U.S. Cellular

120 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Switch Engineer Interview

Portland, ME

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2010.

Interview Details – This process is a bit frustrating. Interviews are long and pertain to a lot of personality questions. Process takes way too long, 4 months in order for me to get hired on once I knew I had the job.

Interview Question – They weren't difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation allowed in Network Operations

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

West Lebanon, NH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in July 2010.

Interview Details – The questions are mostly scripted, being specific and detailed is important. The interviewer asked for real life examples, that are applicable to the type of customer service and sales skills needed to be a successful sales rep for the company. Clear, direct language works well. Communication is an important asset in this job, being able to listen and express yourself well is key.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to communicate a difficult message?   Answer Question

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Interviewed at U.S. Cellular

Interview Details – Very thorough, found it very necessary to go through the screening process

Interview Question – It was all performance based questions   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative

Interviewed at U.S. Cellular

Interview Details – Called by recruiter and had initial interview. Then called in for local interview with two sales managers. Didn't meet the store manager until after I was hired.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview Details – I had two phone screens. First with HR and then the hiring manager. This started in November and I was asked into HQ in January. Spent morning interviewing with two directors and on vp.

Interview Question – You'd be inheriting a new group composed of unhappy employees. What would you do to build a team?   Answer Question

Service Technician Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in February 2014.

Interview Details – Took some time to go from application to interview (a month). Questions were standard S.T.A.R. questions. Tried to relate with interviewers but seemed awkward

Interview Question – Time when you had to help a customer you didn't like   View Answer

Cashier/Greeter Interview

Cashier/Greeter

Interviewed at U.S. Cellular

Interview Details – First submit online application, then be prepared to wait. The hiring process can take a while, even if you are an internal applicant. If at all possible, try to get in touch with the hiring manager as they can work with recruiting to push your application through. Typically for new hires there will be a phone interview with recruiting first, then an in-person interview with your hiring manager. Be as professional as possible during the process, this is what they're looking for.

Interview Question – There are only a few questions and they are all "tell me about a time when..." and "how did you respond?" type questions. Very basic, very easy.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Interviewed at U.S. Cellular

Interview Details – The procss usually take about 4 weeks. Week one: Phone interview, the questions are gear off of your resume, basically tell them about yourself. Week two: Face to face interview, a panel of managers, all the questions are situational base. Week three: drug test, background check etc.

Interview Question – How will you handle a irrate customer?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2010.

Interview Details – Long process. It took over 2 months for them to respond. Once the interview process started I had 1 interview per week for 3 weeks.

Interview Question – N/A. They follow the normal performance based questions. They want you to tell a story how your skills came out during a situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A. This level had very little room to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Waukesha, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in September 2013.

Interview Details – Initially you fill out a long application. Then you get a call telling you basic info about the position. Then a third party company does an in depth background check and you take a pee test separately though randomly approved drug testing facilities. Then you get another call from USC telling you all is well and they tell you some more details about training. You get another separate call to schedule an interview. Finally you go in and you get asked 4 very customer service oriented questions. They call and say you're hired and tell you what shift (or let you pick depending on what's avail) Then they send you loads of info in email for you to go through (unpaid but required for hire). Then more email and first day of training.

Interview Question – Honest, they're all basic. If you have any customer service background you're golden.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Cellular

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!

U.S. Cellular Videos

U.S. Cellular – Why Work for Us?

With over five million customers in 26 states, U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless service carriers in the nation. We owe every bit of success to our associates—people with a real passion for their work who are… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Cellular interview questions and advice. All 120 interview reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Cellular employees and interview candidates.