U.S. Bank

Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.1

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Universal Banker Interview

Interview was CAKE, no assessment, no phone interview, just one in person interview with the branch manager and co manager. Standard interview questions; asked me about my past jobs, why I would be a good salesman. It's honestly all about SALES. be confident, be yourself, be real and make them laugh, keep it lighthearted while also holding a professional demeanor and express your accomplishments

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it, would you change it now looking back? Sell me this pen   Answer Question
I did not negotiate, although they offered me 25 cents more than the minimum starting pay for the job because i had previous sales experience

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Universal Banker Interview

I was referred to US Bank by a family friend. I met with the branch manager and got a general overview of the job and what they were hiring for. I filled out my online application and received a phone call the following week to set up a phone interview for the end of the week. I was contacted to set up an in person interview a dew days later. Exactly two week after my in person interview, I received a phone call from HR letting me know that I had been given a conditional offer of employment. The background check and fingerprinting took an additional week as a half.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Very standard "tell us about a time"....   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate from $13.50 to $15 an hour. I used my experience with high volume cash handling, and great references from previous employers. Not too difficult, but I came with a number in mind, and would not leave until I had received the number I wanted. Everyone was very pleasant during the process. I just had to stand my ground.

Universal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2014.

Applied online. (on a Friday) They called that day to setup an interview for Monday. Interview lasted about an hour. Called 2 hours later with an offer. Was a super easy/relaxed interview with 2 store managers. They just want to know how you are, and what you are able to bring to the company.

none.

Universal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2014.

I filled out the application online, recieved a call for an interview a couple days later and set it up for the next day. Went in for the interview which was good we talked about both being new to area and he asked me about previous work experience focusing on how comfortable I am with selling items and my customer service skills. After that he said I will get another interview over the phone if chosen to move one to next step of hiring process. I got the phone interview about 2 weeks later. That went well she asked me about my selling experience and customer service. She also explained more about the position. After that I was pretty much hired but I had to talk to the district manager which was over the phone to get to know me a bit. Later the manager of the bank called and said I pretty much got the job and HR would have to call and give me an official offer. which took about a week. They send you an email to follow the direction to complete a background check, and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • In what way did your actions affect the way the business ran? I think that is how he worded it.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate didn't have experience as a banker.

Universal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2014.

Applied online and received a call from the branch manager a month later to set up a 1:1 interview for a few days ahead. The interview was easy, but my interviewer was not very conversational until I asked questions at the end and she seemed unprepared, almost as if she had never interviewed anyone before. The interview questions were basically about your background and how you handle certain situations. There were a few STAR questions (tell me about a time when...), but a lot of questions to see how you would mesh with the culture of that particular branch. There were no sales questions like I expected. I walked away from the interview feeling as though it went pretty well. The interview lasted 35 minutes.

Two days later, I received a phone call from the district manager who told me I was one of the top candidates and that the branch manager liked me and thought I would fit in well with the organization. He asked me two questions, one about my background and the other was what I expected to be paid. Thirty minutes later, I received a call from the branch manager who offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you gave bad customer service.   Answer Question
    They offered $4 more than I asked for, so no negotiations were necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in March 2014.

It took me 9 days to apply, call to follow up on application with hiring manager, interview with hiring manager, interview with district manager, and receive an offer. The process was extremely easy, and I was surprised how relaxed and friendly everyone was along the way... surprised in a good way! I just came from working at Wells Fargo, and can already tell this place will be so much better.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult project you had to do at Wells Fargo and how did you accomplish it?   View Answer
    I was offered $15.50, but asked for $16. The manager said my pay was supposed to be $15, but she already had them bump it up since I have banking experience. I'm just happy to have the job I wanted, and a much higher pay than a teller.

Universal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

I met with the branch manager, district manager and regional manager. The 3 of them on one side with me on the other. It was bit intimidating.

Universal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Went to interview was hired right after. Manager spoke most of the time.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation only an acceptance

Universal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

I applied online. Within a couple weeks, I received a call for an interview with the Branch Manager. The interview was an hour and a half and all but about 15 minutes was the manager talking. When I spoke about previous accomplishments, the manager responded with degrading accomplishments time frame from different industry. I had to force the manager to answer the only question he let me answer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. They were almost all yes/no questions. Only the assistant manager asked open-ended questions in the first 15 minutes of the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

There is a three part interview process; a phone screening by the branch manager, a in person interview by the branch manager, and another in person interview by the district manager (which has the final say whether you will get the job or not).

The whole process took nearly two months but this is to be expected for a bank. Background checks are more intense than other industries as well as other procedural things like finger printing and a ten year residential address and work verification.

Interview Questions
    • Do you find sales goals or quotas challenging?   View Answer