U.S. Cellular Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

3.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Loved the work environment and the people. Questions were relevant to the job. Experience is needed in the field. Questions were very customer oriented as they take pride in their customer service and the quality of care provided to the customers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Location

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Applied online, received a call about 3 days later from SR HR rep, heard back from staffing associate for a phone interview with hiring manager about 2 days later. About a week later I had an in person interview. They reached out about two hours after the interview that they would like to move forward with an offer but needed to do background and drug test first. Written offer received morning after interview

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager had very process specific questions about the role, to ensure I really had the skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

I felt that On-boarding vacation, benefits and salaries were very generous I did not negotiate

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Received an e-mail that they wanted to do an interview with me. I responded immediately and waited more than 2 weeks before they set up the first scheduled phone interview. The recruiter never called during the scheduled time. I e-mailed him again and he said he got busy and couldn't make the call (after another week of not responding). Then he finally rescheduled for later in the week. Interview was pretty basic and he seemed really interested in me and said he wanted to set up an in person interview with the hiring manager the next week and he would be back in touch with me.

Meanwhile, I received another e-mail from a different U.S. Cellular recruiter saying they had tried three times to reach me regarding my application for the store manager position and if they didn't hear from me soon they would consider my application void. I told her I had already spoken to another recruiter and had been waiting to hear back from him. She apologized for the miscommunication and said the other recruiter would be in touch shortly.

Two weeks later I still never heard anything else and after numerous e-mails (to both recruiters), finally was told I was not going to be considered any further.

Very unorganized and unprofessional recruiting process.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Itasca, IL).

Interview

Went through a pretty long interviewing process. First a phone interview. Then they were not sure if they wanted to consider you for the position you applied for or a management position. They took me through 2 more interviews and 2 tests to see if I was qualified enough for the management position according to their culture standards. When they realized you were better suited for the Account Manager position they continued through that interviewing process. It took at least 4 weeks in all. But it only needed to take a week or 2 for the Account Management decision.

Interview Questions

• Wanting specific word for word past experiences. Not to leave out any details even if not important   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2014.

Interview

I submit my resume online the call me first for a interview schedule, after a week the take my interview. Interview was very much with all technical question. They want to know full details about my past job experience and my depth of knowledge. My interview was for 30 min duration. After 2 weeks they confirm me for this position.

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Interview

Very thorough, found it very necessary to go through the screening process

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Called by recruiter and had initial interview. Then called in for local interview with two sales managers. Didn't meet the store manager until after I was hired.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had two phone screens. First with HR and then the hiring manager. This started in November and I was asked into HQ in January. Spent morning interviewing with two directors and on vp.

Interview Questions

• You'd be inheriting a new group composed of unhappy employees. What would you do to build a team?   Answer Question

Cashier/Greeter Interview

Interview

First submit online application, then be prepared to wait. The hiring process can take a while, even if you are an internal applicant. If at all possible, try to get in touch with the hiring manager as they can work with recruiting to push your application through. Typically for new hires there will be a phone interview with recruiting first, then an in-person interview with your hiring manager. Be as professional as possible during the process, this is what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• There are only a few questions and they are all "tell me about a time when..." and "how did you respond?" type questions. Very basic, very easy.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Interview

The procss usually take about 4 weeks. Week one: Phone interview, the questions are gear off of your resume, basically tell them about yourself. Week two: Face to face interview, a panel of managers, all the questions are situational base. Week three: drug test, background check etc.