U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Clarksville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call within a week for an in branch interview with the manager. She was very polite and professional but not intimidating. It was an easy interview as she went back & forth between her own personal questions and the question the company asks, if you have experience in banking or at least customer service you should be able to answer the questions fine.

Interview Questions

• Biggest accomplishment Time you had a conflict with supervisor, how'd you handle it? Time you gave BAD customer service, what did you do, how'd you fix it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Vacaville, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I turned in an application online and followed up a week later and got a call back for a group interview. Then I had a second one on one interview. I didn't get the job but then a month later another position opened up online and I applied again and left a message saying I reapplied and they called back the next day and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes because I'm bilingual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Hamilton, OH).

Interview

I filled out an application. I was called for an interview and tests. I had another interview, and I was hired. The interviewer was very kind, and I believe she knew that I was very nervous. She made me feel at ease. I was told in the second interview that I had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

I Got a call from the assistant manager. Then interviewed with both branch and assistant manager. I was then called in for a second interview with the district operations manager. The first interview was about 45 minutes, most questions were situational questions. The second interview was about 20 minutes, some of the same questions were ask. Second interview felt more like the district operations manager was trying to get to know my personality.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a angry customer. What did you do? and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for usbank?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about usbank?   1 Answer
    • Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer. What did you do? and what were the results?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Great, I was contacted in a timely manner and the managers who interviewed me were interesting in my past. There were multiple interviews, but the process was not to complicated.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

It was fine. Normal interview. Walked me through and gave me details of the job. I saw and met a lot of people. The overall interview took a half hour. It was vey easy going.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Joplin, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

seemed like a relaxed place when I went in for the interview. she just asked me basic questions and acted like I would really fit in with the environment. What I think really made the difference was a couple days after the interview I went beck into the branch and gave her a card thanking her for taking the time to consider me for the position.

Interview Questions

• just the basic questions like.. what do you want to work for US Bank?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Orem, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I was later called for a in-person interview where they asked me about my accomplishments, what I was expecting from the job, and if I would be ok with the demands of the position. Very comfortable and straightforward. Usually the a teller would have a 1:1 interview and then would be asked to come back to a group interview at the district office. Because they felt comfortable with me after one interview I did not participate. Two other girls who were hired at the same time said it was easy and they didn't feel a lot of pressure. More of an extra introduction into the company.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I received a call a few days after applying online. The interview was scheduled for the next day. They primarily asked behavioral interview questions where you must explain how your past experience is relevant to the position you are applying for.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was contacted by the branch manager. The interview was short. I was asked questions about previous customer service experience and cash handling. Right after interviewing with the branch manager, I had to speak with the customer service manager (back-up branch manager).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. In fact, the branch manager let me know up front that the pay would be $10. I accepted because I was unemployed.