U.S. Cellular Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Ukiah, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Ukiah, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. A week in to it the I got an interview date. I went to the interview, which was quite fun. The sales manager was very clear and made the interview not so intimidating. The questions were specific ones, luckily I have worked in the cell phone retail business for a little over five years. I was able to give very specific scenarios, that was great. It's been a week since then, I spoke to the recruiter today and I just need to clear the background check. Hopefully I get an offer soon.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when a customer was having a hard time understanding a problem, what did you do to facilitate and satisfy the customer".   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

phone screen, online test, face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Multiple interviews, show excitement for your job position, they want to see if you're a team player, tell them you trust senior leaders, you're ethical.

Interview Questions

• You have to sell them something that is not a cell phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but they did not budge on their offer.

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Iowa City, IA) in July 2012.

Interview

Was called to set up a time to do a phone interview/profiling. The phone interview in itself is pretty basic, with questions pertaining to "remember a time.." and you have to give an example as to how you solved or would attempt to solve the situation they give you.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with unsatisfied customers in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Cookeville, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter went exceptionally well, really thought I had a shot. Never received a phone call back for the face to face interview. I called the recruiter back after 2 weeks she was very pleased and receptive to me calling her, promised to call me back in just a couple of hours, she said they would be doing face to face interviews this coming Friday. I waited all afternoon, she never called me back. I called her back the next day, (I really wanted the opportunity for a face to face interview), only to be told that the interview process had ended for this particular store and the person they had hired was started their training on Monday. Hugh dissappointment, they contacted me through a resume I had posted on monster!

Interview Questions

• what makes you think you would be any good at retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

interview was pretty straightforward like your strengths and weaknesses

Interview Questions

Negotiation

got a call the next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hutchinson, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Hutchinson, KS) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager and sales manager and then was offered the job. The interview process here was pretty quick and easy. I might have had a second interview at some point, but there was a relaxed and informal feel to it. It was not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

they just told me what i would be paid and i accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

After applying to numerous open positions that were posted on the U.S. Cellular website, I received a call from a recruiter at the company. After a 10 to 15 minute phone interview to review my qualifications and experience, she sent me an email with links to three online assessments. After I completed these, she called me again to let me know the results were good. A few days later, I got a call from the store manager inviting me to come in for a physical interview taking place later today. Hopefully I will be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• The online assessment asked me to rank values from most to least important, rather than assigning each one its own score. Thus, if I ranked some at the top, the others ended up at the bottom. This is different from the usual procuedure with such assessments.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a 3:1 interview with a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult clients?   1 Answer