U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.5

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I received a call a few days after applying online. The interview was scheduled for the next day. They primarily asked behavioral interview questions where you must explain how your past experience is relevant to the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was contacted by the branch manager. The interview was short. I was asked questions about previous customer service experience and cash handling. Right after interviewing with the branch manager, I had to speak with the customer service manager (back-up branch manager).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. In fact, the branch manager let me know up front that the pay would be $10. I accepted because I was unemployed.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

First a phone interview asking basic questions and then an Interview with branch assistant manager, then branch manager asking about specific times you went above an beyond. After a couple of weeks you are made an offer from corporate.

Interview Questions

• Not really a difficult interview as long as you have a handful of examples to reference regarding sales, customer experience, and your passions in life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered on the high side.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

the interview process is the same as others, you apply online, I got a call about a month later. I went in for an interview at a branch, then after that I had to go to a group interview at another branch with 5 other people there. The interview was with the district manager and another branch manager. The interview was not much of an interview, they just ask the same questions like, "why do you want to work US bank, what will you bring?" after that they just went over how it is to work for the bank. After that the district manager told us that if we really wanted the job, that we had to make it happen. (i think it was to test who would be good at reaching out to people for future sales calls) Basically we had to call our manager that we had the first interview with and persuade them that we are the fit for the job. After i talked to that manager, I had let her know i was going to go on vacation the next week just in case they call for an offer. She was okay with it, and two weeks later i got the offer call and started working a week later.

As for the hiring process, your very first day they make you go to an orientation meeting at the main branch, which was downtown, then you do training on the computer before you get on the teller line. For me the training took a week. It was test after test after test. Overall the interview was pretty easy just be confident and smile.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I had cash handling experience but no teller experience, but if you do i would negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied for a bank teller position at US Bank and the processes took 1 week and I had an interview. The interview was easy 1:1 and he said that I will have 2 more interviews. The person who interviewed me was very nice and positive.After interview I wait 2 weeks and they didn't call me back. I call them and they said that they hire another person.

Interview Questions

• The question was easy about your previous jobs and duties and he ask me about what salary I would like to have.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Had 2 interviews and they were pretty easy. Had the branch manager ask questions as an assistant observed and wrote down answers. Basic questions were asked and a few on my sales skills asking me to sell them a pen because they wanted to see how I would make a referral.

Teller Interview

Interview

Honesty but not over sharing

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Medina, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted a few days after applying, and given a basic phone interview. They asked why I wanted to work for US Bank and what I knew about them. Then, they asked about me & my work experience and set me up with an on-location interview. I feel like the manager who interviewed me was just very socially awkward. She criticized my previous job & the products I worked with, and then told me some stories about her personal life that weren't really warranted based on the conversation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of questions about my previous position, and STAR questions ("Name a time when...").   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Orem, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I was later called for a in-person interview where they asked me about my accomplishments, what I was expecting from the job, and if I would be ok with the demands of the position. Very comfortable and straightforward. Usually the a teller would have a 1:1 interview and then would be asked to come back to a group interview at the district office. Because they felt comfortable with me after one interview I did not participate. Two other girls who were hired at the same time said it was easy and they didn't feel a lot of pressure. More of an extra introduction into the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Duluth, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was held in the branch location that was being applied for with an HR official and head of tellers. The follow-up interview was also at the branch location but led by the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was when they said:

"Tell me two times you were satisfied with a purchase and why."

1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a straight forward entry position without negotiation.