U.S. Bank

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Rexburg, ID

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was a simple process. I had two interviews, one with the assisstant manager and then with the manager. There is a huge focus on integrity and honesty which I liked. They like seeing that you have a lot of experience handling money. It is also useful if you know another language. They like seeing customer service experience It was also a very informal process which allowed you to feel at ease and get to know the management a little bit better.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Teller I

I applied online and interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – Applied online, didn't hear back immediately but when I did I met with the district manager who loved me so much pretty much offered the job on spot.

Interview Question – If U.S. Bank offered me the job what could I offer them?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was what I already making

Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. Within a day they had called me for a interview, called my references, and called all of my past employers for a review.The interview was straight forward with no surprise questions. Lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Question – Name a time you have been discriminated against.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When can you start? Here is how much we are going to pay you. There was no room for negotiation on the pay scale.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teller I

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – Focus on customer service, give examples of sales/up sales. Be up beat and smile. Don't forget to Google U.S. bank and find out information about them.

Davis, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2010.

Interview Details – Arrive early and in professional attire (tie, slacks). Interview was relaxed, and involved discussing prior experience, strengths and weaknesses. They were looking for competence and an ability to be friendly and outgoing.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness. (cliche interview question)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was made with entry level hourly wage. Went over availability to work (hours and days)

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2014.

Interview Details – At the interview that asked me regarding about my work experiences and my backgrounds. Which was plain and simple. At the end of the day this has lead up to a completely disappointment.

Interview Question – Questions that puts me on a spot, What has motivated you to excel you past or current role, and Why should we hire you.   View Answer

Teller I

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2012.

Interview Details – The branch manager and the hiring manager were incredibly nice. Most of the interview was just talking about your previous jobs and figuring out how those skills could be applied to the new job. Overall my interview was about 45 min long. Definitely a positive experience. They asked some tough questions but if you can think quickly you will be fine. They explain all the benefits, etc.

Interview Question – Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted the full time package as it was. no negotiation needed.

Teller I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was called about one week after I applied for the position and set up an interview for about a week after that. The interview was fairly simple. It was just me and two interviewers. They asked me just some general questions such as why I was interested in the position, how I heard about it, what relative work experience do I have, etc.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how you approached the situation.   Answer Question

Teller I

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and two weeks later I received a phone to schedule an interview. Two days later I had an interview with the district manager. It was a very pleasant experience. After talking for 45 minutes to the district manager, he introduced me to the operational manager. She asked me some additional questions. And 30 minutes later I was out. I had a very good feeling about it

Interview Question – Why banking and why U.S. Bank?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negatiation. I received a phone call from HR department. She asked if I was still interested. Explained me the salary and benefits and then asked me if I wanted to accept the offer.

Very Easy Interview

West Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was extremely relaxing and comfortable. Took two round in person interview with both the teller/personal banker manager and the general manager. Both of them were really nice to me. Asked general questions relating to sales industry and your past working experiences, personalities and so on. Got phone call for second interview right after stepped out the branch, and got hired 5 mins right after interviewed with the branch manager.

Interview Question – Nothing is really difficult at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!