U.S. Bank Teller I Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Rexburg, ID) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a simple process. I had two interviews, one with the assisstant manager and then with the manager. There is a huge focus on integrity and honesty which I liked. They like seeing that you have a lot of experience handling money. It is also useful if you know another language. They like seeing customer service experience It was also a very informal process which allowed you to feel at ease and get to know the management a little bit better.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Applied online, didn't hear back immediately but when I did I met with the district manager who loved me so much pretty much offered the job on spot.

Interview Questions

• If U.S. Bank offered me the job what could I offer them?   Answer Question

The pay was what I already making

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online and was went secondary online assessment... Was called probably a week later by a branch manager and set up an interview... they set up a second interview with the assistant manager and the teller coordinator. Was called again about two weeks later with an offer. Then I had to get fingerprinted and as soon as the prints were received I started training.

Interview Questions

• They asked alot about customer service in my past jobs. A question that really surprised me was "name a time when you failed at providing great customer service"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was used to being paid minimum wage, so when she offered me $10 an hour, I was ecstatic.. I was initially hired at part time so I was happy.. No negotiation was attempted but $10 an hour at 35 hours a week isnt very good! You could probably negotiate with them if you tried. I didnt.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The Interview Process took approximately a month from the time I applied, got the interview, background check, etc. I can't remember where I found the job posting, but I applied for it through a job search engine. I got a call from the branch to schedule an interview that same week. I went in for the interview, and it took about 30 minutes all the way through. The manager made it clear that customer service is key to a role as a teller. I made sure to use their names at least three times in the interview. Once when I met and shook their hand, casually during my interview (when I could), and when I thanked them for the opportunity as I was leaving. It was overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives your friends and family would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

At the interview that asked me regarding about my work experiences and my backgrounds. Which was plain and simple. At the end of the day this has lead up to a completely disappointment.

Interview Questions

• Questions that puts me on a spot, What has motivated you to excel you past or current role, and Why should we hire you.   1 Answer

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Focus on customer service, give examples of sales/up sales. Be up beat and smile. Don't forget to Google U.S. bank and find out information about them.

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Davis, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Arrive early and in professional attire (tie, slacks). Interview was relaxed, and involved discussing prior experience, strengths and weaknesses. They were looking for competence and an ability to be friendly and outgoing.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness. (cliche interview question)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was made with entry level hourly wage. Went over availability to work (hours and days)

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Boise, ID) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Within a day they had called me for a interview, called my references, and called all of my past employers for a review.The interview was straight forward with no surprise questions. Lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have been discriminated against.   2 Answers

Negotiation

When can you start? Here is how much we are going to pay you. There was no room for negotiation on the pay scale.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Tigard, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was typical. Filled out an extensive application and cash handling/math test before being contacted. Went through a phone interview and 2 in person with positive response. Never even contacted me or returned my follow up communication to let me know if I got the job after technically 3 interviews. Thought that was a bit surprising, until it happened a second time at another location. Not a good sign of the management.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. Several questions regarding your honesty or theoretical situations that evaluate your honesty (I'm sure related to cash handling).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Lewiston, ID).

Interview

Applied online, was called roughly 1 week later for an in-person interview. The interviewers were the Branch Manager and Assistant manager. Both were nice and cheerful. Interview went well, but due to lack of banking experience I was denied the position. I recommend that anyone with customer service experience go for a job like this as it is what banking largely entails at this level.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying at US Bank? What most interests you about banking? Name a time when you disagreed or were displeased with a management policy at your last job. More behavioral questions... dealing with irate customers, etc.   Answer Question