed appreciative of the effort I took to make it to the interview. They asked about my accomplishments in my current position as well as how I achieved my goals. There was a lot if role playing, after which they gave instant feedback. I felt the interview went well, however, about months after, I received a generic decline letter for the original Universal Banker position I had posted for.

Interview Questions
    • How would you conduct a cold call to a prospective customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2012.

I applied for the position via indeed.com and got a call from the branch manager a few days later. It was a for an out of state move so he agreed to do a phone interview with me and when the time came closer to him finishing up interviews he would meet with me in person. He scheduled the interview for a week after the initial phone call. when the time came for the first interview we had a long discussion about what my background was with customer service, banking industry, credit knowledge etc and about how I like do be managed. He seemed very intersted in that topic inparticular. He asked me 3 or 4 times. At the end of the hour long phone interview he told me that he wanted to meet me in person and I was a final candidate.

I scheulded an inperson 2nd interview for 2 weeks after that. I thought things were going well but then the manager started to act kind of squirrley. He forgot that we never set up an interview time and seemed uninterested on the phone the next time I spoke with him to confirm a time. When I went in for the in person interview (I drove 4 hours mind you) he was 40 minutes late and made me feel like he was annoyed that I was there. He repeated almost every question he had asked me on the phone interview and when I answered he gazed out into the lobby or into the parking lot. The kicker though was when he told me straight up that his reason that he was having reservations about hiring me was because i was moving to the area with my boyfriend and "boyfriend and girlfriends break up". This is blatant discrimination based on marital status. Furthermore he proceeded to tell me that his personal views were that one shouldn't live with someone before they were married. I was there for a job interiview..not a moral debate. He also told me that he didnt see himself there very long and didn't care much for his job and the previous person left the position because he was doing a lot of work and not making enough money. Ok thanks for convincing me not to want to work there!

Most of the questions in the interview (both of them) were pretty basic. Name a time when you had to overcome and deal with a difficult customer, how do you handle criticism etc.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interviewed with branch manager for 45 minutes. Was asked standard behavioral questions such as "Tell me a time when . . ."
    Interviewed with district manager who basically sold me on the job and told me why/how I would be successful. He was right.

Interview Questions
    • Did not ask for future examples, but concentrated on past performance.   View Answer
    Rough. Over promised on salary and then told me could only offer me the minimum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2012.

I went to a job fare to meet with some recruiters. Us Bank was the most aggressive in getting me into their company. I talked to the HR rep and also went online to apply for the position. They responded within 3 days are so was very nice, had 2 phone interviews and went in for a one on one was hired within a week after. Training was about a month long

Interview Questions
    • 16x24, why us bank? leadership? customer service? sales?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

The hiring process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter. Pretty basic questions. Next was an in person interview with my supervisor. This was a lot of question answer and tell me about a time you had to do this or were faced with a difficult customer. Next was an interview with the district manager with many of the same questions and a review of my previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your superiors. Not a lot of experience there personally and wasn't sure what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

the interviewer was very professional and had a great list of thought provoking questions. Made good use of our time and was positive yet honest when I asked questions on the direction of the organization.

limited

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

Met a district manager at a college career fair and this manager passed my resume to other managers hiring personal bankers.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of them were situation-based questions. Ex) How did you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2010.

There were two people in the interview and each would ask a question after the other. The questions were very standard. What are your strenths, weaknesses, what do you need improvement with. Can you multi task...etc. They didn't sound very team oriented.

Interview Questions

I didn't like the location and I would be working harder and making less than I currently do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2010.

Was called in soon after submitting the online application. I had my first interview, then about a week later had my second interview with my soon to be manager. After that, it took about three or four weeks to hear back, but when I did get a call back I was offered a job.