U.S. Cellular Retail Wireless Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.9

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2015.

Interview

I responded to an employment add with my resume and got a call within a week. I was interviewed by a franchisee of several stores. He shook my hand and started with the usual tell me about yourself. He then proceeded to ask about the skills and experience on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
    How do you see yourself fitting in to this company?
    What experience do you have in selling ?
    What do you know about the services and devices we offer?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

I was actually recommended by the sales manager at one of the stores. So I had the store manager call me first, we set up a time for an interview. The interview was mostly about past experiences: "tell me about a time when". After that I was told to apply online, which I did the same day. Few days later I receive an email with a phone number to call the talent acquisition supervisor. I called her the next day and she had told me that I needed to do an online interview. A week later I received an email saying that they weren't interested

Interview Questions

• All scenario based questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Took a couple weeks to get a call for an interview the interview was scheduled the next day, then they had me meet with various different people and asked me to go to a secondary location to meet with other people.

Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Kinston, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on March 26, 2015, and my interview was April 1, 2015. I was contacted the day after I applied.There were two managers that interviewed me. It was fairly simple. They tried to make me feel at ease. They weren't menacing at all. I left feeling challenged, but confident. They were extremely polite. Just make sure you answer the questions with as much detail as possible. All of the questions were in the "Tell me about a time..." format. They like for you to use STAR format when answering. Situation, Task, Action, Result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a bad experience with a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Klamath Falls, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

The Interview went for a total of 2.5 hours and I was told I would be informed in about 1.5 weeks if I got the job. Here we are that week and a half later and no call. I thought the interview went very well and was pretty convinced that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer informed you of new information on a recent technology.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Clinton, IA).

Interview

There were two over the phone interactions, the first is a get to know you type of interaction then if you are able to complete the computer assessment then they give a phone interview. If you then pass the phone interview you are passed onto the store and sales manager.

Interview Questions

• All of their questions are performance based questions and they like you to be very detailed. As an example, "tell me a time when you had to teach someone a new process in detail." Once you have answered the question they then ask you to expand even more.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really have any sales experience so I wasn't able to negotiate, I just took what they offered.

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

The hiring process was fine. The application is extensive. It will take a couple hours to complete every stage of the application. One stage is a psych test, one is a value statement, and one part is a game where you recommend items to a customer. My initial impressions of the company were positive. However, there was a mix up when I was hired about which store I was going to be working at, due to a store closure when I was brought on.

Interview Questions

• All questions are situational. "Tell me about a time when...." I didn't find any of these particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have customer service experience, ask for as much as you can. I found out later that despite having much more experience in the cust service field, I was hired at a much lower rate than others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2013.

Interview

You get a phone interview with HR. Basically ask you what you have done in certain situations. I was called by HR to set up a phone interview. after I passed that interview, I was contacted again to set up an in store interview for the store that I had applied for. The store interview was about 45 minutes long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

In preparation for the interview, individuals should research the company. Specifically, the individual should research the company's CEO, work environment, mission, values, and behaviors. The individual should be prepared to discuss ethics and the role it plays in the professional work environment. The individual should also be prepared to discuss how they handle difficult customer encounters, providing specific examples (i.e. There was a time when...). The individual should be equipped to answer the questions in SAR format (Situation, Action, Result).

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected questions that candidates encounter is one surrounding ethics. Example: What is your definition of ethics? Although this may be considered a simple question, it is one that often times requires thought to ensure that you do not stumble during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was minimal. The offer that was extended to me initially was $10.50 per hour plus commission. However, it worked in my favor because my commission checks averaged between $5,000 & $7,000 monthly.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Greenville, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call within 4 days. I went to the interview, got asked a few simple questions, and drug tested. Said they would contact me, but haven not heard anything.