U.S. Cellular

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hutchinson, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with store manager and sales manager and then was offered the job. The interview process here was pretty quick and easy. I might have had a second interview at some point, but there was a relaxed and informal feel to it. It was not difficult at all.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they just told me what i would be paid and i accepted.

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview Details – phone screen, online test, face to face

Interview Question – asked me about a time I processed a transaction   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in March 2011.

Interview Details – interview was pretty straightforward like your strengths and weaknesses

Interview Question – sell me something   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – got a call the next day

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews, show excitement for your job position, they want to see if you're a team player, tell them you trust senior leaders, you're ethical.

Interview Question – You have to sell them something that is not a cell phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate but they did not budge on their offer.

Iowa City, IA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in July 2012.

Interview Details – Was called to set up a time to do a phone interview/profiling. The phone interview in itself is pretty basic, with questions pertaining to "remember a time.." and you have to give an example as to how you solved or would attempt to solve the situation they give you.

Interview Question – How have you dealt with unsatisfied customers in the past?   Answer Question

Cookeville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in March 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview with recruiter went exceptionally well, really thought I had a shot. Never received a phone call back for the face to face interview. I called the recruiter back after 2 weeks she was very pleased and receptive to me calling her, promised to call me back in just a couple of hours, she said they would be doing face to face interviews this coming Friday. I waited all afternoon, she never called me back. I called her back the next day, (I really wanted the opportunity for a face to face interview), only to be told that the interview process had ended for this particular store and the person they had hired was started their training on Monday. Hugh dissappointment, they contacted me through a resume I had posted on monster!

Interview Question – what makes you think you would be any good at retail?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in May 2010.

Interview Details – After applying to numerous open positions that were posted on the U.S. Cellular website, I received a call from a recruiter at the company. After a 10 to 15 minute phone interview to review my qualifications and experience, she sent me an email with links to three online assessments. After I completed these, she called me again to let me know the results were good. A few days later, I got a call from the store manager inviting me to come in for a physical interview taking place later today. Hopefully I will be offered a position.

Interview Question – The online assessment asked me to rank values from most to least important, rather than assigning each one its own score. Thus, if I ranked some at the top, the others ended up at the bottom. This is different from the usual procuedure with such assessments.   View Answer

Interviewed at U.S. Cellular

Interview Details – It was a 3:1 interview with a series of questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult clients?   View Answer

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!