U.S. Cellular Interview Questions

3.1

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Itasca, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Went through a pretty long interviewing process. First a phone interview. Then they were not sure if they wanted to consider you for the position you applied for or a management position. They took me through 2 more interviews and 2 tests to see if I was qualified enough for the management position according to their culture standards. When they realized you were better suited for the Account Manager position they continued through that interviewing process. It took at least 4 weeks in all. But it only needed to take a week or 2 for the Account Management decision.

Interview Questions
    • Wanting specific word for word past experiences. Not to leave out any details even if not important   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2014.

I submit my resume online the call me first for a interview schedule, after a week the take my interview. Interview was very much with all technical question. They want to know full details about my past job experience and my depth of knowledge. My interview was for 30 min duration. After 2 weeks they confirm me for this position.

Cashier/Greeter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in December 2012.

Fairly Lengthy Process to get hired, fill out an online application then talk to a regional manager in charge of hiring. Then go to the store for a group interview, follow that up with another in-store interview. I waited about 3 weeks after that entire process to get my job offer and started roughly a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • An example of when I found a customers hidden needs (meaning something they want but don't know about) and provided a grade A customer experience.   Answer Question
    There is no very much room for negotiation, but the company in my experience has been very fair with pay.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2013.

Interview process was performance based. My first interview was over the phone and then moved to 1:1 Questions were all " tell me a time when". U.S. Cellular expects super detailed answers. Places, people names, step by step walk through of what you did and what were the results.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you work as a team to accomplish a common goal. What was the goal and what were the results.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hannibal, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hannibal, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2013.

This was a long process, as I had given up after the original phone interview which was conducted quickly after I applied. I also interviewed in person but it was long after phone interview. They were very detailed about previous success and achievements in previous jobs. Seemed like good company to work for but chose not take position.

Interview Questions

Decided to continue at current company.

Resolutions Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in October 2010.

Initial testing, involved personality traits as well as abilities needed for job, common sense questions, ethic questions, two face-to face interviews with a board, PBI questions, Very thorough. Waited quite a while for background check to come through.
    Very difficult to read the interviewers. They weren't actually from HR they were coaches pulled off of the floor.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you talked to an angry customer. How did you resolve his issue?   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate. They had set rates and I didn't have any experience. They were very pleased with the thoroughness of my answers.

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in December 2013.

Initial interview, 2nd interview and then (if accepted) drug screening and employment details and pay details. The whole experience is pretty quick overall and the logest waiting time is to hear your one-on-one interview results.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one time where you felt your skills were used to create a win-win for customer and business   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hutchinson, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hutchinson, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in May 2010.

Interviewed with store manager and sales manager and then was offered the job. The interview process here was pretty quick and easy. I might have had a second interview at some point, but there was a relaxed and informal feel to it. It was not difficult at all.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question
    they just told me what i would be paid and i accepted.

Retail Area Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in August 2013.

Multi-Step interview process. 8 hour assessment (in person), recruiter interview, HR interview, second and third level interviews, and a panel interview.

The assessment was intense. It's to discover your leadership style under pressure and includes a "workload" of emails that you (physically) can't complete in time. Additionally, there were one-on-one roleplays that went over coaching, peer-to-peer questions, and an upset customer. There's no faking your way through this assessment.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are "Situation Based" or "Behavioral Based" interview questions. The most difficult was when the interviewer asked - so why should I hire YOU for this position? For example (in no particular order):

1) "Tell me about a time when you had to develop a leader"

2) "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer interaction".

3) "Tell me about a time that you had to work through a progressive discipline process".

4) "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a major change".

5) "Tell me about a decision that you disagreed with, but had to follow anyways".
        Answer Question
    The recruited presented the initial offer. I counted for a significant difference, and received a "okay, we'll do it" response the next day. Don't be afraid to counter-offer - it's expected.

RWC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kinston, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kinston, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in February 2011.

It takes a while so don't apply here if you don't have a job or don't have time to wait. Calling the store you applied to is also a waste of time. They don't even know where you are in the process unless they decide to hire you, so once you apply your application sits in purgatory for a while waiting to be discovered.

Interview Questions
    • There were allot of personal questions about my family i didn't appreciate   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. It was this is the most we'll offer you, take it or leave it period.

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!