U.S. Cellular

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

3.1

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Very lengthy process. About 5 months from initial contact to final interviews and offer. HR was able to provide ongoing updates to keep me posted on progress, which was appreciated. Interviewed consisted of individual meetings. Met with about 7 people for individual interviews in total.

Unable to negotiate increased salary and vacation

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2015.

The process took about a month. The face to face portion of the interview was overkill, and a lot of questions verged on the ridiculous. It took over an hour. The guy interviewing me had on a dirty shirt, and looked disheveled. I have over 7 years experience as a bilingual rep., and I was not hired. Luckily, I didn't put all my eggs in one basket, and found a more lucrative gig. My advice is to avoid this company.

Interview Questions
    • The "interviewer" asked me to explain a specific time when a computer system went down, and how I handled the customer. I explained what I usually do in general, but he required a specific customer at a specific time. All the questions wanted a single incident, and they seemed not to care at all about my overall philosophy concerning customer service and work ethic.   View Answer

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2015.

The Interview went for a total of 2.5 hours and I was told I would be informed in about 1.5 weeks if I got the job. Here we are that week and a half later and no call. I thought the interview went very well and was pretty convinced that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer informed you of new information on a recent technology.   View Answer

Cashier Greeter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Conway, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Conway, NH

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Very detailed, why work for us? Experience?What do you expect for pay? Do you prefer full time? Part time? Can you work weekends? Nights? How well do you work in a group? How Are you with computers? How do you do talking with people you don't know? Do you work well under pressure?

Interview Questions
    Non, gave me more than I expected

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

I applied through a recruiter and I got a call from some engineer manager, he asked very superficial questions, it seems like their interview process is discriminatory and they can reject you simply if they don't like your accent..

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Loved the work environment and the people. Questions were relevant to the job. Experience is needed in the field. Questions were very customer oriented as they take pride in their customer service and the quality of care provided to the customers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Location

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Applied online, received a call about 3 days later from SR HR rep, heard back from staffing associate for a phone interview with hiring manager about 2 days later. About a week later I had an in person interview. They reached out about two hours after the interview that they would like to move forward with an offer but needed to do background and drug test first. Written offer received morning after interview

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager had very process specific questions about the role, to ensure I really had the skills   Answer Question
    I felt that On-boarding vacation, benefits and salaries were very generous I did not negotiate

Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Received an e-mail that they wanted to do an interview with me. I responded immediately and waited more than 2 weeks before they set up the first scheduled phone interview. The recruiter never called during the scheduled time. I e-mailed him again and he said he got busy and couldn't make the call (after another week of not responding). Then he finally rescheduled for later in the week. Interview was pretty basic and he seemed really interested in me and said he wanted to set up an in person interview with the hiring manager the next week and he would be back in touch with me.

Meanwhile, I received another e-mail from a different U.S. Cellular recruiter saying they had tried three times to reach me regarding my application for the store manager position and if they didn't hear from me soon they would consider my application void. I told her I had already spoken to another recruiter and had been waiting to hear back from him. She apologized for the miscommunication and said the other recruiter would be in touch shortly.

Two weeks later I still never heard anything else and after numerous e-mails (to both recruiters), finally was told I was not going to be considered any further.

Very unorganized and unprofessional recruiting process.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Went through a pretty long interviewing process. First a phone interview. Then they were not sure if they wanted to consider you for the position you applied for or a management position. They took me through 2 more interviews and 2 tests to see if I was qualified enough for the management position according to their culture standards. When they realized you were better suited for the Account Manager position they continued through that interviewing process. It took at least 4 weeks in all. But it only needed to take a week or 2 for the Account Management decision.

Interview Questions
    • Wanting specific word for word past experiences. Not to leave out any details even if not important   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2014.

I submit my resume online the call me first for a interview schedule, after a week the take my interview. Interview was very much with all technical question. They want to know full details about my past job experience and my depth of knowledge. My interview was for 30 min duration. After 2 weeks they confirm me for this position.