U.S. Cellular

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hannibal, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2013.

Interview Details – This was a long process, as I had given up after the original phone interview which was conducted quickly after I applied. I also interviewed in person but it was long after phone interview. They were very detailed about previous success and achievements in previous jobs. Seemed like good company to work for but chose not take position.

Interview Question – What was my biggest success in my career?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided to continue at current company.

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2010.

Interview Details – Long process. It took over 2 months for them to respond. Once the interview process started I had 1 interview per week for 3 weeks.

Interview Question – N/A. They follow the normal performance based questions. They want you to tell a story how your skills came out during a situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A. This level had very little room to negotiate.

North Conway, NH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in October 2011.

Interview Details – I first received a call from a recruiter that conducted an initial screening for the position. A subsequent interview with the recruiter was more in depth and included situational questions such as "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an insubordinate employee..." Secondary parts to this question included: "How did you correct the solution?" "What steps did you take to follow up on the unsatisfactory behavior?". This interview was largely "scripted" and followed a series of questions that were outlined by corporate. The interviewers were "going through the motions"; however, given the scripted nature of the interview as well as the broad responses to my questions, I knew within an hour that the interviewers were not really interested in hiring me. I came into the interview with nearly twenty years experience in sales, technical support, and software engineering - ten of which included managing employees and/or volunteers. Yet, I felt that the panel had to "go through the motions" to satisfy a corporate mandate. The panel, in my opinion, had already chosen the candidate and wasted my time and theirs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
  • How have you helped to improve an employee's poor job performance?   Answer Question

Manhattan, KS

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in June 2010.

Interview Details – You take a Performance Based Interview, two role play scenerios where you coach an employee on sales techniques and a handle an upset customer, and a computer test.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to bring a group of people together to complete a task   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview Details – Interview process takes a long time, it took almost three months for me to receive a job after my first phone interview. The general process is a phone interview first, then an in-person interview with the chance of another in-person interview. The interviews will be like no other interview you will have done in the past. The questions are related to previous specific experiences you have had. If you are not specific you will not do well in this interview.

Interview Question – Being specific   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated the base salary

Sales Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2011.

Interview Details – The experience was awful: unorganized from the beginning and inconsistent throughout the whole process. Be prepared for a barrage of behavioral based questions, not questions probing reasons you wish to work for US Cellular.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have to give feedback to a peer.   Answer Question

Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough. Online application, behaviors test then phone interview with a recruiter. After this, I was in a 2 on 1 interview where the questions where very throrough and behavior based. Then did an activitity where I had some tasks to complete w/in a certain timeframe on the computer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to give feedback or coach somebody above you?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to complete a lot of tasks in a short period of time and explain how it made you feel.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate salary, because I felt it was fair. They were somewhat flexible with the time I wanted to start. It all happened very quickly and they provided temporary housing and moving assistance.

Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in May 2010.

Interview Details – I received an e-mail from a recruiter that they were interested and to go fill out application and take assessment test and they will call me. I got a call back a week later to set up a in person interview. I interviewed in panel interview, it lasted about 1 hour. I just got a call back to take the five our test and they are in the process of doing the background check. I am a little concerned with the employment verification because 1 employer is no longer in business and has not been for five years and the other one closed his doors and sold the rights to the business. So I am not sure how they will verify it. Any body familiar with type of situation...So far so good with interview process. Very Optimistic

Interview Question – None of them were difficult so far   Answer Question

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!