U.S. Bank

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Vista, CA

I applied online - interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2013.

Interview Details – You'll be asked mainly about customer service opportunities that you've had in the past and how you've dealt with each situation. You will also be asked about how well you do in sales.

Interview Question – Give a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and made the situation better.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

Teller

The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2009.

Interview Details – Met at a job fair. Applied online and setup the interview. Actually interviewed with HR, a branch manager, and district manager in the same day. Offered me the job couple days later.

Interview Question – They always ask "behavioral" questions. Google it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating room. Good benefits though so I guess it makes up for it.

Teller

The process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

Interview Details – Standard interview. They asked me to participate in a sales scenario.

Interview Question – How would you sell this object   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was called shortly after submitting my resume online. The first interview was with the branch's assistant manager and the teller supervisor. Typical past history and scenario questions. In hindsight, they seemed as nervous as I was. They recommended their top picks to the branch manger, and those picks ended up being me and another candidate. I interviewed with the manager, who asked more typical, thought-provoking questions. Immediately after the other candidate's interview I was called and told they went with the other candidate.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the branch manager about a week later to come to the location I applied at for an interview. Typical first interview behavioral type questions were asked, lasted about a half hour. Was contacted a week later for a second interview and a few more detailed questions were asked, was interviewed by the branch manager and another employee. Two days later I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to earn the trust of a customer, what was the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you solved it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you delivered outstanding customer service.   Answer Question

Interviewed at U.S. Bank

Interview Details – Pretty simple. Sumit application online. Branch manager calls to set up an interview. Very basic questions. Teller coordinator calls for fallow up interview on the phone. Then you either get job offer or an email saying no.

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – You had a group interview where they asked you a series of questions. If they liked you they called you back. The group interview was awkward, I like one on one. I did not like the fact I felt like I was competing with someone right there. The managers who I interviewed with were great!

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were the ones where they would re word the question and you would have to think of a new answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – Apply online, interview at branch with branch and service managers.

Interview Question – fairly straight forward interview, questions about work experience and successes, as well as resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2012.

Interview Details – First received initial phone call and phone interview on the spot. After that, the HR Rep scheduled me for an interview with the District Manager and herself. After successfully completing that interview, I interviewed with the branch manager at the location I was set to work for. I was called back the next day with a job offer. US Bank is big on customer service. If you can identify with that and effectively communicate it, you should be pretty successful.

Sumner, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2012.

Interview Details – Long interviews in person, had 4 interviews with managers and district employees.

Interview Question – told me to sell them my purse and to make sure that it gets sold.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they called back and said that I had gotten the job, and I accepted..

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!