U.S. Bank

Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.5

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

the interview process is the same as others, you apply online, I got a call about a month later. I went in for an interview at a branch, then after that I had to go to a group interview at another branch with 5 other people there. The interview was with the district manager and another branch manager. The interview was not much of an interview, they just ask the same questions like, "why do you want to work US bank, what will you bring?" after that they just went over how it is to work for the bank. After that the district manager told us that if we really wanted the job, that we had to make it happen. (i think it was to test who would be good at reaching out to people for future sales calls) Basically we had to call our manager that we had the first interview with and persuade them that we are the fit for the job. After i talked to that manager, I had let her know i was going to go on vacation the next week just in case they call for an offer. She was okay with it, and two weeks later i got the offer call and started working a week later.

As for the hiring process, your very first day they make you go to an orientation meeting at the main branch, which was downtown, then you do training on the computer before you get on the teller line. For me the training took a week. It was test after test after test. Overall the interview was pretty easy just be confident and smile.

Interview Questions
I did not negotiate, I had cash handling experience but no teller experience, but if you do i would negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

I applied for a bank teller position at US Bank and the processes took 1 week and I had an interview. The interview was easy 1:1 and he said that I will have 2 more interviews. The person who interviewed me was very nice and positive.After interview I wait 2 weeks and they didn't call me back. I call them and they said that they hire another person.

Interview Questions
    • The question was easy about your previous jobs and duties and he ask me about what salary I would like to have.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Had 2 interviews and they were pretty easy. Had the branch manager ask questions as an assistant observed and wrote down answers. Basic questions were asked and a few on my sales skills asking me to sell them a pen because they wanted to see how I would make a referral.

Teller Interview

Honesty but not over sharing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2014.

I was contacted a few days after applying, and given a basic phone interview. They asked why I wanted to work for US Bank and what I knew about them. Then, they asked about me & my work experience and set me up with an on-location interview. I feel like the manager who interviewed me was just very socially awkward. She criticized my previous job & the products I worked with, and then told me some stories about her personal life that weren't really warranted based on the conversation.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot of questions about my previous position, and STAR questions ("Name a time when...").   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2014.

Initial interview was held in the branch location that was being applied for with an HR official and head of tellers. The follow-up interview was also at the branch location but led by the branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview was when they said:

"Tell me two times you were satisfied with a purchase and why."

View Answer
    It was a straight forward entry position without negotiation.

Teller Interview

Asked questions about your resume of course. And they had a questionnaire and asked questions from it, very basic interview questions. Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it, a time when you had to pay attention to detail, how would you deal with a coworker that you didn't like, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when the customer wanted/asked for something and you know that they deserve it but you know the manager would say no. What did you do? Or how would you handle a situation like that.   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

It was one interview with 2 people. They asked me my time frame of when I wanted to start the job and then told me at the end of the interview they weren't actually hiring at that time.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of difficult questions, like different scenarios and personal questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2013.

You had a group interview where they asked you a series of questions. If they liked you they called you back. The group interview was awkward, I like one on one. I did not like the fact I felt like I was competing with someone right there. The managers who I interviewed with were great!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were the ones where they would re word the question and you would have to think of a new answer.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2013.

I interviewed with two people at first then instantly met the branch manager after the first interview. It was basic interview questions. They were very nice and helpful.The interview lasted about an hour. I made personal connections which they liked. They want to know a lot about you personally so be descriptive.

Interview Questions
    • Share a time when a customer was unhappy. What did you do about it ?   View Answer