U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions

2.5

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

I applied for a bank teller position at US Bank and the processes took 1 week and I had an interview. The interview was easy 1:1 and he said that I will have 2 more interviews. The person who interviewed me was very nice and positive.After interview I wait 2 weeks and they didn't call me back. I call them and they said that they hire another person.

Interview Questions
  • The question was easy about your previous jobs and duties and he ask me about what salary I would like to have.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Phone interview, Interview with branch manager and interview with other branch managers. I flew in from DC because I was relocationg back home to the Cleveland area and the manager was extremely flexible when scheduling the interviews.

I negotiated and salary went up by 50 cents

Teller Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Had 2 interviews and they were pretty easy. Had the branch manager ask questions as an assistant observed and wrote down answers. Basic questions were asked and a few on my sales skills asking me to sell them a pen because they wanted to see how I would make a referral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Medina, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2014.

I was contacted a few days after applying, and given a basic phone interview. They asked why I wanted to work for US Bank and what I knew about them. Then, they asked about me & my work experience and set me up with an on-location interview. I feel like the manager who interviewed me was just very socially awkward. She criticized my previous job & the products I worked with, and then told me some stories about her personal life that weren't really warranted based on the conversation.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot of questions about my previous position, and STAR questions ("Name a time when...").   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2013.

You had a group interview where they asked you a series of questions. If they liked you they called you back. The group interview was awkward, I like one on one. I did not like the fact I felt like I was competing with someone right there. The managers who I interviewed with were great!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were the ones where they would re word the question and you would have to think of a new answer.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

I applied online - interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2013.

You'll be asked mainly about customer service opportunities that you've had in the past and how you've dealt with each situation. You will also be asked about how well you do in sales.

Interview Questions
    • Give a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and made the situation better.   View Answer

Teller Interview

Honesty but not over sharing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duluth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2014.

Initial interview was held in the branch location that was being applied for with an HR official and head of tellers. The follow-up interview was also at the branch location but led by the branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview was when they said:

"Tell me two times you were satisfied with a purchase and why."
        View Answer
    It was a straight forward entry position without negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Citrus Heights, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2013.

i had my first interview in January of 2013. i was not hired because they hired internally. the manager promised to call me if they had another opening. i was checking for opening almost every day. as soon as i saw an open position for the specific branch, which was in May, i applied, and the manager called me the next day. i knew she remembered me because she pronounced my name correct! thats a big deal. we set up an interview for the next day. and the morning after that she called me and offered me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

Gon Interviewd by the Lead Teller and the Assistant Manager, went fairly smooth. They asked me about my customer service experience, cash handleling experience, and sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the sales questions, I had no experience in sales at the time, but to me it was pretty self explanatory   Answer Question

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!