U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.5

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager was very upfront and informative. She was very personable, although I feel unprofessional at times. She made sure to ask if I had any questions about the company after she had gathered all information needed from me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Vacaville, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I turned in an application online and followed up a week later and got a call back for a group interview. Then I had a second one on one interview. I didn't get the job but then a month later another position opened up online and I applied again and left a message saying I reapplied and they called back the next day and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes because I'm bilingual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Duluth, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was held in the branch location that was being applied for with an HR official and head of tellers. The follow-up interview was also at the branch location but led by the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was when they said: "Tell me two times you were satisfied with a purchase and why."   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a straight forward entry position without negotiation.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Great, I was contacted in a timely manner and the managers who interviewed me were interesting in my past. There were multiple interviews, but the process was not to complicated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

I Got a call from the assistant manager. Then interviewed with both branch and assistant manager. I was then called in for a second interview with the district operations manager. The first interview was about 45 minutes, most questions were situational questions. The second interview was about 20 minutes, some of the same questions were ask. Second interview felt more like the district operations manager was trying to get to know my personality.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a angry customer. What did you do? and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for usbank?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about usbank?   1 Answer
    • Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer. What did you do? and what were the results?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

Interview

It was one interview with 2 people. They asked me my time frame of when I wanted to start the job and then told me at the end of the interview they weren't actually hiring at that time.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of difficult questions, like different scenarios and personal questions.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

the interview process is the same as others, you apply online, I got a call about a month later. I went in for an interview at a branch, then after that I had to go to a group interview at another branch with 5 other people there. The interview was with the district manager and another branch manager. The interview was not much of an interview, they just ask the same questions like, "why do you want to work US bank, what will you bring?" after that they just went over how it is to work for the bank. After that the district manager told us that if we really wanted the job, that we had to make it happen. (i think it was to test who would be good at reaching out to people for future sales calls) Basically we had to call our manager that we had the first interview with and persuade them that we are the fit for the job. After i talked to that manager, I had let her know i was going to go on vacation the next week just in case they call for an offer. She was okay with it, and two weeks later i got the offer call and started working a week later. As for the hiring process, your very first day they make you go to an orientation meeting at the main branch, which was downtown, then you do training on the computer before you get on the teller line. For me the training took a week. It was test after test after test. Overall the interview was pretty easy just be confident and smile.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I had cash handling experience but no teller experience, but if you do i would negotiate.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Had 2 interviews and they were pretty easy. Had the branch manager ask questions as an assistant observed and wrote down answers. Basic questions were asked and a few on my sales skills asking me to sell them a pen because they wanted to see how I would make a referral.

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Medina, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted a few days after applying, and given a basic phone interview. They asked why I wanted to work for US Bank and what I knew about them. Then, they asked about me & my work experience and set me up with an on-location interview. I feel like the manager who interviewed me was just very socially awkward. She criticized my previous job & the products I worked with, and then told me some stories about her personal life that weren't really warranted based on the conversation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of questions about my previous position, and STAR questions ("Name a time when...").   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Vista, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

You'll be asked mainly about customer service opportunities that you've had in the past and how you've dealt with each situation. You will also be asked about how well you do in sales.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and made the situation better.   1 Answer