U.S. Cellular

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager
Peoria, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was performance based. My first interview was over the phone and then moved to 1:1 Questions were all " tell me a time when". U.S. Cellular expects super detailed answers. Places, people names, step by step walk through of what you did and what were the results.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you work as a team to accomplish a common goal. What was the goal and what were the results.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Hannibal, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2013.

Interview Details – This was a long process, as I had given up after the original phone interview which was conducted quickly after I applied. I also interviewed in person but it was long after phone interview. They were very detailed about previous success and achievements in previous jobs. Seemed like good company to work for but chose not take position.

Interview Question – What was my biggest success in my career?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided to continue at current company.

Resolutions Interview

Resolutions

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initial testing, involved personality traits as well as abilities needed for job, common sense questions, ethic questions, two face-to face interviews with a board, PBI questions, Very thorough. Waited quite a while for background check to come through.
Very difficult to read the interviewers. They weren't actually from HR they were coaches pulled off of the floor.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you talked to an angry customer. How did you resolve his issue?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. They had set rates and I didn't have any experience. They were very pleased with the thoroughness of my answers.

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Customer Relations Specialist
Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview, 2nd interview and then (if accepted) drug screening and employment details and pay details. The whole experience is pretty quick overall and the logest waiting time is to hear your one-on-one interview results.

Interview Question – Describe one time where you felt your skills were used to create a win-win for customer and business   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant
Hutchinson, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with store manager and sales manager and then was offered the job. The interview process here was pretty quick and easy. I might have had a second interview at some point, but there was a relaxed and informal feel to it. It was not difficult at all.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they just told me what i would be paid and i accepted.

Very Difficult Interview

Retail Area Sales Manager Interview

Retail Area Sales Manager
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in August 2013.

Interview Details – Multi-Step interview process. 8 hour assessment (in person), recruiter interview, HR interview, second and third level interviews, and a panel interview.

The assessment was intense. It's to discover your leadership style under pressure and includes a "workload" of emails that you (physically) can't complete in time. Additionally, there were one-on-one roleplays that went over coaching, peer-to-peer questions, and an upset customer. There's no faking your way through this assessment.

Interview Question – All questions are "Situation Based" or "Behavioral Based" interview questions. The most difficult was when the interviewer asked - so why should I hire YOU for this position? For example (in no particular order):

1) "Tell me about a time when you had to develop a leader"

2) "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer interaction".

3) "Tell me about a time that you had to work through a progressive discipline process".

4) "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a major change".

5) "Tell me about a decision that you disagreed with, but had to follow anyways".
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruited presented the initial offer. I counted for a significant difference, and received a "okay, we'll do it" response the next day. Don't be afraid to counter-offer - it's expected.

RWC Interview

RWC
Kinston, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in February 2011.

Interview Details – It takes a while so don't apply here if you don't have a job or don't have time to wait. Calling the store you applied to is also a waste of time. They don't even know where you are in the process unless they decide to hire you, so once you apply your application sits in purgatory for a while waiting to be discovered.

Interview Question – There were allot of personal questions about my family i didn't appreciate   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was this is the most we'll offer you, take it or leave it period.

Network Switch Engineer Interview

Network Switch Engineer
Portland, ME

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2010.

Interview Details – This process is a bit frustrating. Interviews are long and pertain to a lot of personality questions. Process takes way too long, 4 months in order for me to get hired on once I knew I had the job.

Interview Question – They weren't difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation allowed in Network Operations

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Call Center Supervisor

Interviewed at U.S. Cellular

Interview Details – Very thorough, found it very necessary to go through the screening process

Interview Question – It was all performance based questions   Answer Question

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Retail Wireless Consultant
West Lebanon, NH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in July 2010.

Interview Details – The questions are mostly scripted, being specific and detailed is important. The interviewer asked for real life examples, that are applicable to the type of customer service and sales skills needed to be a successful sales rep for the company. Clear, direct language works well. Communication is an important asset in this job, being able to listen and express yourself well is key.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to communicate a difficult message?   Answer Question

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!