U.S. Cellular Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Short. One phone call from Talent Acquisition. 3 on site interviews on the same day. Offer within a week; The questions were basic, generic, strengths, weaknesses, and a couple of scenario questions. Nothing too elaborate or deep

Interview Questions

• Culture fit questions... they are big on their culture   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple. Made a request and it was honored.

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2015.

Interview

I responded to an employment add with my resume and got a call within a week. I was interviewed by a franchisee of several stores. He shook my hand and started with the usual tell me about yourself. He then proceeded to ask about the skills and experience on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How do you see yourself fitting in to this company?
      What experience do you have in selling ?
      What do you know about the services and devices we offer?

Answer Question

National Network Engineering and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The technical recruiter contacted me through e-mail first and then I had a chat with him on phone to set up an interview on-site with the hiring manager and her team. The team that interviewed me was very polite, friendly and encouraging and they made sure that all my questions were answered clearly at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

I was actually recommended by the sales manager at one of the stores. So I had the store manager call me first, we set up a time for an interview. The interview was mostly about past experiences: "tell me about a time when". After that I was told to apply online, which I did the same day. Few days later I receive an email with a phone number to call the talent acquisition supervisor. I called her the next day and she had told me that I needed to do an online interview. A week later I received an email saying that they weren't interested

Interview Questions

• All scenario based questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Took a couple weeks to get a call for an interview the interview was scheduled the next day, then they had me meet with various different people and asked me to go to a secondary location to meet with other people.

Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Kinston, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on March 26, 2015, and my interview was April 1, 2015. I was contacted the day after I applied.There were two managers that interviewed me. It was fairly simple. They tried to make me feel at ease. They weren't menacing at all. I left feeling challenged, but confident. They were extremely polite. Just make sure you answer the questions with as much detail as possible. All of the questions were in the "Tell me about a time..." format. They like for you to use STAR format when answering. Situation, Task, Action, Result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a bad experience with a customer.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

I had to do 2 computer tests. One had fake customers and situations and you had to choose what you would do based on the situation. The other was a personality test asking the questions with answers on the 5 point scale (strongly agree, disagree, ect). Then after passing those, I did an interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where a customer was upset at a previous job, how did you deal with it?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in March 2015.

Interview

I was led to the back of the store, the interview was the the Sales Manager and Area Supervisor. I was not really asked many questions, she just mainly told me what the operations consisted of, the pay and commission. First off, the store was family owned. Beware of these stores. She offered me 7.25 an hour for 30 hrs a week. Very low offer! Commissions were very low! Hardly any room for career growth unless you have worked there for 5+ years and that was only to be promoted from sales consultant to sales manager. The owner did not want me to work anywhere else beside her "company" or she would terminate. There was no mentoring program. All in all the experience was horrible! I hardly got a chance to speak and when I did she would cut me off to talk about other aspects of her "company" Said that I would not be able to sell any products or services for 3 weeks. STAY AWAY FROM US CELLULAR STORES THAT ARE FAMILY OWNED!!!!!! ONLY APPLY FOR THE CORPORATE STORES!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• There was no questions asked.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ukiah, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Ukiah, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. A week in to it the I got an interview date. I went to the interview, which was quite fun. The sales manager was very clear and made the interview not so intimidating. The questions were specific ones, luckily I have worked in the cell phone retail business for a little over five years. I was able to give very specific scenarios, that was great. It's been a week since then, I spoke to the recruiter today and I just need to clear the background check. Hopefully I get an offer soon.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when a customer was having a hard time understanding a problem, what did you do to facilitate and satisfy the customer".   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Very lengthy process. About 5 months from initial contact to final interviews and offer. HR was able to provide ongoing updates to keep me posted on progress, which was appreciated. Interviewed consisted of individual meetings. Met with about 7 people for individual interviews in total.

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate increased salary and vacation