U.S. Bank

Average Difficulty
38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews and they were pretty easy. Had the branch manager ask questions as an assistant observed and wrote down answers. Basic questions were asked and a few on my sales skills asking me to sell them a pen because they wanted to see how I would make a referral.

Interview Question – Try to sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Medina, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted a few days after applying, and given a basic phone interview. They asked why I wanted to work for US Bank and what I knew about them. Then, they asked about me & my work experience and set me up with an on-location interview. I feel like the manager who interviewed me was just very socially awkward. She criticized my previous job & the products I worked with, and then told me some stories about her personal life that weren't really warranted based on the conversation.

Interview Question – I was asked a lot of questions about my previous position, and STAR questions ("Name a time when...").   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – You had a group interview where they asked you a series of questions. If they liked you they called you back. The group interview was awkward, I like one on one. I did not like the fact I felt like I was competing with someone right there. The managers who I interviewed with were great!

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were the ones where they would re word the question and you would have to think of a new answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Vista, CA

I applied online - interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2013.

Interview Details – You'll be asked mainly about customer service opportunities that you've had in the past and how you've dealt with each situation. You will also be asked about how well you do in sales.

Interview Question – Give a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and made the situation better.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

Interviewed at U.S. Bank

Interview Details – Honesty but not over sharing

Interview Question – are you over qualified?   Answer Question

Duluth, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial interview was held in the branch location that was being applied for with an HR official and head of tellers. The follow-up interview was also at the branch location but led by the branch manager.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview was when they said:

"Tell me two times you were satisfied with a purchase and why."
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a straight forward entry position without negotiation.

Citrus Heights, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2013.

Interview Details – i had my first interview in January of 2013. i was not hired because they hired internally. the manager promised to call me if they had another opening. i was checking for opening almost every day. as soon as i saw an open position for the specific branch, which was in May, i applied, and the manager called me the next day. i knew she remembered me because she pronounced my name correct! thats a big deal. we set up an interview for the next day. and the morning after that she called me and offered me the job.

Interview Question – i didnt really have any difficult questions.. :)   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

Interview Details – Gon Interviewd by the Lead Teller and the Assistant Manager, went fairly smooth. They asked me about my customer service experience, cash handleling experience, and sales experience.

Interview Question – Probably the sales questions, I had no experience in sales at the time, but to me it was pretty self explanatory   Answer Question

Interviewed at U.S. Bank

Interview Details – Asked questions about your resume of course. And they had a questionnaire and asked questions from it, very basic interview questions. Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it, a time when you had to pay attention to detail, how would you deal with a coworker that you didn't like, etc.

Interview Question – Name a time when the customer wanted/asked for something and you know that they deserve it but you know the manager would say no. What did you do? Or how would you handle a situation like that.   View Answer

Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two people at first then instantly met the branch manager after the first interview. It was basic interview questions. They were very nice and helpful.The interview lasted about an hour. I made personal connections which they liked. They want to know a lot about you personally so be descriptive.

Interview Question – Share a time when a customer was unhappy. What did you do about it ?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Bank

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

U.S. Bank Videos

U.S. Bank – Why Work for Us?

About U.S. Bank You're considering a career with one of the most admired, reputable and strongest banks in the United States. By focusing on integrity, putting customers first and continually innovating, we're… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank Teller interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees and interview candidates.