U.S. Cellular

3.1

Cashier Greeter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Conway, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Conway, NH

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Very detailed, why work for us? Experience?What do you expect for pay? Do you prefer full time? Part time? Can you work weekends? Nights? How well do you work in a group? How Are you with computers? How do you do talking with people you don't know? Do you work well under pressure?

Interview Questions
    Non, gave me more than I expected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in December 2010.

over the phone interview, in person interview(two people asking the questions) Follow up call for either a position or denial, drug screening. New hire paperwork. The interview is sometimes intimidating but go in with a clear mind and answer all questions to the best of your ability

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a task was given to you as a leader and how you fulfilled this task.   Answer Question

Call Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in May 2010.

My interview was short and sweet and an offer was made on the spot. The communication between managers was poor. They neglected to mention that the training was held out of town

There was no negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2012.

The interview process was great, I applied online and was contacted within a week by a recruiter who preformed a phone interview. Afterward she emailed me saying she would like to move forward with the face-to-face interview. I met with the store manager (at the time) and the sales manager (at the time) for an interview, the process was easy they were very personable and it took about 45 mins to complete the interview. While waiting on the managers I noticed the cleanliness of the store, the cleanliness of the staff and of the decor. I received a call with an offer within a week and then received a start date after about 2 weeks. Everyone in the store was very helpful and nice to me the day of the interview, they definitely made me feel like I wanted to be a part of the team. When I was hired the store was a well oiled machine and I meshed right in. The week after I got hired there was a "All Associates Meeting" which is where all the stores went to celebrate the past year. It was incredible to see the entire company celebrating with a meal, drinks, games, and live feed from the CEO congratulating us on a great year. Every one of the associates that worked there at the time of me being hired were completely invested in the companies beliefs and in the organization. Moral was through the roof.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted me to try to sell them a pen.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, I should have pushed for a higher starting rate because of my experience.

Date & Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2010.

Job Interview process was great & lengthy.. Was about 5-6 separate interviews in total, however it was well worth it. Best job I have ever had. Company really focuses on the employee, which is very rare now a days.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation needed, the initial amount offered was more than I expected. Was just excited to get the offer, and start ASAP.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

I applied through a recruiter and I got a call from some engineer manager, he asked very superficial questions, it seems like their interview process is discriminatory and they can reject you simply if they don't like your accent..

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Loved the work environment and the people. Questions were relevant to the job. Experience is needed in the field. Questions were very customer oriented as they take pride in their customer service and the quality of care provided to the customers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Location

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Applied online, received a call about 3 days later from SR HR rep, heard back from staffing associate for a phone interview with hiring manager about 2 days later. About a week later I had an in person interview. They reached out about two hours after the interview that they would like to move forward with an offer but needed to do background and drug test first. Written offer received morning after interview

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager had very process specific questions about the role, to ensure I really had the skills   Answer Question
    I felt that On-boarding vacation, benefits and salaries were very generous I did not negotiate

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2011.

HR will call you shortly after applying if you meet requirements of the position. First, you'll finish a quick over the phone interview that are simple questions. 2nd is an in person interview with Store and Sales Manager.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are typical: Why USCC? tell us about your best customer service experience, etc..   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in August 2010.

Interview process was relaxed environment. Questions were average. I came away not overly impressed. I guess I did not act very excited about the position. I did not get an offer, but went with another company.

Interview Questions
    • Very concerned that employees not take sick leave. It was weird   Answer Question