U.S. Bank Universal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Cape Girardeau, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Cape Girardeau, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

I had 2 1:1 interviews and an interview with the district manager. I really felt that the branch did not know what they were doing during the process because the right didn't tell the left what was going on. They would tell you that they would call you either way in a week but a week and a half later no call. Then I would have to call them and schedule another interview. I had a total of 3 interviews and they said they were still not sure who they were going to pick. They gave alot of excuses and wasted alot of time since each interview was over an hour in length.

Interview Questions

• How did you know the information about a product that you would refer to another person?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Applied Online, a few days later the temporary Branch Manager called. Interviewed with him and then on the same day, the permanent Branch Manager called for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was 'What would your current customers say about you?'   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Had a one on one interview with the branch manager. I then was asked to meet with the regional manager, and it went well but didnt receive a call back after.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Applied online. Screening call with the bank Manager. 1st interview with bank manager and another associate. 2nd interview with bank manager and district manager at corp.

Interview Questions

• What is the last thing you want me to remember about you when I go to sleep tonight?   Answer Question

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Moline, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring process is entirely too long. Too much time between to initial phone interview, and then I had 3 face to face interviews. Every interview was the exact questions with people from the same branch. Kinda ridiculous. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to hire for this type of position. Total time from first phone call to hire date was 4 weeks. Coulda accepted another job elsewhere during that time.

Negotiation

Simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Renton, WA).

Interview

There is a three part interview process; a phone screening by the branch manager, a in person interview by the branch manager, and another in person interview by the district manager (which has the final say whether you will get the job or not). The whole process took nearly two months but this is to be expected for a bank. Background checks are more intense than other industries as well as other procedural things like finger printing and a ten year residential address and work verification.

Interview Questions

• Do you find sales goals or quotas challenging?   1 Answer

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I met with the branch manager, district manager and regional manager. The 3 of them on one side with me on the other. It was bit intimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cameron Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Cameron Park, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

They do a phone interview, then they ask you to come in to the district office so that the district manager may interview you. That is followed by the branch manager setting up a date to interview you. If they want to hire you it takes over a week. The entire process is about a month long.

Interview Questions

• Most questions asked were pretty "run of the mill" the most difficult question was probably a "what would you do" ethical question since the branch seemed to have ethical problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they gave me the pay amount and they said that they do not pay more than that amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Idaho Falls, ID).

Interview

Only one interview. Interviewed with the Manager and Assistant Manager. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable. Talked about ramdom things in the first two minutes so i relax then got into the interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They contacted me about a week later and told me the base pay (13.25) I didn't negociate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Washington, MO) in December 2013.

Interview

Short, and precise not a lot of questions. Wanted to know my selling experience. One on one experience let me know right away if I got the job. Enjoyed the experience.