U.S. Cellular Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in March 2015.

Interview

I was led to the back of the store, the interview was the the Sales Manager and Area Supervisor. I was not really asked many questions, she just mainly told me what the operations consisted of, the pay and commission. First off, the store was family owned. Beware of these stores. She offered me 7.25 an hour for 30 hrs a week. Very low offer! Commissions were very low! Hardly any room for career growth unless you have worked there for 5+ years and that was only to be promoted from sales consultant to sales manager. The owner did not want me to work anywhere else beside her "company" or she would terminate. There was no mentoring program. All in all the experience was horrible! I hardly got a chance to speak and when I did she would cut me off to talk about other aspects of her "company" Said that I would not be able to sell any products or services for 3 weeks. STAY AWAY FROM US CELLULAR STORES THAT ARE FAMILY OWNED!!!!!! ONLY APPLY FOR THE CORPORATE STORES!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• There was no questions asked.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ukiah, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Ukiah, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. A week in to it the I got an interview date. I went to the interview, which was quite fun. The sales manager was very clear and made the interview not so intimidating. The questions were specific ones, luckily I have worked in the cell phone retail business for a little over five years. I was able to give very specific scenarios, that was great. It's been a week since then, I spoke to the recruiter today and I just need to clear the background check. Hopefully I get an offer soon.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when a customer was having a hard time understanding a problem, what did you do to facilitate and satisfy the customer".   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Very lengthy process. About 5 months from initial contact to final interviews and offer. HR was able to provide ongoing updates to keep me posted on progress, which was appreciated. Interviewed consisted of individual meetings. Met with about 7 people for individual interviews in total.

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate increased salary and vacation

Staff Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Talked with them at a career fair. Emailed the recruiter after the fair. Schedule a phone interview two weeks later. Asked behavioral questions during the phone interview.

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Klamath Falls, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

The Interview went for a total of 2.5 hours and I was told I would be informed in about 1.5 weeks if I got the job. Here we are that week and a half later and no call. I thought the interview went very well and was pretty convinced that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer informed you of new information on a recent technology.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2015.

Interview

The process took about a month. The face to face portion of the interview was overkill, and a lot of questions verged on the ridiculous. It took over an hour. The guy interviewing me had on a dirty shirt, and looked disheveled. I have over 7 years experience as a bilingual rep., and I was not hired. Luckily, I didn't put all my eggs in one basket, and found a more lucrative gig. My advice is to avoid this company.

Interview Questions

• The "interviewer" asked me to explain a specific time when a computer system went down, and how I handled the customer. I explained what I usually do in general, but he required a specific customer at a specific time. All the questions wanted a single incident, and they seemed not to care at all about my overall philosophy concerning customer service and work ethic.   1 Answer

Cashier Greeter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Conway, NH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Cellular (North Conway, NH).

Interview

Very detailed, why work for us? Experience?What do you expect for pay? Do you prefer full time? Part time? Can you work weekends? Nights? How well do you work in a group? How Are you with computers? How do you do talking with people you don't know? Do you work well under pressure?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non, gave me more than I expected

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and I got a call from some engineer manager, he asked very superficial questions, it seems like their interview process is discriminatory and they can reject you simply if they don't like your accent..

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Loved the work environment and the people. Questions were relevant to the job. Experience is needed in the field. Questions were very customer oriented as they take pride in their customer service and the quality of care provided to the customers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Location

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Applied online, received a call about 3 days later from SR HR rep, heard back from staffing associate for a phone interview with hiring manager about 2 days later. About a week later I had an in person interview. They reached out about two hours after the interview that they would like to move forward with an offer but needed to do background and drug test first. Written offer received morning after interview

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager had very process specific questions about the role, to ensure I really had the skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

I felt that On-boarding vacation, benefits and salaries were very generous I did not negotiate