U.S. Bank Software Developer Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Denver, CO).

Interview

2 phone screens. The first was with the hiring manager, the second with the lead dev. 2 in person interviews. The first was with the manager just to solidify the opportunity and expectations, the second was a tech interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for the first round of phone interview. After few days I was contacted for a phone interview. It was half an hour interview. I was asked questions regarding my resume. Overall interview was pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• 1. How does transient keyword affect in serialization. 2. Difference between Stringbuilder and Stringbuffer 3. Difference between BeanFactory and Application Context 4. Difference between inner join and outer join. 5. What is database normalization 6. How to implement multithreading in java 7. Difference between final, finally and finalize. 8. Can we implement finally without catch statement. 9. How does ClassLoader work in Java 10. Spring MVC 11. Explain MVC design pattern 12. Concurrency in Java   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. I applied for the job off the US Bank website and received a call about a week and a half later. Phone interview was with HR -- very professional, he just talked about my skills and my career goals. A week later, the hiring manager contacted me to set up an face to face interview. I was disappointed that they couldn't get me in for a face to face interview for another 3 weeks, due to their schedule. 1:1 interview consisted of meeting with the hiring manager, then two other developers, and the director of the group. The interview was probably the easiest interview I've ever had -- which translates into, they didn't ask me dumb, cliched questions. The questions they asked me related directly to my skills and the position--I was quite impressed. No "What are your greatest weaknesses" or "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" garbage. Because the interview wasn't riddled with cliches, I was relaxed and the interview went great. HR reps and hiring managers should take a clue from these guys! Post-interview follow up went QUICK. Again, I was VERY impressed. I interviewed on a Wednesday and had the offer on Friday.

Negotiation

No room to negotiate. But that's fine, they offered me a lot more than what I was making at my previous employer.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2010.

Interview

Applied for a position on the company web site. Was contacted a week later by HR to schedule a face-to-face interview. HR was pleasant and only asked me a few questions such as "Are you still available?" and told me a little bit about the company. To my surprise they wanted an interview in the next few days. I was not working at the time so it was not a problem. I actually got lost on the way to the interview and showed up late! This is usually a candidate killer but the hiring manager and his boss were sympathetic when I explained what happened and still made time for the interview. The position was highly technical but I was not asked the usual BS questions about frameworks and OOP. They did ask me some simple programmer questions, but the majority of the interview was a personality test. This organization seems to be very careful about the people they hire and I have to say this gave me a really good impression of the bank right away. What I was told later is that they would rather have a great personality on the team than an odd ball even if the developer's skills were top-notch. I had a message on my phone with an offer the NEXT day after the 1:1. My start date had to be almost 3 weeks out due to the bank's scheduling but that was fine.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you thought a developer on your team was obstructing the team's goals?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with developers on your team who do not speak English as a first language?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an unhappy client?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations on salary and benefits were not allowed. Take it or leave it type of thing.