U.S. Cellular Wireless Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Auburn, ME).

Interview

The interview process was pleasant and took about 1 month from interview to hire date. I met with the Sales and Store Management and was given a small tour of the facility. The interview was more of a test to see whether my personality was a fit rather than a skills test, as I had no previous sales experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2015.

Interview

I responded to an employment add with my resume and got a call within a week. I was interviewed by a franchisee of several stores. He shook my hand and started with the usual tell me about yourself. He then proceeded to ask about the skills and experience on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? How do you see yourself fitting in to this company? What experience do you have in selling ? What do you know about the services and devices we offer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

I was actually recommended by the sales manager at one of the stores. So I had the store manager call me first, we set up a time for an interview. The interview was mostly about past experiences: "tell me about a time when". After that I was told to apply online, which I did the same day. Few days later I receive an email with a phone number to call the talent acquisition supervisor. I called her the next day and she had told me that I needed to do an online interview. A week later I received an email saying that they weren't interested

Interview Questions

• All scenario based questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Took a couple weeks to get a call for an interview the interview was scheduled the next day, then they had me meet with various different people and asked me to go to a secondary location to meet with other people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kinston, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Kinston, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on March 26, 2015, and my interview was April 1, 2015. I was contacted the day after I applied.There were two managers that interviewed me. It was fairly simple. They tried to make me feel at ease. They weren't menacing at all. I left feeling challenged, but confident. They were extremely polite. Just make sure you answer the questions with as much detail as possible. All of the questions were in the "Tell me about a time..." format. They like for you to use STAR format when answering. Situation, Task, Action, Result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a bad experience with a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Klamath Falls, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

The Interview went for a total of 2.5 hours and I was told I would be informed in about 1.5 weeks if I got the job. Here we are that week and a half later and no call. I thought the interview went very well and was pretty convinced that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer informed you of new information on a recent technology.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Clinton, IA).

Interview

There were two over the phone interactions, the first is a get to know you type of interaction then if you are able to complete the computer assessment then they give a phone interview. If you then pass the phone interview you are passed onto the store and sales manager.

Interview Questions

• All of their questions are performance based questions and they like you to be very detailed. As an example, "tell me a time when you had to teach someone a new process in detail." Once you have answered the question they then ask you to expand even more.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really have any sales experience so I wasn't able to negotiate, I just took what they offered.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

The hiring process was fine. The application is extensive. It will take a couple hours to complete every stage of the application. One stage is a psych test, one is a value statement, and one part is a game where you recommend items to a customer. My initial impressions of the company were positive. However, there was a mix up when I was hired about which store I was going to be working at, due to a store closure when I was brought on.

Interview Questions

• All questions are situational. "Tell me about a time when...." I didn't find any of these particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have customer service experience, ask for as much as you can. I found out later that despite having much more experience in the cust service field, I was hired at a much lower rate than others.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2013.

Interview

You get a phone interview with HR. Basically ask you what you have done in certain situations. I was called by HR to set up a phone interview. after I passed that interview, I was contacted again to set up an in store interview for the store that I had applied for. The store interview was about 45 minutes long.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Augusta, ME) in June 2013.

Interview

I was first invited to a meet and greet where you go and meet two of the managers and other potential employees and they tell you about the company and then talk with everyone individually. I was then called a few days later to set up an interview. I had one interview with two managers where I was asked mostly situational based questions. All the answers have to be about a specific time you were in that circumstance and they were all basic questions. I didn't hear anything back for about a week or so, so I called the recruiter and asked what was going on and then she offered me the job right there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. What did you do? How did the customer feel?   Answer Question