U.S. Cellular Sales Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Hannibal, MO
Anonymous Employee in Hannibal, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2013.

This was a long process, as I had given up after the original phone interview which was conducted quickly after I applied. I also interviewed in person but it was long after phone interview. They were very detailed about previous success and achievements in previous jobs. Seemed like good company to work for but chose not take position.

Interview Questions

Decided to continue at current company.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2010.

Long process. It took over 2 months for them to respond. Once the interview process started I had 1 interview per week for 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • N/A. They follow the normal performance based questions. They want you to tell a story how your skills came out during a situation.   Answer Question
    N/A. This level had very little room to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee  in  North Conway, NH
    Anonymous Employee in North Conway, NH

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in October 2011.

I first received a call from a recruiter that conducted an initial screening for the position. A subsequent interview with the recruiter was more in depth and included situational questions such as "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an insubordinate employee..." Secondary parts to this question included: "How did you correct the solution?" "What steps did you take to follow up on the unsatisfactory behavior?". This interview was largely "scripted" and followed a series of questions that were outlined by corporate. The interviewers were "going through the motions"; however, given the scripted nature of the interview as well as the broad responses to my questions, I knew within an hour that the interviewers were not really interested in hiring me. I came into the interview with nearly twenty years experience in sales, technical support, and software engineering - ten of which included managing employees and/or volunteers. Yet, I felt that the panel had to "go through the motions" to satisfy a corporate mandate. The panel, in my opinion, had already chosen the candidate and wasted my time and theirs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • How have you helped to improve an employee's poor job performance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manhattan, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2010.

You take a Performance Based Interview, two role play scenerios where you coach an employee on sales techniques and a handle an upset customer, and a computer test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to bring a group of people together to complete a task   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview process takes a long time, it took almost three months for me to receive a job after my first phone interview. The general process is a phone interview first, then an in-person interview with the chance of another in-person interview. The interviews will be like no other interview you will have done in the past. The questions are related to previous specific experiences you have had. If you are not specific you will not do well in this interview.

negotiated the base salary

Sales Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2011.

The experience was awful: unorganized from the beginning and inconsistent throughout the whole process. Be prepared for a barrage of behavioral based questions, not questions probing reasons you wish to work for US Cellular.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have to give feedback to a peer.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in October 2010.

Very thorough. Online application, behaviors test then phone interview with a recruiter. After this, I was in a 2 on 1 interview where the questions where very throrough and behavior based. Then did an activitity where I had some tasks to complete w/in a certain timeframe on the computer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to give feedback or coach somebody above you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to complete a lot of tasks in a short period of time and explain how it made you feel.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate salary, because I felt it was fair. They were somewhat flexible with the time I wanted to start. It all happened very quickly and they provided temporary housing and moving assistance.

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in May 2010.

I received an e-mail from a recruiter that they were interested and to go fill out application and take assessment test and they will call me. I got a call back a week later to set up a in person interview. I interviewed in panel interview, it lasted about 1 hour. I just got a call back to take the five our test and they are in the process of doing the background check. I am a little concerned with the employment verification because 1 employer is no longer in business and has not been for five years and the other one closed his doors and sold the rights to the business. So I am not sure how they will verify it. Any body familiar with type of situation...So far so good with interview process. Very Optimistic

Interview Questions

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!