U.S. Cellular Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in September 2013.

Initially you fill out a long application. Then you get a call telling you basic info about the position. Then a third party company does an in depth background check and you take a pee test separately though randomly approved drug testing facilities. Then you get another call from USC telling you all is well and they tell you some more details about training. You get another separate call to schedule an interview. Finally you go in and you get asked 4 very customer service oriented questions. They call and say you're hired and tell you what shift (or let you pick depending on what's avail) Then they send you loads of info in email for you to go through (unpaid but required for hire). Then more email and first day of training.

Interview Questions
  • Honest, they're all basic. If you have any customer service background you're golden.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in August 2013.

It's hard to get into this gig. It's almost necessary that you know someone. Training is fun, and there's a very positive attitude.

Interview Questions
    There really wasn't a negotiation. They gave me a schedule and a compensation amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2012.

Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. First there is a phone interview, which is helpful in getting to know whether or not it's the right fit for you. Then you go in and take a call center simulation test, which is not bad at all. If you pass, you get to interview one on one. This one on one is quite easy and friendly. I would rather jump through tons of hoops to work somewhere that only hires good workers than get hired right away and work with poor management/employees.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you heard someone telling a customer the wrong information.   View Answer
    It was very easy and they were very accomidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2012.

Lengthy phone interview which was very casual, mostly inquiring about past call center or customer service experience, asked a lot of "tell me about a time..." questions, second interview on-site with call center simulation test, after scoring well on the test asked to a 15 minute interview in which I was coached by another HR rep to be as detailed as possible. Interview very cut and dry more "tell me about a time..." questions. Sent for drug tests and signed forms for background check, received job offer letter

Interview Questions
    • "If a customer calls in and says they want to switch the service or are dissatisfied with the service how would you get them to stay?"   View Answer
    No negotiation available, the starting pay was apparently the highest I would receive for my experience. Specific schedules are not accommodated until after the training process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in August 2009.

The interview process was a bit daunting. It starts off with a phone interview which the interviewer is very...challenging. I believe the interviewer job is to be difficult to assess how a potential employee reacts to hard situations, however it is very uncomfortable. After the phone interview you are invited to a skills/personality test which lasts approximately 60 minutes. Immediately after the skills test you are notified if you've passed or failed and then invited to a one on one interview with an interview coach same day. Within about 3 days you are notified if you were accepted as a new employee contingent on a successful drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • if you were having an issue with a peer would you attempt to solve it yourself or get a supervisor involved.   View Answer
    No negotiation allowed

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in February 2008.

It was a very short to the point interview that did not really produce a good job match for me and therefore I was not interested in the job.