U.S. Cellular Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

They contacted me from CareerBuilder, then took 9 months to hire me. I had to create a profile, list everything I've done for seven years. Then, in the middle of the process, they told me that they changed their talent database, and I had to do ANOTHER profile, ANOTHER 70+ question "personality" test, and everything else. I interviewed for four positions, and was told I was being considered for a couple more. But after every single time, I had to contact the recruiter, and I usually got no response for a week after my followup. The responses I did get would be one line emails like, "Did the store manager not reach out to you?", or, "They decided to go with another candidate." In the case of the first one, it took an entire week for the recruiter to tell me that the hiring manager was on vacation. Then it took another week to be told that they had gone with someone else, and there was no further explanation given. After I left\ my last interview, I fully believed that I would be working at one particular store. I was told that this part was just more of a "meet and greet". They kept me waiting for two days, and then the recruiter called me after 6:30PM to tell me that they had hired someone else... but, would I consider yet another job? I took it out of pure desperation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a little room, but in general, I feel that they take so long in the hiring process so that you feel lucky to have gotten the job. In my case, I just took what they offered because I needed something.

Retail Area Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2013.

Interview

Multi-Step interview process. 8 hour assessment (in person), recruiter interview, HR interview, second and third level interviews, and a panel interview. The assessment was intense. It's to discover your leadership style under pressure and includes a "workload" of emails that you (physically) can't complete in time. Additionally, there were one-on-one roleplays that went over coaching, peer-to-peer questions, and an upset customer. There's no faking your way through this assessment.

Interview Questions

• All questions are "Situation Based" or "Behavioral Based" interview questions. The most difficult was when the interviewer asked - so why should I hire YOU for this position? For example (in no particular order): 1) "Tell me about a time when you had to develop a leader" 2) "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer interaction". 3) "Tell me about a time that you had to work through a progressive discipline process". 4) "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a major change". 5) "Tell me about a decision that you disagreed with, but had to follow anyways".   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruited presented the initial offer. I counted for a significant difference, and received a "okay, we'll do it" response the next day. Don't be afraid to counter-offer - it's expected.

Inventory Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Presque Isle, ME

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Presque Isle, ME) in January 2013.

Interview

Lengthy process to get hired multiple phone calls from the recruiting office job verification company very hard to deal with once you get your dates correct with the application

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Very lengthy process. About 5 months from initial contact to final interviews and offer. HR was able to provide ongoing updates to keep me posted on progress, which was appreciated. Interviewed consisted of individual meetings. Met with about 7 people for individual interviews in total.

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate increased salary and vacation

Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Klamath Falls, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

The Interview went for a total of 2.5 hours and I was told I would be informed in about 1.5 weeks if I got the job. Here we are that week and a half later and no call. I thought the interview went very well and was pretty convinced that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer informed you of new information on a recent technology.   1 Answer

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2015.

Interview

I responded to an employment add with my resume and got a call within a week. I was interviewed by a franchisee of several stores. He shook my hand and started with the usual tell me about yourself. He then proceeded to ask about the skills and experience on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? How do you see yourself fitting in to this company? What experience do you have in selling ? What do you know about the services and devices we offer?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Peoria, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview process was performance based. My first interview was over the phone and then moved to 1:1 Questions were all " tell me a time when". U.S. Cellular expects super detailed answers. Places, people names, step by step walk through of what you did and what were the results.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you work as a team to accomplish a common goal. What was the goal and what were the results.   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2014.

Interview

I submit my resume online the call me first for a interview schedule, after a week the take my interview. Interview was very much with all technical question. They want to know full details about my past job experience and my depth of knowledge. My interview was for 30 min duration. After 2 weeks they confirm me for this position.

Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

They asked for a writing sample after the interview which needed to be written on site.

RWC (Retail Wireless Consultant) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in August 2009.

Interview

There are 3 interviews with US Cellular. First, the phone interview is very basic to better understand who you are as a person and what you are looking for. There also might be a online test you may need to take. The test is very basic and as long as you answer ethically you should do great. The main interview consists of a one on one or two on one style. The majority of the questions consist of "tell me of a time when". Be prepared to share multiple stories about past experiences with customers and how you resolved issues.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where you had to overcome adversity at your job.   1 Answer
    • tell me about a time where you overcame a customers objection.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is little to no negotiation. More or less take it or leave it.