U.S. Cellular Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

I had to do 2 computer tests. One had fake customers and situations and you had to choose what you would do based on the situation. The other was a personality test asking the questions with answers on the 5 point scale (strongly agree, disagree, ect). Then after passing those, I did an interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where a customer was upset at a previous job, how did you deal with it?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Loved the work environment and the people. Questions were relevant to the job. Experience is needed in the field. Questions were very customer oriented as they take pride in their customer service and the quality of care provided to the customers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Location

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

Initially you fill out a long application. Then you get a call telling you basic info about the position. Then a third party company does an in depth background check and you take a pee test separately though randomly approved drug testing facilities. Then you get another call from USC telling you all is well and they tell you some more details about training. You get another separate call to schedule an interview. Finally you go in and you get asked 4 very customer service oriented questions. They call and say you're hired and tell you what shift (or let you pick depending on what's avail) Then they send you loads of info in email for you to go through (unpaid but required for hire). Then more email and first day of training.

Interview Questions

• Honest, they're all basic. If you have any customer service background you're golden.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Tulsa, OK) in August 2013.

Interview

It's hard to get into this gig. It's almost necessary that you know someone. Training is fun, and there's a very positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation. They gave me a schedule and a compensation amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Cedar Rapids, IA) in June 2012.

Interview

Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. First there is a phone interview, which is helpful in getting to know whether or not it's the right fit for you. Then you go in and take a call center simulation test, which is not bad at all. If you pass, you get to interview one on one. This one on one is quite easy and friendly. I would rather jump through tons of hoops to work somewhere that only hires good workers than get hired right away and work with poor management/employees.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you heard someone telling a customer the wrong information.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very easy and they were very accomidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Lengthy phone interview which was very casual, mostly inquiring about past call center or customer service experience, asked a lot of "tell me about a time..." questions, second interview on-site with call center simulation test, after scoring well on the test asked to a 15 minute interview in which I was coached by another HR rep to be as detailed as possible. Interview very cut and dry more "tell me about a time..." questions. Sent for drug tests and signed forms for background check, received job offer letter

Interview Questions

• "If a customer calls in and says they want to switch the service or are dissatisfied with the service how would you get them to stay?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available, the starting pay was apparently the highest I would receive for my experience. Specific schedules are not accommodated until after the training process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview process was a bit daunting. It starts off with a phone interview which the interviewer is very...challenging. I believe the interviewer job is to be difficult to assess how a potential employee reacts to hard situations, however it is very uncomfortable. After the phone interview you are invited to a skills/personality test which lasts approximately 60 minutes. Immediately after the skills test you are notified if you've passed or failed and then invited to a one on one interview with an interview coach same day. Within about 3 days you are notified if you were accepted as a new employee contingent on a successful drug screen.

Interview Questions

• if you were having an issue with a peer would you attempt to solve it yourself or get a supervisor involved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in February 2008.

Interview

It was a very short to the point interview that did not really produce a good job match for me and therefore I was not interested in the job.