U.S. Cellular Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Auburn, ME).

Interview

The interview process was pleasant and took about 1 month from interview to hire date. I met with the Sales and Store Management and was given a small tour of the facility. The interview was more of a test to see whether my personality was a fit rather than a skills test, as I had no previous sales experience.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I found the job on one of the job boards and applied online. The same day that I applied I received a notification email that I was selected to move to the first step. The first step was a video interview, which I received a link for the next day. I didn't hear anything for six weeks. However, at the six week mark I was told that I would move on to the second round, which was a phone interview. After the phone interview two days later, I didn't hear anything for a week, then I got an in person interview and two weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Targeted interview in STAR format.   1 Answer

IS Technical SME Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and selected my salary range ($135+ annually) Received an email from recruiter. She asked for a good time to call. I took my time and was prepared for the interview. When she called, the call quality was terrible. She was working from home! And I had to dead with unprofessional approach to the interview. She asked about my salary. I told her. She said that this position pays $20k less. I was confused- why would she call me if it does not match my salary requirements? Also, it seems like US Cellular looking for people with good acting skills - they actually asking to record your video answering questions so they could look at it LATER. No respect to your time and you need to be an actor. The whole process was terrible - HR, who did not take time to review my requirements - HR worked from home and had terrible phone reception - Recruitment practice when they do not respect you: instead of talking to you, they record videos (and you never know if they actually will pay attention to your efforts) I won't be applying to this company and won't recommend it.

Cashier/Greeter Interview

Interview

I went to a open house. Met with manager, they asked if I had sales experience. I said no. They gave me a second interview - role played a sales call. They gave me a chance. Offered me the job, I am very thankful,for us cellular for, giving me a chance to begin my career.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in July 2015.

Interview

After the phone screen with the recruiter, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. 2 minutes after the conversation started, he said that my resume suggested I wasn't a good fit for the role. He hadn't looked at my resume prior to the call; effectively ended up wasting our time. It was clear he was looking for something very specific as far as background and skills were concerned. Should not have bothered.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Short. One phone call from Talent Acquisition. 3 on site interviews on the same day. Offer within a week; The questions were basic, generic, strengths, weaknesses, and a couple of scenario questions. Nothing too elaborate or deep

Interview Questions

• Culture fit questions... they are big on their culture   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple. Made a request and it was honored.

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2015.

Interview

I responded to an employment add with my resume and got a call within a week. I was interviewed by a franchisee of several stores. He shook my hand and started with the usual tell me about yourself. He then proceeded to ask about the skills and experience on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? How do you see yourself fitting in to this company? What experience do you have in selling ? What do you know about the services and devices we offer?   Answer Question

National Network Engineering and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The technical recruiter contacted me through e-mail first and then I had a chat with him on phone to set up an interview on-site with the hiring manager and her team. The team that interviewed me was very polite, friendly and encouraging and they made sure that all my questions were answered clearly at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

I was actually recommended by the sales manager at one of the stores. So I had the store manager call me first, we set up a time for an interview. The interview was mostly about past experiences: "tell me about a time when". After that I was told to apply online, which I did the same day. Few days later I receive an email with a phone number to call the talent acquisition supervisor. I called her the next day and she had told me that I needed to do an online interview. A week later I received an email saying that they weren't interested

Interview Questions

• All scenario based questions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

They emailed me that they were interested in talking with me. I passed an initial phone interview and then scheduled an in-person interview a week or so after. I was offered the position two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't too difficult. Very run of the mill. Most difficult were questions about how you thought your personal in-class experience could relate to your work as an intern.   1 Answer