U.S. Cellular

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in August 2013.

Interview Details – It's hard to get into this gig. It's almost necessary that you know someone. Training is fun, and there's a very positive attitude.

Interview Question – What do you like about this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't a negotiation. They gave me a schedule and a compensation amount.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in July 2012.

Interview Details – There was a interview with the hiring manager that consisted of behavioral and performance based questions. Then I met with and interviewed the peer team. Beyond that I met with the hiring manager's leader for an informal meet and greet before being offered the position. All in all the process was throrough without being too exhausting. The peer and hiring leader leader meeting were billed as meet and greet, but we all know they are also interviews in their own right.

Interview Question – Don't remember the exact questions. Specific examples are a key and in most cases the interviewers would dig for more information when the answers were not sufficient.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was within my acceptable range and I accepted without negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Tulsa, OK

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2010.

Interview Details – Company takes it's interviews very seriously for leadership positions. Had a phone screening, then a two-on-one (challenging, but fun), then another two-on-one (which was easy), Then took a 6 hour skill test on computer and over phone. It tested organization, coaching, prioritization, communication, and decision making. Moved through the process pretty quickly, except for background which was a little slow.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to have a difficult conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was satisfied and I did not try to negotiate

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!

U.S. Cellular Videos

U.S. Cellular – Why Work for Us?

With over five million customers in 26 states, U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless service carriers in the nation. We owe every bit of success to our associates—people with a real passion for their work who are… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Cellular interview questions and advice in Tulsa, OK. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Cellular employees and interview candidates.