U.S. Bank Universal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Burbank, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied to US Bank for a Universal Banker position online after seeing an opening. After applying for the position, the interview process was quick. They called me for a first interview and after passing it, they sent me for a second interview minutes after to another branch down the street. Once I passed the second interview I had one more interview which was a phone interview which took about 30 minutes. Within a week I had passed two face to face interviews and a third one which was a phone interview with someone of a higher position. It seemed repetitive but effective.

Interview Questions

• There are plenty of other candidates with banking experience, so why should we select you over them?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Idaho Falls, ID).

Interview

Only one interview. Interviewed with the Manager and Assistant Manager. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable. Talked about ramdom things in the first two minutes so i relax then got into the interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They contacted me about a week later and told me the base pay (13.25) I didn't negociate.

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Johnstown, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

First was a phone call asking about you and what your hourly wage you're expecting. Set up a time for an in person interview. Had 3 in person interviews with the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like strengths, weaknesses, why should we hire you etc.   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Interview

Interview was CAKE, no assessment, no phone interview, just one in person interview with the branch manager and co manager. Standard interview questions; asked me about my past jobs, why I would be a good salesman. It's honestly all about SALES. be confident, be yourself, be real and make them laugh, keep it lighthearted while also holding a professional demeanor and express your accomplishments

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it, would you change it now looking back? Sell me this pen   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, although they offered me 25 cents more than the minimum starting pay for the job because i had previous sales experience

Universal Banker Interview

Interview

I was referred to US Bank by a family friend. I met with the branch manager and got a general overview of the job and what they were hiring for. I filled out my online application and received a phone call the following week to set up a phone interview for the end of the week. I was contacted to set up an in person interview a dew days later. Exactly two week after my in person interview, I received a phone call from HR letting me know that I had been given a conditional offer of employment. The background check and fingerprinting took an additional week as a half.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Very standard "tell us about a time"....   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate from $13.50 to $15 an hour. I used my experience with high volume cash handling, and great references from previous employers. Not too difficult, but I came with a number in mind, and would not leave until I had received the number I wanted. Everyone was very pleasant during the process. I just had to stand my ground.

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. (on a Friday) They called that day to setup an interview for Monday. Interview lasted about an hour. Called 2 hours later with an offer. Was a super easy/relaxed interview with 2 store managers. They just want to know how you are, and what you are able to bring to the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application online, recieved a call for an interview a couple days later and set it up for the next day. Went in for the interview which was good we talked about both being new to area and he asked me about previous work experience focusing on how comfortable I am with selling items and my customer service skills. After that he said I will get another interview over the phone if chosen to move one to next step of hiring process. I got the phone interview about 2 weeks later. That went well she asked me about my selling experience and customer service. She also explained more about the position. After that I was pretty much hired but I had to talk to the district manager which was over the phone to get to know me a bit. Later the manager of the bank called and said I pretty much got the job and HR would have to call and give me an official offer. which took about a week. They send you an email to follow the direction to complete a background check, and that was it.

Interview Questions

• In what way did your actions affect the way the business ran? I think that is how he worded it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate didn't have experience as a banker.

Universal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2014.

Interview

The standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. However make it very clear what type of sales experience it is that you have. The sales that they require take more than what an average retail individual will have (one to two yrs). More than two years should be a satisfactory level. After meeting with two management figures I was offered the job in one week. After receiving the offer it did take some time for my start date assignment,

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with making a sales pitch?   1 Answer

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from the branch manager a month later to set up a 1:1 interview for a few days ahead. The interview was easy, but my interviewer was not very conversational until I asked questions at the end and she seemed unprepared, almost as if she had never interviewed anyone before. The interview questions were basically about your background and how you handle certain situations. There were a few STAR questions (tell me about a time when...), but a lot of questions to see how you would mesh with the culture of that particular branch. There were no sales questions like I expected. I walked away from the interview feeling as though it went pretty well. The interview lasted 35 minutes. Two days later, I received a phone call from the district manager who told me I was one of the top candidates and that the branch manager liked me and thought I would fit in well with the organization. He asked me two questions, one about my background and the other was what I expected to be paid. Thirty minutes later, I received a call from the branch manager who offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you gave bad customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered $4 more than I asked for, so no negotiations were necessary.

Anonymous Employee in Hannibal, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Hannibal, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

I was hired after two interviews. The first was the Branch Manager, the other with the SSC and District Manager. The first interview was very easy. It was more like a conversation than a grilling session. The second interview was more intimidating. The interviewer was glued to the script, and it did not feel like a conversation at all.

Interview Questions

• How much in sales did you make at your last job?   1 Answer