U.S. Bank Teller I Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I met with the branch manager. We talked for about thirty minutes. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral interview questions with a brief at of questions regarding my work experience. After the end of the interview I received a call that I had been accepted and I needed to be fingerprinted an take a drug test. I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above an beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Called in for a face to face interview after applying online. Was interviewed by the manager and assistant bank manager. They liked me and asked to work for them but had an interview later that day with the District Manager. Was a cake walk.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked for a higher Salary when I was called confirming I wanted the job since I was a college graduate with a business degree and needed more money for loans.

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Tigard, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was typical. Filled out an extensive application and cash handling/math test before being contacted. Went through a phone interview and 2 in person with positive response. Never even contacted me or returned my follow up communication to let me know if I got the job after technically 3 interviews. Thought that was a bit surprising, until it happened a second time at another location. Not a good sign of the management.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. Several questions regarding your honesty or theoretical situations that evaluate your honesty (I'm sure related to cash handling).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Lewiston, ID).

Interview

Applied online, was called roughly 1 week later for an in-person interview. The interviewers were the Branch Manager and Assistant manager. Both were nice and cheerful. Interview went well, but due to lack of banking experience I was denied the position. I recommend that anyone with customer service experience go for a job like this as it is what banking largely entails at this level.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying at US Bank? What most interests you about banking? Name a time when you disagreed or were displeased with a management policy at your last job. More behavioral questions... dealing with irate customers, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The Interview Process took approximately a month from the time I applied, got the interview, background check, etc. I can't remember where I found the job posting, but I applied for it through a job search engine. I got a call from the branch to schedule an interview that same week. I went in for the interview, and it took about 30 minutes all the way through. The manager made it clear that customer service is key to a role as a teller. I made sure to use their names at least three times in the interview. Once when I met and shook their hand, casually during my interview (when I could), and when I thanked them for the opportunity as I was leaving. It was overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives your friends and family would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with two different branches set up, however only went to one as they called me the next day with a job offer. Takes about two weeks to hear back "they said". It took a while before I could start even though I said I was available immediately, and then the first week is always dedicated to computer module training to prepare for teller school, for every new employee

Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank (West Hollywood, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was called into a group interview and they emailed us a few questions to prepare with. The interview started late, talking to the other 2 being interviewed, theh had applied weeks ago, so my fast turnaround of 3 days was more so a luck thing and i didnt have to wait. They asked a ton of questions and it felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over these other candidates? (In a group interview)   1 Answer

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2011.

Interview

My interviewing process was very professional. Depending on how good your interview was with the first person whether it was HR or branch management sometimes, you could skip on middle man and go to the next interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had a difficult customer. How did you handle that situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did no negotiations because I thought that it would jeopardize my job prospects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Quick and easy . Email you step by step. Took less than a month. Was offered a different position than what I had applied to because of my banking and retail experience .

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a upset customer ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked for a higher pay and they agreed because of my experience

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2013.

Interview

Hiring/interview process was really easy and hiring management was very personable. Able to discuss family matters, scheduling conflicts, orientation was very helpful. And the teller school made it super easy for someone like me didn't have any experience to make everyday decisions and transactions simpler.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember the questions asked during interview process. There were some questions that were harder to answer but I can't think of what they were.   Answer Question