U.S. Cellular Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 6, 2015

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

They emailed me that they were interested in talking with me. I passed an initial phone interview and then scheduled an in-person interview a week or so after. I was offered the position two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't too difficult. Very run of the mill. Most difficult were questions about how you thought your personal in-class experience could relate to your work as an intern.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Talked with them at a career fair. Emailed the recruiter after the fair. Schedule a phone interview two weeks later. Asked behavioral questions during the phone interview.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had two phone screens. First with HR and then the hiring manager. This started in November and I was asked into HQ in January. Spent morning interviewing with two directors and on vp.

Interview Questions

• You'd be inheriting a new group composed of unhappy employees. What would you do to build a team?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very detailed, behavioral based interview process.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Long hiring process with many different steps. It can feel like you are getting the run around, but stick it out it is worth it. The interview process is a Performance Based Interview, meaning it is specific to what you HAVE done, not what you WOULD do (no hypotheticals here!)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The original offer was very good, appropriate for my experience but this is not always the case. More recently it seems offers start lower so I would recommend seeing what you can get.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was a pretty standard process. I responded to a posting. I met the requirements for the job. US Cellular called me for a phone interview. It went pretty well. They called me in a few days to set up an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• You don't have an EE degree (electrical engineering)?   1 Answer

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

In preparation for the interview, individuals should research the company. Specifically, the individual should research the company's CEO, work environment, mission, values, and behaviors. The individual should be prepared to discuss ethics and the role it plays in the professional work environment. The individual should also be prepared to discuss how they handle difficult customer encounters, providing specific examples (i.e. There was a time when...). The individual should be equipped to answer the questions in SAR format (Situation, Action, Result).

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected questions that candidates encounter is one surrounding ethics. Example: What is your definition of ethics? Although this may be considered a simple question, it is one that often times requires thought to ensure that you do not stumble during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was minimal. The offer that was extended to me initially was $10.50 per hour plus commission. However, it worked in my favor because my commission checks averaged between $5,000 & $7,000 monthly.

Consumer Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online and about 2-3 weeks later I received a request from HR to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes and I was told they would set up a 2nd phone interview with me (and the hiring manager). A couple weeks later that phone interview was set up, however it was not with the actual hiring manager; it was with someone filling in for her. Unfortunately, HR told me this would be a technical interview so I came prepared to answer more technical questions ... when in reality, the interview itself was almost a direct repeat of the initial HR interview with very general questions only. Unfortunately I was not outspoken enough to re-direct the interview back to the area I was told it would be and I was so stunned/floored about what I was being asked that the interview actually ended after 15-20 minutes had gone by. I was told a couple weeks later that they would not take me further and were going to keep interviewing other candidates.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process includes two parts. One is Technical section, and this section includes most of the technical questions that would gauge person on the abilities to perform the job. The other part is non-technical part and the interview includes 3 different managers. The interview has a specific format (STAR). Each manager interviews for an hour asking different behaviour related questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation that you disagreed with your manager, and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are flexible, but have a fix number in mind.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Originally referred in from a 3rd party recruiter. HR staff was professional and communicative. Had two phone screens with HR, then a phone screen and follow-up call (initiated by me) with hiring manager. Invited into offices for in-person interviews, 6 in total. Most questions were about ability to navigate corporate politics than ability, so in person was more about personality and fit. Had a few US Cellular standard questions about "what would you do in X scenario?" Overall a good interview process. U.S. Cellular likes to hire MBA grads - only the "U.S. Cellular lifers" I spoke with did not have an MBA.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to influence/motivate others who do not report to you?   Answer Question