U.S. Bank Vice President Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very pleasent hiring and Interview process it was very positive and friendly.The recruitor was very helpful, answered all my questions and looked into all my concerns. All conversations took place when I was able to get some personel time. The over all process was very postitive and went very smooth. The recruitor kept in touch with me over the weeks while waiting for management to approve my hire date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very pleasent

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

After a personal recommendation by my then manager and the individual retiring from the position I was interviewed for, I had a phone interview with the recruiter. I then moved on to the hiring manager, three relationship managers, the business development officer, service manager, portfolio manager, and finally the executive vice president of the business line in a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter, in the initial phone interview, asked whether I wasn't "a bit junior for this position".   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. My current manager tried to keep me by raising my salary. I made it clear to the hiring manager that there were significant challenges inherent in the new position, that I was ready with strategies to meet them, but that I was weighing the risk and potential reward. I was comfortable in my current role and accepting this challenge would be relatively risky. I would not accept it without the right amount of financial reward and support from senior management. The hiring manager wrote down the word "risky", then came in with an offer. I asked for about 7% more and received it.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Great Process, they were thoroughly warm, inviting and up front. I had a great experience. Their Sr. Management is wonderful and their support staff and HR was great. I would recommend anyone interviewing to research and make sure you know the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were very open, I was offered a great salary and made more money than my previous employer

Vice President Interview

Interview

The hiring process can take some time because it is a large corporation that moves slowly. The interview process within the specific group was easy.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding underwriting techniques were difficult to understand my level of skill.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiating, Bank offers limited room to negotiate