U.S. Cellular Interview Questions & Reviews in Knoxville, TN

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2010.

There is a phone interview with a recruiter, and then a background check. There is also an online test where you're basically watching a cartoon and have to pick the best answers based on what is given. It MUST be done on a PC, and I didn't know anyone who didn't own a Mac, so I had to go to the library, which was strange. They need to verify your education as well (wanted my high school diploma, but I had no idea where it was, and my mother had just moved, so after a week of them insisting I gave them my high school diploma, I finally asked if they would take my college diploma, since I would obviously have to have graduated from high school to have a college diploma. She had to check with her manager and called me back the next day to say it would work, which seems silly to me). Then, there is a pretty informal interview at the store with the store and sales manager. Once you're through that, there is a drug test and then you're informed if you are hired or not.

No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2012.

Lengthy phone interview which was very casual, mostly inquiring about past call center or customer service experience, asked a lot of "tell me about a time..." questions, second interview on-site with call center simulation test, after scoring well on the test asked to a 15 minute interview in which I was coached by another HR rep to be as detailed as possible. Interview very cut and dry more "tell me about a time..." questions. Sent for drug tests and signed forms for background check, received job offer letter

Interview Questions
    • "If a customer calls in and says they want to switch the service or are dissatisfied with the service how would you get them to stay?"   View Answer
    No negotiation available, the starting pay was apparently the highest I would receive for my experience. Specific schedules are not accommodated until after the training process.

RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2011.

Attended job fair at call center. Applied for position in retail and was granted an interview with the Area Sales Manager and Store Manager. Since I had been employed with the company previously I was granted the interview but was eventually denied an offer due to "a more qualified candidate" which cannot be true since I had served for 7 years with the company in a higher position and had stellar performance reviews and won many awards for my performance over the years. My opinion is I was denied the position due to insecurities of the management team and insecurities of certain individuals I had worked with previously.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to work with an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to work with a team to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!