U.S. Cellular Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

3.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

I had to do 2 computer tests. One had fake customers and situations and you had to choose what you would do based on the situation. The other was a personality test asking the questions with answers on the 5 point scale (strongly agree, disagree, ect). Then after passing those, I did an interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where a customer was upset at a previous job, how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in March 2015.

Interview

I was led to the back of the store, the interview was the the Sales Manager and Area Supervisor. I was not really asked many questions, she just mainly told me what the operations consisted of, the pay and commission. First off, the store was family owned. Beware of these stores. She offered me 7.25 an hour for 30 hrs a week. Very low offer! Commissions were very low! Hardly any room for career growth unless you have worked there for 5+ years and that was only to be promoted from sales consultant to sales manager. The owner did not want me to work anywhere else beside her "company" or she would terminate. There was no mentoring program. All in all the experience was horrible! I hardly got a chance to speak and when I did she would cut me off to talk about other aspects of her "company" Said that I would not be able to sell any products or services for 3 weeks. STAY AWAY FROM US CELLULAR STORES THAT ARE FAMILY OWNED!!!!!! ONLY APPLY FOR THE CORPORATE STORES!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• There was no questions asked.   1 Answer

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Kinston, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on March 26, 2015, and my interview was April 1, 2015. I was contacted the day after I applied.There were two managers that interviewed me. It was fairly simple. They tried to make me feel at ease. They weren't menacing at all. I left feeling challenged, but confident. They were extremely polite. Just make sure you answer the questions with as much detail as possible. All of the questions were in the "Tell me about a time..." format. They like for you to use STAR format when answering. Situation, Task, Action, Result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a bad experience with a customer.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Ukiah, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. A week in to it the I got an interview date. I went to the interview, which was quite fun. The sales manager was very clear and made the interview not so intimidating. The questions were specific ones, luckily I have worked in the cell phone retail business for a little over five years. I was able to give very specific scenarios, that was great. It's been a week since then, I spoke to the recruiter today and I just need to clear the background check. Hopefully I get an offer soon.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when a customer was having a hard time understanding a problem, what did you do to facilitate and satisfy the customer".   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Very lengthy process. About 5 months from initial contact to final interviews and offer. HR was able to provide ongoing updates to keep me posted on progress, which was appreciated. Interviewed consisted of individual meetings. Met with about 7 people for individual interviews in total.

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate increased salary and vacation

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2015.

Interview

The process took about a month. The face to face portion of the interview was overkill, and a lot of questions verged on the ridiculous. It took over an hour. The guy interviewing me had on a dirty shirt, and looked disheveled. I have over 7 years experience as a bilingual rep., and I was not hired. Luckily, I didn't put all my eggs in one basket, and found a more lucrative gig. My advice is to avoid this company.

Interview Questions

• The "interviewer" asked me to explain a specific time when a computer system went down, and how I handled the customer. I explained what I usually do in general, but he required a specific customer at a specific time. All the questions wanted a single incident, and they seemed not to care at all about my overall philosophy concerning customer service and work ethic.   1 Answer

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Klamath Falls, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

The Interview went for a total of 2.5 hours and I was told I would be informed in about 1.5 weeks if I got the job. Here we are that week and a half later and no call. I thought the interview went very well and was pretty convinced that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer informed you of new information on a recent technology.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Talked with them at a career fair. Emailed the recruiter after the fair. Schedule a phone interview two weeks later. Asked behavioral questions during the phone interview.

Cashier Greeter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Cellular (North Conway, NH).

Interview

Very detailed, why work for us? Experience?What do you expect for pay? Do you prefer full time? Part time? Can you work weekends? Nights? How well do you work in a group? How Are you with computers? How do you do talking with people you don't know? Do you work well under pressure?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non, gave me more than I expected

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and I got a call from some engineer manager, he asked very superficial questions, it seems like their interview process is discriminatory and they can reject you simply if they don't like your accent..