U.S. Bank

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Teller

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2007.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter on my college campus, forwarded her my resume, and was called by a local branch to interview. Within a few days, I interviewed at the branch. The first interview was with the Assistant Branch Manager, who liked me well enough to skip straight to a second interview with the Branch Manager. At closing, they said they would be in contact with me by a set date, which was two weeks away. They indeed called at the set date, offered me a position, and I started training one week later.

Interview Question – Tell me about the most difficult supervisor you have ever worked with, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2008.

Interview Details – Initial interview was over the phone. It was easy just simple questions like why I was interested in the position and what made me want to work for the company.
Second interview was in person. Asked me a series of questions--went through my resume and asked about specific job experience, asked about any prior sales experience, and asked general questions about cash handling and banking.

Interview Question – Describe a bad customer service experience and how you handled it   View Answer

Teller

The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2008.

Interview Details – Submitted an application and got called back relatively quickly. Interview questions were all pretty standard, and they asked me, as per usual, if I felt comfortable offering products to customers. Of course I said yes. They seemed interested, but I didn't get a call back. I was available all hours and even knew another teller working there, but didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Name a time when you have faced a challenge that you have had to overcome.   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2009.

Interview Details – After applying, you are to do a phone interview with a hiring manager from HR. If all goes well, she will recommend you to the branch you applied for where you will than go through an interview with the branch manager. If all goes well, they will take your fingerprints and you may begin working

Interview Question – Most difficult situation I ever faced   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Teller

The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2009.

Interview Details – Met at a job fair. Applied online and setup the interview. Actually interviewed with HR, a branch manager, and district manager in the same day. Offered me the job couple days later.

Interview Question – They always ask "behavioral" questions. Google it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating room. Good benefits though so I guess it makes up for it.

Teller

The process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

Interview Details – Standard interview. They asked me to participate in a sales scenario.

Interview Question – How would you sell this object   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was called shortly after submitting my resume online. The first interview was with the branch's assistant manager and the teller supervisor. Typical past history and scenario questions. In hindsight, they seemed as nervous as I was. They recommended their top picks to the branch manger, and those picks ended up being me and another candidate. I interviewed with the manager, who asked more typical, thought-provoking questions. Immediately after the other candidate's interview I was called and told they went with the other candidate.

Interview Questions

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the branch manager about a week later to come to the location I applied at for an interview. Typical first interview behavioral type questions were asked, lasted about a half hour. Was contacted a week later for a second interview and a few more detailed questions were asked, was interviewed by the branch manager and another employee. Two days later I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to earn the trust of a customer, what was the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you solved it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you delivered outstanding customer service.   Answer Question

Sumner, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2012.

Interview Details – Long interviews in person, had 4 interviews with managers and district employees.

Interview Question – told me to sell them my purse and to make sure that it gets sold.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they called back and said that I had gotten the job, and I accepted..

Interviewed at U.S. Bank

Interview Details – Pretty simple. Sumit application online. Branch manager calls to set up an interview. Very basic questions. Teller coordinator calls for fallow up interview on the phone. Then you either get job offer or an email saying no.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!