U.S. Cellular Store Manager Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2010.

Company takes it's interviews very seriously for leadership positions. Had a phone screening, then a two-on-one (challenging, but fun), then another two-on-one (which was easy), Then took a 6 hour skill test on computer and over phone. It tested organization, coaching, prioritization, communication, and decision making. Moved through the process pretty quickly, except for background which was a little slow.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to have a difficult conversation.   Answer Question
I was satisfied and I did not try to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in December 2009.

I am internal, so the last step in either a PBI interview, or meet and greet based on the ASM. Prior to being able to apply I had to write an essay, submit resume, present essay over the phone to a panel, PBI interview, attend a workshop, create and apply action plan from the work shop, attend another work shop, take a 5 hour assessment (facilitated by a 3 rd party vendor, done over the phone), pass the assessment and then can apply for next level openings

Interview Questions
    • PBI based questions that are specfic to the duties of the role (tell me about a time in which you "customer interaction, drive business results, coached someone to improvement, etc")   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in February 2011.

Gaining the cooperation of others can be difficult. Give a specific example of when you had to do that and what challenges you faced. What was the outcome? What was the long-term impact on your ability to work with this person?
    Please give me your best example of working cooperatively as a team member to accomplish an important goal. What was the goal or objective? What was your role in achieving this objective? To what extent did you interact with others on this project?
    Tell me about a time when your coworkers gave you feedback about your actions. How did you respond? What changes did you make?
    Describe a project you were responsible for that required a lot of interaction with people over a long period of time.
    How have you recognized and rewarded a team player in the past? What was the situation?
    Tell me about a course, work experience, or extracurricular activity where you had to work closely with others. How did it go? How did you overcome any difficulties?
    Describe a problem you had in your life when someone's help was very important to you.

Interview Questions

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!