U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied for a bank teller position at US Bank and the processes took 1 week and I had an interview. The interview was easy 1:1 and he said that I will have 2 more interviews. The person who interviewed me was very nice and positive.After interview I wait 2 weeks and they didn't call me back. I call them and they said that they hire another person.

Interview Questions

• The question was easy about your previous jobs and duties and he ask me about what salary I would like to have.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Had 2 interviews and they were pretty easy. Had the branch manager ask questions as an assistant observed and wrote down answers. Basic questions were asked and a few on my sales skills asking me to sell them a pen because they wanted to see how I would make a referral.

Teller Interview

Interview

Honesty but not over sharing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Orem, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I was later called for a in-person interview where they asked me about my accomplishments, what I was expecting from the job, and if I would be ok with the demands of the position. Very comfortable and straightforward. Usually the a teller would have a 1:1 interview and then would be asked to come back to a group interview at the district office. Because they felt comfortable with me after one interview I did not participate. Two other girls who were hired at the same time said it was easy and they didn't feel a lot of pressure. More of an extra introduction into the company.

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Medina, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted a few days after applying, and given a basic phone interview. They asked why I wanted to work for US Bank and what I knew about them. Then, they asked about me & my work experience and set me up with an on-location interview. I feel like the manager who interviewed me was just very socially awkward. She criticized my previous job & the products I worked with, and then told me some stories about her personal life that weren't really warranted based on the conversation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of questions about my previous position, and STAR questions ("Name a time when...").   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Duluth, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was held in the branch location that was being applied for with an HR official and head of tellers. The follow-up interview was also at the branch location but led by the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was when they said: "Tell me two times you were satisfied with a purchase and why."   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a straight forward entry position without negotiation.

Teller Interview

Interview

Asked questions about your resume of course. And they had a questionnaire and asked questions from it, very basic interview questions. Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it, a time when you had to pay attention to detail, how would you deal with a coworker that you didn't like, etc.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when the customer wanted/asked for something and you know that they deserve it but you know the manager would say no. What did you do? Or how would you handle a situation like that.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

Interview

It was one interview with 2 people. They asked me my time frame of when I wanted to start the job and then told me at the end of the interview they weren't actually hiring at that time.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of difficult questions, like different scenarios and personal questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

You had a group interview where they asked you a series of questions. If they liked you they called you back. The group interview was awkward, I like one on one. I did not like the fact I felt like I was competing with someone right there. The managers who I interviewed with were great!

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were the ones where they would re word the question and you would have to think of a new answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with two people at first then instantly met the branch manager after the first interview. It was basic interview questions. They were very nice and helpful.The interview lasted about an hour. I made personal connections which they liked. They want to know a lot about you personally so be descriptive.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when a customer was unhappy. What did you do about it ?   1 Answer