U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2009.

A lot of sales oriented and customer service experience based questions.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of when you went above and beyond expectations. How and why?   Answer Question
Be honest with what you want.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Teller Interview

Just one interview pretty standard questions. received a call and about 2 weeks later started working

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Apply online, interview at branch with branch and service managers.

Interview Questions
    • fairly straight forward interview, questions about work experience and successes, as well as resume   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bend, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2009.

I applied online at USbank.com/careers. A recruited for the area contacted me for a phone interview. I passed that, and the customer service manager called me to set up a face to face interview with the Branch Manager and himself. That interview lasted about an hour. I got the offer about 2 days later when they came in my then-current workplace. The job offer wasn't as professional as I expected but the interviews themselves were less stressful than I expected. I was able to relax, laugh, and smile. They really liked me and I got the job pretty easily.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any difficult questions, they were all the regular questions you would see if you Googled behavioral and situation interview questions.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because the initial offer exceeded my expectations anyway!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2012.

I filled out an application online and got a phone call the next day. The customer service manager called me to set up an interview time. I explained to him that I had a full time job and couldn't miss work, so he let me come in and interview at 5 pm after they closed. The Teller Coordinator and the CSM interviewed me. The CSM called me the next day to offer me a job. I had to wait about 4 or 5 days to get a call from the HR rep. There were tons of emails and lots of paperwork. I had to make appointments to get finger printed and attend orientation.

Interview Questions
    • It has been several months since my interview but they were very fair questions.   Answer Question
    I told them I couldn't make less than what I was making at my current job at the time and he gave me slightly more.

Anonymous Employee  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Did an online application and assessment . Three weeks later got a call for an one on one interview.

Anonymous Employee  in  Ottumwa, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Ottumwa, IA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2012.

First, I applied online. Then I was called back about two weeks later asking for an interview at the branch. I had the interview with the Store Manager, the Head Teller, and another manager. The interview went really well and everyone there was so nice and easy-going. I ended up not getting the job because they found someone with more experience.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you dealt with a rude customer.   Answer Question
    • How often do you meet your Metrics Goals at your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sumner, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumner, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2012.

Long interviews in person, had 4 interviews with managers and district employees.

Interview Questions
    • told me to sell them my purse and to make sure that it gets sold.   View Answer
    they called back and said that I had gotten the job, and I accepted..

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2012.

First received initial phone call and phone interview on the spot. After that, the HR Rep scheduled me for an interview with the District Manager and herself. After successfully completing that interview, I interviewed with the branch manager at the location I was set to work for. I was called back the next day with a job offer. US Bank is big on customer service. If you can identify with that and effectively communicate it, you should be pretty successful.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond for the customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bismarck, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bismarck, ND

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2011.

I applied online and received a call shortly after for an interview. I was told this interview would be with the branch manager, Sales and Service manager, and Lead Teller. I arrived there and it was only with the branch and S&S manager, the interview lasted about 20 minutes and they asked questions like why should they hire me, to name a specific time I had to sell something to someone, and how I approached it. It wasn't intimidating, and it was just like talking about prior jobs with them. They interviewed me Friday morning and said they would call by the following friday, and Monday I received a call with a job offer. The longest process was after being hired having to wait on the background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult time when you had to sell something to someone   Answer Question