U.S. Bank Teller I Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.0

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The Interview Process took approximately a month from the time I applied, got the interview, background check, etc. I can't remember where I found the job posting, but I applied for it through a job search engine. I got a call from the branch to schedule an interview that same week. I went in for the interview, and it took about 30 minutes all the way through. The manager made it clear that customer service is key to a role as a teller. I made sure to use their names at least three times in the interview. Once when I met and shook their hand, casually during my interview (when I could), and when I thanked them for the opportunity as I was leaving. It was overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives your friends and family would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with two different branches set up, however only went to one as they called me the next day with a job offer. Takes about two weeks to hear back "they said". It took a while before I could start even though I said I was available immediately, and then the first week is always dedicated to computer module training to prepare for teller school, for every new employee

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank (West Hollywood, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was called into a group interview and they emailed us a few questions to prepare with.
    The interview started late, talking to the other 2 being interviewed, theh had applied weeks ago, so my fast turnaround of 3 days was more so a luck thing and i didnt have to wait. They asked a ton of questions and it felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over these other candidates? (In a group interview)   1 Answer

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2011.

Interview

My interviewing process was very professional. Depending on how good your interview was with the first person whether it was HR or branch management sometimes, you could skip on middle man and go to the next interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had a difficult customer. How did you handle that situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did no negotiations because I thought that it would jeopardize my job prospects.

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Quick and easy . Email you step by step. Took less than a month. Was offered a different position than what I had applied to because of my banking and retail experience .

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a upset customer ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked for a higher pay and they agreed because of my experience

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2013.

Interview

Hiring/interview process was really easy and hiring management was very personable. Able to discuss family matters, scheduling conflicts, orientation was very helpful. And the teller school made it super easy for someone like me didn't have any experience to make everyday decisions and transactions simpler.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember the questions asked during interview process. There were some questions that were harder to answer but I can't think of what they were.   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online and was went secondary online assessment... Was called probably a week later by a branch manager and set up an interview... they set up a second interview with the assistant manager and the teller coordinator. Was called again about two weeks later with an offer. Then I had to get fingerprinted and as soon as the prints were received I started training.

Interview Questions

• They asked alot about customer service in my past jobs. A question that really surprised me was "name a time when you failed at providing great customer service"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was used to being paid minimum wage, so when she offered me $10 an hour, I was ecstatic.. I was initially hired at part time so I was happy.. No negotiation was attempted but $10 an hour at 35 hours a week isnt very good! You could probably negotiate with them if you tried. I didnt.

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

At the interview that asked me regarding about my work experiences and my backgrounds. Which was plain and simple. At the end of the day this has lead up to a completely disappointment.

Interview Questions

• Questions that puts me on a spot, What has motivated you to excel you past or current role, and Why should we hire you.   1 Answer

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2014.

Interview

Was called about one week after I applied for the position and set up an interview for about a week after that. The interview was fairly simple. It was just me and two interviewers. They asked me just some general questions such as why I was interested in the position, how I heard about it, what relative work experience do I have, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how you approached the situation.   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

It was honestly the best interview I have gone to. It was basically a conversation about myself and about what I can offer to the company. I remember speaking to the Assistant Manager and the Teller Coordinator. They asked me numerous questions about past experiences.