U.S. Cellular Retail Wireless Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Kinston, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on March 26, 2015, and my interview was April 1, 2015. I was contacted the day after I applied.There were two managers that interviewed me. It was fairly simple. They tried to make me feel at ease. They weren't menacing at all. I left feeling challenged, but confident. They were extremely polite. Just make sure you answer the questions with as much detail as possible. All of the questions were in the "Tell me about a time..." format. They like for you to use STAR format when answering. Situation, Task, Action, Result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a bad experience with a customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Klamath Falls, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

The Interview went for a total of 2.5 hours and I was told I would be informed in about 1.5 weeks if I got the job. Here we are that week and a half later and no call. I thought the interview went very well and was pretty convinced that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer informed you of new information on a recent technology.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Clinton, IA).

Interview

There were two over the phone interactions, the first is a get to know you type of interaction then if you are able to complete the computer assessment then they give a phone interview. If you then pass the phone interview you are passed onto the store and sales manager.

Interview Questions

• All of their questions are performance based questions and they like you to be very detailed. As an example, "tell me a time when you had to teach someone a new process in detail." Once you have answered the question they then ask you to expand even more.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really have any sales experience so I wasn't able to negotiate, I just took what they offered.

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

The hiring process was fine. The application is extensive. It will take a couple hours to complete every stage of the application. One stage is a psych test, one is a value statement, and one part is a game where you recommend items to a customer. My initial impressions of the company were positive. However, there was a mix up when I was hired about which store I was going to be working at, due to a store closure when I was brought on.

Interview Questions

• All questions are situational. "Tell me about a time when...." I didn't find any of these particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have customer service experience, ask for as much as you can. I found out later that despite having much more experience in the cust service field, I was hired at a much lower rate than others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2013.

Interview

You get a phone interview with HR. Basically ask you what you have done in certain situations. I was called by HR to set up a phone interview. after I passed that interview, I was contacted again to set up an in store interview for the store that I had applied for. The store interview was about 45 minutes long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

In preparation for the interview, individuals should research the company. Specifically, the individual should research the company's CEO, work environment, mission, values, and behaviors. The individual should be prepared to discuss ethics and the role it plays in the professional work environment. The individual should also be prepared to discuss how they handle difficult customer encounters, providing specific examples (i.e. There was a time when...). The individual should be equipped to answer the questions in SAR format (Situation, Action, Result).

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected questions that candidates encounter is one surrounding ethics. Example: What is your definition of ethics? Although this may be considered a simple question, it is one that often times requires thought to ensure that you do not stumble during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was minimal. The offer that was extended to me initially was $10.50 per hour plus commission. However, it worked in my favor because my commission checks averaged between $5,000 & $7,000 monthly.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Greenville, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call within 4 days. I went to the interview, got asked a few simple questions, and drug tested. Said they would contact me, but haven not heard anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Lynchburg, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was great, I applied online and was contacted within a week by a recruiter who preformed a phone interview. Afterward she emailed me saying she would like to move forward with the face-to-face interview. I met with the store manager (at the time) and the sales manager (at the time) for an interview, the process was easy they were very personable and it took about 45 mins to complete the interview. While waiting on the managers I noticed the cleanliness of the store, the cleanliness of the staff and of the decor. I received a call with an offer within a week and then received a start date after about 2 weeks. Everyone in the store was very helpful and nice to me the day of the interview, they definitely made me feel like I wanted to be a part of the team. When I was hired the store was a well oiled machine and I meshed right in. The week after I got hired there was a "All Associates Meeting" which is where all the stores went to celebrate the past year. It was incredible to see the entire company celebrating with a meal, drinks, games, and live feed from the CEO congratulating us on a great year. Every one of the associates that worked there at the time of me being hired were completely invested in the companies beliefs and in the organization. Moral was through the roof.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to try to sell them a pen.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I should have pushed for a higher starting rate because of my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algonquin, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Cellular (Algonquin, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

I was hired under the referral program and that supposedly is a quicker process. From referral and telephone interview (which was a very basic and standard 30-minute interview asking basic questions such as 'Why U.S. Cellular?' 'How did you hear about the position?' etc.) After I applied and did the phone interview (within a wk-two wk time frame), I was notified that a store manager would organize an interview with myself, as well as the sales manager. My sales manager was very good at keeping in contact with me during the process, even during his vacation. My store manager on the other hand, was very forgetful and she wasn't organized, so I feel like that's why the process took as long as it did. The interview structure was very long. I believe it took me nearly 2 hours. Some questions were pretty basic and standard... "why do you feel you fit this role?""Give an example of a time when..." But some of the questions were very oddly worded. I remember the first question really through me off.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember specifically which one it was, but it was the first question of the interview. IT WAS VERY ODD.   Answer Question

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2011.

Interview

HR will call you shortly after applying if you meet requirements of the position. First, you'll finish a quick over the phone interview that are simple questions. 2nd is an in person interview with Store and Sales Manager.

Interview Questions

• All questions are typical: Why USCC? tell us about your best customer service experience, etc..   Answer Question