U.S. Bank

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cameron Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details – They do a phone interview, then they ask you to come in to the district office so that the district manager may interview you. That is followed by the branch manager setting up a date to interview you. If they want to hire you it takes over a week. The entire process is about a month long.

Interview Question – Most questions asked were pretty "run of the mill" the most difficult question was probably a "what would you do" ethical question since the branch seemed to have ethical problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they gave me the pay amount and they said that they do not pay more than that amount.

Monroe, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in March 2014.

Interview Details – It took me 9 days to apply, call to follow up on application with hiring manager, interview with hiring manager, interview with district manager, and receive an offer. The process was extremely easy, and I was surprised how relaxed and friendly everyone was along the way... surprised in a good way! I just came from working at Wells Fargo, and can already tell this place will be so much better.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult project you had to do at Wells Fargo and how did you accomplish it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered $15.50, but asked for $16. The manager said my pay was supposed to be $15, but she already had them bump it up since I have banking experience. I'm just happy to have the job I wanted, and a much higher pay than a teller.

Universal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2012.

Interview Details – First interview took place over the phone by the branch manager. Second interview was in-person. Asked questions about my experience with customer service and sales.

Interview Question – What's your favorite color? (Unexpected, for sure. I'm not sure how this is relevant.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offered more in pay than expected.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Universal Banker

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – I met with the branch manager, district manager and regional manager. The 3 of them on one side with me on the other. It was bit intimidating.

Interview Question – I had to pitch a sale of a product on the spot.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Universal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. Within a couple weeks, I received a call for an interview with the Branch Manager. The interview was an hour and a half and all but about 15 minutes was the manager talking. When I spoke about previous accomplishments, the manager responded with degrading accomplishments time frame from different industry. I had to force the manager to answer the only question he let me answer.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked. They were almost all yes/no questions. Only the assistant manager asked open-ended questions in the first 15 minutes of the interview.   Answer Question

Universal Banker

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – Went to interview was hired right after. Manager spoke most of the time.

Interview Question – Throw me your sales pitch?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation only an acceptance

Renton, WA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – There is a three part interview process; a phone screening by the branch manager, a in person interview by the branch manager, and another in person interview by the district manager (which has the final say whether you will get the job or not).

The whole process took nearly two months but this is to be expected for a bank. Background checks are more intense than other industries as well as other procedural things like finger printing and a ten year residential address and work verification.

Interview Question – Do you find sales goals or quotas challenging?   View Answer

Moline, IL

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process is entirely too long. Too much time between to initial phone interview, and then I had 3 face to face interviews. Every interview was the exact questions with people from the same branch. Kinda ridiculous. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to hire for this type of position. Total time from first phone call to hire date was 4 weeks. Coulda accepted another job elsewhere during that time.

Negotiation Details – Simple

Universal Banker

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – Applied Online, a few days later the temporary Branch Manager called. Interviewed with him and then on the same day, the permanent Branch Manager called for a second interview.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was 'What would your current customers say about you?'   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very fast. Was contacted via email about an interview. Showed up to one of the more prestigious branches and was conducted to the district manager. Everything went smooth from there. The interview was more like they were selling me the job rather than me selling myself. Interview lasted an hour and a half. Four days later I was offered a position by one of the HR reps.

Interview Question – Walk me through a sales routine   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, entry level.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!