U.S. Bank

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Syracuse, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – Behavioral Base Interview Questions. "Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer. How as it handled? What was the outcome?" US Bank has a very high emphasis on customer service. So in these questions be very specific.

Interview Question – If your not meeting the quota after 90 days. Why should we continue to employ you?   Answer Question

Taylor Mill, KY

I interviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2010.

Interview Details – Had, one phone interview and one face to face interview with two individuals and started into training the next week.

Interview Question – N\A   Answer Question

Signal Hill, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2012.

Interview Details – Was a pretty basic interview. Was expecting technical questions. The interviewer asked basic questions like tell me about your self,how do you stay organized, and asked also about my experience.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked "name a time where you were able to learn something quickly". Of course this threw me off and my answer was not as fine tuned as it should have been.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Coralville, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview to start. Called back several weeks later for in person interview. Had interview. Several weeks went by, had second round of interviews. Bank manager seemed exhausted with interview process and uninterested. Totally turned me off from wanting to be employee of company.

Interview Question – Do you like more or less supervision?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call. Went in for the interview. General manager was very friendly. Asked me basic questions like tell me about yourself. Talked about my previous jobs and the skills I had. It was a one on one interview. More about just getting to know me. Then got called later for second round of interviews. It was more in depth and the people who interviewed me was the general manager and his colleague. They asked me numerous questions about my weaknesses, strengths, what I would contribute if I got hired. Interview went good. Then had my last interview with district manager and it was fairly easy. Just like my second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – After the last interview I I was given a letter for an offer and I was super happy because it was a great offer I wasn't expecting. Overall it was a long process but was worth the wait! Couldn't be happier.

Albuquerque, NM

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had a great interview, Branch Manager seemed really excited about having me on board and told me she would call me back right away. I placed three followup calls over the course of a month to her assistant and not a single call was returned. Months later I received an email from HR saying the position had been cut.

Interview Question – Very standard questions, When have you have ever had to deal with a dissatisfied customer?   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was looking to relocate to another state so I contacted the district manager and hiring manager for a new branch location. They each scheduled a phone interview which I called in on a conference line and was asked questions for about an hour.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made an exception to policy. What was the reason and the result?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base is set, little room for negotiation in my case, I've heard there is more to negotiate when you are licensed or fluent in other languages.

Laurie, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for a part-time teller position. I received a phone call three days later and we discussed the position. "Manager" told me that she was looking for someone part time, who would stay part time for awhile. She knew I was more interested in a full-time position. She told me to think about it and get back with her. A week later she called me back with information about a new position that will be available soon. We talked about the job duties and she said it sounded like it would be a better fit. We set up an interview.
I literally just got out of my interview.
The interview lasted just over an hour. She was very friendly and professional. The manager had asked me to describe myself, my experiences, and asked deeper into my experiences. She informed me the job is sales oriented and there are bonus' if one meets certain goals. She even answered the questions I was going to ask before I got to them, so make sure you have backup questions to ask the employer!
 The branch seemed very comfortable and 'homey' with chairs, couches, etc. The staff was friendly.
The manager the next step will be another interview with her and the district manager. So I am looking for that soon. It sounds like a place I can see myself working in.

Interview Questions

Yorba Linda, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, took about a month to get the interview set up. Interviewed directly with the branch manager for about one hour. Two weeks went by before I was offered the position.

Interview Question – What makes you a good fit for this postion?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2010.

Interview Details – Was called in soon after submitting the online application. I had my first interview, then about a week later had my second interview with my soon to be manager. After that, it took about three or four weeks to hear back, but when I did get a call back I was offered a job.