U.S. Bank Universal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Idaho Falls, ID).

Interview

Only one interview. Interviewed with the Manager and Assistant Manager. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable. Talked about ramdom things in the first two minutes so i relax then got into the interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They contacted me about a week later and told me the base pay (13.25) I didn't negociate.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Universal Banker Interview

Interview

Interview was CAKE, no assessment, no phone interview, just one in person interview with the branch manager and co manager. Standard interview questions; asked me about my past jobs, why I would be a good salesman. It's honestly all about SALES. be confident, be yourself, be real and make them laugh, keep it lighthearted while also holding a professional demeanor and express your accomplishments

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it, would you change it now looking back? Sell me this pen   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, although they offered me 25 cents more than the minimum starting pay for the job because i had previous sales experience

Universal Banker Interview

Interview

I was referred to US Bank by a family friend. I met with the branch manager and got a general overview of the job and what they were hiring for. I filled out my online application and received a phone call the following week to set up a phone interview for the end of the week. I was contacted to set up an in person interview a dew days later. Exactly two week after my in person interview, I received a phone call from HR letting me know that I had been given a conditional offer of employment. The background check and fingerprinting took an additional week as a half.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Very standard "tell us about a time"....   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate from $13.50 to $15 an hour. I used my experience with high volume cash handling, and great references from previous employers. Not too difficult, but I came with a number in mind, and would not leave until I had received the number I wanted. Everyone was very pleasant during the process. I just had to stand my ground.

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. (on a Friday) They called that day to setup an interview for Monday. Interview lasted about an hour. Called 2 hours later with an offer. Was a super easy/relaxed interview with 2 store managers. They just want to know how you are, and what you are able to bring to the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application online, recieved a call for an interview a couple days later and set it up for the next day. Went in for the interview which was good we talked about both being new to area and he asked me about previous work experience focusing on how comfortable I am with selling items and my customer service skills. After that he said I will get another interview over the phone if chosen to move one to next step of hiring process. I got the phone interview about 2 weeks later. That went well she asked me about my selling experience and customer service. She also explained more about the position. After that I was pretty much hired but I had to talk to the district manager which was over the phone to get to know me a bit. Later the manager of the bank called and said I pretty much got the job and HR would have to call and give me an official offer. which took about a week. They send you an email to follow the direction to complete a background check, and that was it.

Interview Questions

• In what way did your actions affect the way the business ran? I think that is how he worded it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate didn't have experience as a banker.

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from the branch manager a month later to set up a 1:1 interview for a few days ahead. The interview was easy, but my interviewer was not very conversational until I asked questions at the end and she seemed unprepared, almost as if she had never interviewed anyone before. The interview questions were basically about your background and how you handle certain situations. There were a few STAR questions (tell me about a time when...), but a lot of questions to see how you would mesh with the culture of that particular branch. There were no sales questions like I expected. I walked away from the interview feeling as though it went pretty well. The interview lasted 35 minutes.

Two days later, I received a phone call from the district manager who told me I was one of the top candidates and that the branch manager liked me and thought I would fit in well with the organization. He asked me two questions, one about my background and the other was what I expected to be paid. Thirty minutes later, I received a call from the branch manager who offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you gave bad customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered $4 more than I asked for, so no negotiations were necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hannibal, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Hannibal, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

I was hired after two interviews. The first was the Branch Manager, the other with the SSC and District Manager. The first interview was very easy. It was more like a conversation than a grilling session. The second interview was more intimidating. The interviewer was glued to the script, and it did not feel like a conversation at all.

Interview Questions

• How much in sales did you make at your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Monroe, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

It took me 9 days to apply, call to follow up on application with hiring manager, interview with hiring manager, interview with district manager, and receive an offer. The process was extremely easy, and I was surprised how relaxed and friendly everyone was along the way... surprised in a good way! I just came from working at Wells Fargo, and can already tell this place will be so much better.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult project you had to do at Wells Fargo and how did you accomplish it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered $15.50, but asked for $16. The manager said my pay was supposed to be $15, but she already had them bump it up since I have banking experience. I'm just happy to have the job I wanted, and a much higher pay than a teller.

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I met with the branch manager, district manager and regional manager. The 3 of them on one side with me on the other. It was bit intimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Washington, MO) in December 2013.

Interview

Short, and precise not a lot of questions. Wanted to know my selling experience. One on one experience let me know right away if I got the job. Enjoyed the experience.