U.S. Bank

2.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2011.

It was a simple process. I had two interviews, one with the assisstant manager and then with the manager. There is a huge focus on integrity and honesty which I liked. They like seeing that you have a lot of experience handling money. It is also useful if you know another language. They like seeing customer service experience It was also a very informal process which allowed you to feel at ease and get to know the management a little bit better.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Teller I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Applied online, didn't hear back immediately but when I did I met with the district manager who loved me so much pretty much offered the job on spot.

Interview Questions
    • If U.S. Bank offered me the job what could I offer them?   Answer Question

The pay was what I already making

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2011.

I applied online. Within a day they had called me for a interview, called my references, and called all of my past employers for a review.The interview was straight forward with no surprise questions. Lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    When can you start? Here is how much we are going to pay you. There was no room for negotiation on the pay scale.

Teller I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Focus on customer service, give examples of sales/up sales. Be up beat and smile. Don't forget to Google U.S. bank and find out information about them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2010.

Arrive early and in professional attire (tie, slacks). Interview was relaxed, and involved discussing prior experience, strengths and weaknesses. They were looking for competence and an ability to be friendly and outgoing.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness. (cliche interview question)   View Answer
    Offer was made with entry level hourly wage. Went over availability to work (hours and days)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2014.

At the interview that asked me regarding about my work experiences and my backgrounds. Which was plain and simple. At the end of the day this has lead up to a completely disappointment.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that puts me on a spot, What has motivated you to excel you past or current role, and Why should we hire you.   View Answer

Teller I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2013.

Submitted application online and was went secondary online assessment... Was called probably a week later by a branch manager and set up an interview... they set up a second interview with the assistant manager and the teller coordinator. Was called again about two weeks later with an offer. Then I had to get fingerprinted and as soon as the prints were received I started training.

Interview Questions
    • They asked alot about customer service in my past jobs. A question that really surprised me was "name a time when you failed at providing great customer service"   View Answer
    I was used to being paid minimum wage, so when she offered me $10 an hour, I was ecstatic.. I was initially hired at part time so I was happy.. No negotiation was attempted but $10 an hour at 35 hours a week isnt very good! You could probably negotiate with them if you tried. I didnt.

Teller I Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2012.

The branch manager and the hiring manager were incredibly nice. Most of the interview was just talking about your previous jobs and figuring out how those skills could be applied to the new job. Overall my interview was about 45 min long. Definitely a positive experience. They asked some tough questions but if you can think quickly you will be fine. They explain all the benefits, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    Accepted the full time package as it was. no negotiation needed.

Teller I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2014.

Was called about one week after I applied for the position and set up an interview for about a week after that. The interview was fairly simple. It was just me and two interviewers. They asked me just some general questions such as why I was interested in the position, how I heard about it, what relative work experience do I have, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how you approached the situation.   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2014.

I applied online and two weeks later I received a phone to schedule an interview. Two days later I had an interview with the district manager. It was a very pleasant experience. After talking for 45 minutes to the district manager, he introduced me to the operational manager. She asked me some additional questions. And 30 minutes later I was out. I had a very good feeling about it

Interview Questions
    No negatiation. I received a phone call from HR department. She asked if I was still interested. Explained me the salary and benefits and then asked me if I wanted to accept the offer.