U.S. Cellular

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Greeter Interview

Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out the online application and was asked to list a time to receive a telephone interview for the next week. I was on the phone for about an hour, answering very generic, customer service related questions. The interview felt very cold and standard, and I didn't feel like I was able to really touch upon my strengths and past experiences. It was more about how I would handle some vague, potential experience, which I always find ridiculous, because you can never tell how you'll handle something until it happens.

I was then asked to take a personality test which was borderline offensive. There were several questions on this test that felt like a psychological evaluation to determine if I was depressed or bipolar. I felt uncomfortable answering these questions, and I'm unsure if these questions were legal to ask. I'm under the impression that discrimination based on disabilities is against the law, and depression and other mental disorders are considered disabilities.

I then had to fill out all sorts of online consent forms, complete with a seven year work and residence history. The amount of background checks they were doing for a simple greeting position baffled me.

Four hours later, I was finally done with the interviews and online nonsense, only to be passed for the next step. I was not impressed by the lack of respect for my personal time. Being expected to waste hours on their evaluations and paperwork, only to be denied a real shot at a face to face interview was very rude and inconsiderate. I'm appauled by the lack of value they put on the time I could've spent applying to other companies. I think it's a shame that corporations are using such impersonal, inaccurate procedures to determine who will thrive at a job.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Cellular

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!

U.S. Cellular Videos

U.S. Cellular – Why Work for Us?

With over five million customers in 26 states, U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless service carriers in the nation. We owe every bit of success to our associates—people with a real passion for their work who are… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Cellular Greeter interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Cellular employees and interview candidates.