U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.5

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

the interview process is the same as others, you apply online, I got a call about a month later. I went in for an interview at a branch, then after that I had to go to a group interview at another branch with 5 other people there. The interview was with the district manager and another branch manager. The interview was not much of an interview, they just ask the same questions like, "why do you want to work US bank, what will you bring?" after that they just went over how it is to work for the bank. After that the district manager told us that if we really wanted the job, that we had to make it happen. (i think it was to test who would be good at reaching out to people for future sales calls) Basically we had to call our manager that we had the first interview with and persuade them that we are the fit for the job. After i talked to that manager, I had let her know i was going to go on vacation the next week just in case they call for an offer. She was okay with it, and two weeks later i got the offer call and started working a week later.

As for the hiring process, your very first day they make you go to an orientation meeting at the main branch, which was downtown, then you do training on the computer before you get on the teller line. For me the training took a week. It was test after test after test. Overall the interview was pretty easy just be confident and smile.

Interview Questions
I did not negotiate, I had cash handling experience but no teller experience, but if you do i would negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Teller Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

It was one interview with 2 people. They asked me my time frame of when I wanted to start the job and then told me at the end of the interview they weren't actually hiring at that time.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of difficult questions, like different scenarios and personal questions.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2010.

Simple, one in person interview. Really depends on management at the time. When I interviewed it was with two really laid back guys and it probably only lasted 15 minutes and I got the job.

Interview Questions
    I didn't try to negotiate at all, not sure if it would have worked because I think the salaries are already set for everybody depending on the starting hourly is at the time you're hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

I applied for a bank teller position at US Bank and the processes took 1 week and I had an interview. The interview was easy 1:1 and he said that I will have 2 more interviews. The person who interviewed me was very nice and positive.After interview I wait 2 weeks and they didn't call me back. I call them and they said that they hire another person.

Interview Questions
    • The question was easy about your previous jobs and duties and he ask me about what salary I would like to have.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Phone interview, Interview with branch manager and interview with other branch managers. I flew in from DC because I was relocationg back home to the Cleveland area and the manager was extremely flexible when scheduling the interviews.

I negotiated and salary went up by 50 cents

Teller Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Had 2 interviews and they were pretty easy. Had the branch manager ask questions as an assistant observed and wrote down answers. Basic questions were asked and a few on my sales skills asking me to sell them a pen because they wanted to see how I would make a referral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2014.

I was contacted a few days after applying, and given a basic phone interview. They asked why I wanted to work for US Bank and what I knew about them. Then, they asked about me & my work experience and set me up with an on-location interview. I feel like the manager who interviewed me was just very socially awkward. She criticized my previous job & the products I worked with, and then told me some stories about her personal life that weren't really warranted based on the conversation.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot of questions about my previous position, and STAR questions ("Name a time when...").   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2013.

You had a group interview where they asked you a series of questions. If they liked you they called you back. The group interview was awkward, I like one on one. I did not like the fact I felt like I was competing with someone right there. The managers who I interviewed with were great!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were the ones where they would re word the question and you would have to think of a new answer.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2013.

You'll be asked mainly about customer service opportunities that you've had in the past and how you've dealt with each situation. You will also be asked about how well you do in sales.

Interview Questions
    • Give a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and made the situation better.   View Answer

Teller Interview

Honesty but not over sharing