U.S. Cellular Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very detailed, behavioral based interview process.

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2013.

Interview

You get a phone interview with HR. Basically ask you what you have done in certain situations. I was called by HR to set up a phone interview. after I passed that interview, I was contacted again to set up an in store interview for the store that I had applied for. The store interview was about 45 minutes long.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

The interview process was quick and simple, but they did not provide a realistic job preview. They told me what I wanted to hear...or what they wanted the job/company to be but wasn't. I didn't get to interview with the team members, which was a huge miss.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. People at U.S. Cellular assume that anyone from the outside knows more than they do, and it's usually true because they don't challenge their employees to be experts in their field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would not negotiate on vacation time, but they increased the salary offer when asked.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Long hiring process with many different steps. It can feel like you are getting the run around, but stick it out it is worth it. The interview process is a Performance Based Interview, meaning it is specific to what you HAVE done, not what you WOULD do (no hypotheticals here!)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The original offer was very good, appropriate for my experience but this is not always the case. More recently it seems offers start lower so I would recommend seeing what you can get.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

There is a telephonic round which involves generic personal questions and the next round is a technical round where they ask about the basics of cellular technology and other general technical questions.Nothing out of the blue

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, flat hourly wage offered

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

This is telephone interview for a summer internship in the UScellur. What I remember are just a few question to let me introduce myself and my background and also some behavior question. Didn't get offer for this internship. The process only take one week.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Multiple interviews, show excitement for your job position, they want to see if you're a team player, tell them you trust senior leaders, you're ethical.

Interview Questions

• You have to sell them something that is not a cell phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but they did not budge on their offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was a pretty standard process. I responded to a posting. I met the requirements for the job. US Cellular called me for a phone interview. It went pretty well. They called me in a few days to set up an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• You don't have an EE degree (electrical engineering)?   1 Answer

Inventory Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Presque Isle, ME

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Presque Isle, ME) in January 2013.

Interview

Lengthy process to get hired multiple phone calls from the recruiting office job verification company very hard to deal with once you get your dates correct with the application

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy

Cashier/Greeter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Concord, NH) in December 2012.

Interview

Fairly Lengthy Process to get hired, fill out an online application then talk to a regional manager in charge of hiring. Then go to the store for a group interview, follow that up with another in-store interview. I waited about 3 weeks after that entire process to get my job offer and started roughly a week after that.

Interview Questions

• An example of when I found a customers hidden needs (meaning something they want but don't know about) and provided a grade A customer experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no very much room for negotiation, but the company in my experience has been very fair with pay.