U.S. Cellular

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in March 2010.

Interview Details – 2 PHONE CALLS
1 IN PERSON INTERVIEW ( PBI Based Interview) Performamce Based Interview

Very Easy Interview

Applications Developer I Interview

Applications Developer I
Madison, WI

I applied online and interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview Details – First step is a phone interview with a technical HR adviser. From there, you are asked to a technical phone interview with a mix of management and developers. If they like you, you will then move to an in-person behavioral interview. All steps of this process were much easier than interviewing for similar jobs in the area.

Interview Question – Know the basics of Java and you will be just fine.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate at all.

RWC Interview

RWC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview Details – Pretty basic interview, phone interview, store interview, followed by another phone interview

Interview Question – These are your typical behavioral based questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can get more than originally offered based off of previous experience in the industry.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in August 2013.

Interview Details – It's hard to get into this gig. It's almost necessary that you know someone. Training is fun, and there's a very positive attitude.

Interview Question – What do you like about this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't a negotiation. They gave me a schedule and a compensation amount.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Bolingbrook, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in September 2010.

Interview Details – the interview process was extremely easy since I was already a customer service rep and the transfer over was in the same building. The managers and the people you work with are extremely professional and very friendly

Interview Question – was how would I handle a difficult situation. I explained about working in the insurance industry as a catastrophy claims adjuster and if i could handle that situation i would be able to handle any situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary and since it was within reason for their scope of pay, they agreed to my terms

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant

Interviewed at U.S. Cellular

Interview Details – Referred by a recruiter; met with two people individually and received positive feedback from both about myself and about the company.

Interview Question – Do you know how to write accounting memos?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2010.

Interview Details – Met with 9 managers and future to be peers. The flew me in 2 times. The interviews were situation questions like: what was the most difficult decision? What do you do if your peer is not performing? Overall the interviews were positive and fair and were realy meant to learn about me and how I fit with the role.

Interview Question – A long questionnaire about my professional background before the interviews. Not unusual.   Answer Question

Consumer Insights Manager Interview

Consumer Insights Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and about 2-3 weeks later I received a request from HR to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes and I was told they would set up a 2nd phone interview with me (and the hiring manager). A couple weeks later that phone interview was set up, however it was not with the actual hiring manager; it was with someone filling in for her. Unfortunately, HR told me this would be a technical interview so I came prepared to answer more technical questions ... when in reality, the interview itself was almost a direct repeat of the initial HR interview with very general questions only.

Unfortunately I was not outspoken enough to re-direct the interview back to the area I was told it would be and I was so stunned/floored about what I was being asked that the interview actually ended after 15-20 minutes had gone by. I was told a couple weeks later that they would not take me further and were going to keep interviewing other candidates.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult (that was sort of the problem)   Answer Question

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Retail Wireless Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fine. The application is extensive. It will take a couple hours to complete every stage of the application. One stage is a psych test, one is a value statement, and one part is a game where you recommend items to a customer. My initial impressions of the company were positive. However, there was a mix up when I was hired about which store I was going to be working at, due to a store closure when I was brought on.

Interview Question – All questions are situational. "Tell me about a time when...." I didn't find any of these particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have customer service experience, ask for as much as you can. I found out later that despite having much more experience in the cust service field, I was hired at a much lower rate than others.

Customer Service Coach Interview

Customer Service Coach

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2009.

Interview Details – US Cellular uses performance based interviewing techniques.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision quickly and were unable to reach your superior.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Cellular