U.S. Cellular Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Itasca, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Went through a pretty long interviewing process. First a phone interview. Then they were not sure if they wanted to consider you for the position you applied for or a management position. They took me through 2 more interviews and 2 tests to see if I was qualified enough for the management position according to their culture standards. When they realized you were better suited for the Account Manager position they continued through that interviewing process. It took at least 4 weeks in all. But it only needed to take a week or 2 for the Account Management decision.

Interview Questions
    • Wanting specific word for word past experiences. Not to leave out any details even if not important   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

I had two phone screens. First with HR and then the hiring manager. This started in November and I was asked into HQ in January. Spent morning interviewing with two directors and on vp.

Interview Questions
    • You'd be inheriting a new group composed of unhappy employees. What would you do to build a team?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2010.

Long process. It took over 2 months for them to respond. Once the interview process started I had 1 interview per week for 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • N/A. They follow the normal performance based questions. They want you to tell a story how your skills came out during a situation.   Answer Question
    N/A. This level had very little room to negotiate.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in March 2010.

2 PHONE CALLS
    1 IN PERSON INTERVIEW ( PBI Based Interview) Performamce Based Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in September 2010.

the interview process was extremely easy since I was already a customer service rep and the transfer over was in the same building. The managers and the people you work with are extremely professional and very friendly

Interview Questions
    • was how would I handle a difficult situation. I explained about working in the insurance industry as a catastrophy claims adjuster and if i could handle that situation i would be able to handle any situation   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary and since it was within reason for their scope of pay, they agreed to my terms

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2010.

Met with 9 managers and future to be peers. The flew me in 2 times. The interviews were situation questions like: what was the most difficult decision? What do you do if your peer is not performing? Overall the interviews were positive and fair and were realy meant to learn about me and how I fit with the role.

Interview Questions
    • A long questionnaire about my professional background before the interviews. Not unusual.   Answer Question

Consumer Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2012.

I applied online and about 2-3 weeks later I received a request from HR to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes and I was told they would set up a 2nd phone interview with me (and the hiring manager). A couple weeks later that phone interview was set up, however it was not with the actual hiring manager; it was with someone filling in for her. Unfortunately, HR told me this would be a technical interview so I came prepared to answer more technical questions ... when in reality, the interview itself was almost a direct repeat of the initial HR interview with very general questions only.

Unfortunately I was not outspoken enough to re-direct the interview back to the area I was told it would be and I was so stunned/floored about what I was being asked that the interview actually ended after 15-20 minutes had gone by. I was told a couple weeks later that they would not take me further and were going to keep interviewing other candidates.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in September 2012.

The interview process includes two parts. One is Technical section, and this section includes most of the technical questions that would gauge person on the abilities to perform the job. The other part is non-technical part and the interview includes 3 different managers. The interview has a specific format (STAR). Each manager interviews for an hour asking different behaviour related questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation that you disagreed with your manager, and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    They are flexible, but have a fix number in mind.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Very detailed, behavioral based interview process.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in March 2011.

interview was pretty straightforward like your strengths and weaknesses

got a call the next day

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!