U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Clarksville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call within a week for an in branch interview with the manager. She was very polite and professional but not intimidating. It was an easy interview as she went back & forth between her own personal questions and the question the company asks, if you have experience in banking or at least customer service you should be able to answer the questions fine.

Interview Questions

• Biggest accomplishment Time you had a conflict with supervisor, how'd you handle it? Time you gave BAD customer service, what did you do, how'd you fix it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Hamilton, OH).

Interview

I filled out an application. I was called for an interview and tests. I had another interview, and I was hired. The interviewer was very kind, and I believe she knew that I was very nervous. She made me feel at ease. I was told in the second interview that I had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Great, I was contacted in a timely manner and the managers who interviewed me were interesting in my past. There were multiple interviews, but the process was not to complicated.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

It was fine. Normal interview. Walked me through and gave me details of the job. I saw and met a lot of people. The overall interview took a half hour. It was vey easy going.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I received a call a few days after applying online. The interview was scheduled for the next day. They primarily asked behavioral interview questions where you must explain how your past experience is relevant to the position you are applying for.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was contacted by the branch manager. The interview was short. I was asked questions about previous customer service experience and cash handling. Right after interviewing with the branch manager, I had to speak with the customer service manager (back-up branch manager).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. In fact, the branch manager let me know up front that the pay would be $10. I accepted because I was unemployed.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

First a phone interview asking basic questions and then an Interview with branch assistant manager, then branch manager asking about specific times you went above an beyond. After a couple of weeks you are made an offer from corporate.

Interview Questions

• Not really a difficult interview as long as you have a handful of examples to reference regarding sales, customer experience, and your passions in life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered on the high side.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

the interview process is the same as others, you apply online, I got a call about a month later. I went in for an interview at a branch, then after that I had to go to a group interview at another branch with 5 other people there. The interview was with the district manager and another branch manager. The interview was not much of an interview, they just ask the same questions like, "why do you want to work US bank, what will you bring?" after that they just went over how it is to work for the bank. After that the district manager told us that if we really wanted the job, that we had to make it happen. (i think it was to test who would be good at reaching out to people for future sales calls) Basically we had to call our manager that we had the first interview with and persuade them that we are the fit for the job. After i talked to that manager, I had let her know i was going to go on vacation the next week just in case they call for an offer. She was okay with it, and two weeks later i got the offer call and started working a week later. As for the hiring process, your very first day they make you go to an orientation meeting at the main branch, which was downtown, then you do training on the computer before you get on the teller line. For me the training took a week. It was test after test after test. Overall the interview was pretty easy just be confident and smile.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I had cash handling experience but no teller experience, but if you do i would negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Joplin, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

seemed like a relaxed place when I went in for the interview. she just asked me basic questions and acted like I would really fit in with the environment. What I think really made the difference was a couple days after the interview I went beck into the branch and gave her a card thanking her for taking the time to consider me for the position.

Interview Questions

• just the basic questions like.. what do you want to work for US Bank?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Vacaville, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I turned in an application online and followed up a week later and got a call back for a group interview. Then I had a second one on one interview. I didn't get the job but then a month later another position opened up online and I applied again and left a message saying I reapplied and they called back the next day and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes because I'm bilingual