U.S. Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2009.

First hone interview by a recruiter about work, sales, and customer service exp. He was very positive about the company and the position. He was going to forward my resume to the hiring manager. I got a call 2 weeks later for an interview with the Manager. Generic questions around sales and customer service. He was going to call in 1 week to update but never did. Instead I got a rejection email.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2009.

I applied online and was scheduled to interview with the Assistant Branch Manager and Branch Manager of the bank. I interviewed with the Assistant Branch Manager for about 35 minutes. The Branch Manager was suppose to join us, but came in and said something had come up and she wasn't able to meet with us. The interview with the Assistant Branch Manager was very relaxed and easy going. I felt more like I was talking to a friend. She basically explained to me the job expectations and the hours. She didn't ask any formal questions. She told me they would schedule another interview with the branch manager.
    So about a week 1/2 later she called me to schedule an interview with the Branch Manager.
    The branch manager was very nice and easy going. Told me the branch had gone through a lot of transition recently. Had some problem employees and asked me what my first impression of those employees were. I found that kind of strange, but I gave my honest opinion. I left feeling very good about the chances of getting the job. But received an email notice two weeks later explaining that I didn't get it, I later found out they didn't hire for the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee who is not performing or who is not being a team player?   Answer Question
    • What didn't you like about working at US Bank before?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

long annoying process that people dont know how to work they take their time and keep you on your feet for an extended amount of time. It takes 3 weeks for them to respond thats if they call you to let you know at all.

Interview Questions
    • nothing stressful, easy questions unnecessary time taking   View Answer
    no negotiating, stupid low pay with horrible benefits

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interviewed with branch manager for 45 minutes. Was asked standard behavioral questions such as "Tell me a time when . . ."
    Interviewed with district manager who basically sold me on the job and told me why/how I would be successful. He was right.

Interview Questions
    • Did not ask for future examples, but concentrated on past performance.   View Answer
    Rough. Over promised on salary and then told me could only offer me the minimum.

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2010.

I interviewed online and was interviewing for a position in Boise while living in CA as I was moving to Boise soon. Because of that, I did only phone interviews. The first was with the Branch Manager and Assistant Manager. The second was with the District Manager. Both interviews were professional but were not too formal. I have found out since being here that they are SUPPOSED to follow a script so that every candidate's interview is the same.

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2010.

I found an openning online, applied and in one week I received a phone call. The interview with the branch manager was very basic and easy. After one week I received the offer.

Interview Questions
    • what type of boss you cannot work with?   View Answer
    did not negotiate

Personal Banker Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

I applied weeks before I got a call for an interview, when I did get the call I was asked to come in for an interview. I met with the branch manager and then not even 24 hours later I got a call to schedule an interview with the district manager. I have that this afternoon, hopefully it goes well.
    They asked very standard questions. They hated on my current position which was the only downside.

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2009.

I walked into the local branch where I wanted to work for. Simple questions...

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2009.

Interview consisted of two panel interviews.

Interview Questions
    • With your current job, how could you apply your experiences to your new role?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2010.

There were two people in the interview and each would ask a question after the other. The questions were very standard. What are your strenths, weaknesses, what do you need improvement with. Can you multi task...etc. They didn't sound very team oriented.

Interview Questions

I didn't like the location and I would be working harder and making less than I currently do.