U.S. Bank Teller I Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Lewiston, ID).

Interview

Applied online, was called roughly 1 week later for an in-person interview. The interviewers were the Branch Manager and Assistant manager. Both were nice and cheerful. Interview went well, but due to lack of banking experience I was denied the position. I recommend that anyone with customer service experience go for a job like this as it is what banking largely entails at this level.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying at US Bank?
    What most interests you about banking?
    Name a time when you disagreed or were displeased with a management policy at your last job.
    More behavioral questions... dealing with irate customers, etc.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank (West Hollywood, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was called into a group interview and they emailed us a few questions to prepare with.
    The interview started late, talking to the other 2 being interviewed, theh had applied weeks ago, so my fast turnaround of 3 days was more so a luck thing and i didnt have to wait. They asked a ton of questions and it felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over these other candidates? (In a group interview)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with two different branches set up, however only went to one as they called me the next day with a job offer. Takes about two weeks to hear back "they said". It took a while before I could start even though I said I was available immediately, and then the first week is always dedicated to computer module training to prepare for teller school, for every new employee

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

It was honestly the best interview I have gone to. It was basically a conversation about myself and about what I can offer to the company. I remember speaking to the Assistant Manager and the Teller Coordinator. They asked me numerous questions about past experiences.

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2014.

Interview

Was called about one week after I applied for the position and set up an interview for about a week after that. The interview was fairly simple. It was just me and two interviewers. They asked me just some general questions such as why I was interested in the position, how I heard about it, what relative work experience do I have, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how you approached the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

At the interview that asked me regarding about my work experiences and my backgrounds. Which was plain and simple. At the end of the day this has lead up to a completely disappointment.

Interview Questions

• Questions that puts me on a spot, What has motivated you to excel you past or current role, and Why should we hire you.   1 Answer

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and two weeks later I received a phone to schedule an interview. Two days later I had an interview with the district manager. It was a very pleasant experience. After talking for 45 minutes to the district manager, he introduced me to the operational manager. She asked me some additional questions. And 30 minutes later I was out. I had a very good feeling about it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negatiation. I received a phone call from HR department. She asked if I was still interested. Explained me the salary and benefits and then asked me if I wanted to accept the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank (West Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was extremely relaxing and comfortable. Took two round in person interview with both the teller/personal banker manager and the general manager. Both of them were really nice to me. Asked general questions relating to sales industry and your past working experiences, personalities and so on. Got phone call for second interview right after stepped out the branch, and got hired 5 mins right after interviewed with the branch manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Tigard, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was typical. Filled out an extensive application and cash handling/math test before being contacted. Went through a phone interview and 2 in person with positive response. Never even contacted me or returned my follow up communication to let me know if I got the job after technically 3 interviews. Thought that was a bit surprising, until it happened a second time at another location. Not a good sign of the management.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. Several questions regarding your honesty or theoretical situations that evaluate your honesty (I'm sure related to cash handling).   1 Answer

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Focus on customer service, give examples of sales/up sales. Be up beat and smile. Don't forget to Google U.S. bank and find out information about them.