U.S. Cellular Interview Questions in Knoxville, TN

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

I had to do 2 computer tests. One had fake customers and situations and you had to choose what you would do based on the situation. The other was a personality test asking the questions with answers on the 5 point scale (strongly agree, disagree, ect). Then after passing those, I did an interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where a customer was upset at a previous job, how did you deal with it?   2 Answers

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone then face to face. Panel interview with 3 people. Job was obtained. Interview questions require a lot of detail that go through a situation and how you reviewed the situation and the results of your actions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time____? Around customer service/multitasking etc   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Lengthy phone interview which was very casual, mostly inquiring about past call center or customer service experience, asked a lot of "tell me about a time..." questions, second interview on-site with call center simulation test, after scoring well on the test asked to a 15 minute interview in which I was coached by another HR rep to be as detailed as possible. Interview very cut and dry more "tell me about a time..." questions. Sent for drug tests and signed forms for background check, received job offer letter

Interview Questions

• "If a customer calls in and says they want to switch the service or are dissatisfied with the service how would you get them to stay?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available, the starting pay was apparently the highest I would receive for my experience. Specific schedules are not accommodated until after the training process.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews. I came in and took a test. mock calls, basic math, problem solving, etc etc. then i had an interview in person. they had over 2000 people apply for a training class of 18 people. pretty nuts. standard interview questions. greatest strength, biggest weakness, tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you delivered exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in June 2010.

Interview

There is a phone interview with a recruiter, and then a background check. There is also an online test where you're basically watching a cartoon and have to pick the best answers based on what is given. It MUST be done on a PC, and I didn't know anyone who didn't own a Mac, so I had to go to the library, which was strange. They need to verify your education as well (wanted my high school diploma, but I had no idea where it was, and my mother had just moved, so after a week of them insisting I gave them my high school diploma, I finally asked if they would take my college diploma, since I would obviously have to have graduated from high school to have a college diploma. She had to check with her manager and called me back the next day to say it would work, which seems silly to me). Then, there is a pretty informal interview at the store with the store and sales manager. Once you're through that, there is a drug test and then you're informed if you are hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work there?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.