U.S. Bank

2.6

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2010.

Was called in soon after submitting the online application. I had my first interview, then about a week later had my second interview with my soon to be manager. After that, it took about three or four weeks to hear back, but when I did get a call back I was offered a job.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Coast, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Coast, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2010.

I had to do an imaginary sales call to test out my knowledge. They were desperate for bankers so hired on the spot. The interview was a basic, what experience do you have etc. They wanted to know if you would work weekends etc.

Interview Questions
    I said i was 13 instead of 12 and they cooperated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2009.

First hone interview by a recruiter about work, sales, and customer service exp. He was very positive about the company and the position. He was going to forward my resume to the hiring manager. I got a call 2 weeks later for an interview with the Manager. Generic questions around sales and customer service. He was going to call in 1 week to update but never did. Instead I got a rejection email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorba Linda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorba Linda, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2009.

Applied online, took about a month to get the interview set up. Interviewed directly with the branch manager for about one hour. Two weeks went by before I was offered the position.

Salary was non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2009.

I applied online and was scheduled to interview with the Assistant Branch Manager and Branch Manager of the bank. I interviewed with the Assistant Branch Manager for about 35 minutes. The Branch Manager was suppose to join us, but came in and said something had come up and she wasn't able to meet with us. The interview with the Assistant Branch Manager was very relaxed and easy going. I felt more like I was talking to a friend. She basically explained to me the job expectations and the hours. She didn't ask any formal questions. She told me they would schedule another interview with the branch manager.
    So about a week 1/2 later she called me to schedule an interview with the Branch Manager.
    The branch manager was very nice and easy going. Told me the branch had gone through a lot of transition recently. Had some problem employees and asked me what my first impression of those employees were. I found that kind of strange, but I gave my honest opinion. I left feeling very good about the chances of getting the job. But received an email notice two weeks later explaining that I didn't get it, I later found out they didn't hire for the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee who is not performing or who is not being a team player?   Answer Question
    • What didn't you like about working at US Bank before?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

long annoying process that people dont know how to work they take their time and keep you on your feet for an extended amount of time. It takes 3 weeks for them to respond thats if they call you to let you know at all.

Interview Questions
    • nothing stressful, easy questions unnecessary time taking   View Answer
    no negotiating, stupid low pay with horrible benefits

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interviewed with branch manager for 45 minutes. Was asked standard behavioral questions such as "Tell me a time when . . ."
    Interviewed with district manager who basically sold me on the job and told me why/how I would be successful. He was right.

Interview Questions
    • Did not ask for future examples, but concentrated on past performance.   View Answer
    Rough. Over promised on salary and then told me could only offer me the minimum.

Personal Banker Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

I applied weeks before I got a call for an interview, when I did get the call I was asked to come in for an interview. I met with the branch manager and then not even 24 hours later I got a call to schedule an interview with the district manager. I have that this afternoon, hopefully it goes well.
    They asked very standard questions. They hated on my current position which was the only downside.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2010.

I interviewed online and was interviewing for a position in Boise while living in CA as I was moving to Boise soon. Because of that, I did only phone interviews. The first was with the Branch Manager and Assistant Manager. The second was with the District Manager. Both interviews were professional but were not too formal. I have found out since being here that they are SUPPOSED to follow a script so that every candidate's interview is the same.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2010.

Initially had a phone interview with the branch manager. Chatted about several aspects of my personal life, work life, experience, what I'd bring to U.S. Bank, etc. He then scheduled an in-person interview with me. Interviewed in-person and discussed more aspects of myself as well as the position with U.S. Bank. Scheduled second interview with the lead district manager. They seemed to like short, to the point answers and did have an interview guide. Both were very welcoming and made the interview comfortable. Received phone offer later in the week and accepted offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you had to give a peer critical feedback. How did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • What was a time you had to solve a problem for a dissatisfied customer. What did you do and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    Corporate office called me one day to discuss salary and I accepted the offer. They then called the next day and offered more. Of course, I acepted.