U.S. General Services Administration Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2014
Updated Apr 22, 2014

3.2

Program Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in February 2014.

The general process seemed easy enough in terms of what was expected as part of the ELP (participate in webinar, general interview, etc.) however the way that they conducted the interview/review process for the program is highly misleading and a waste of time. Due to veterans' restrictions, they were unable to push any qualified candidates that did not have military service to the ELP.

The Emerging Leaders Program is geared towards students so that they get professional development and experience. The fact that students/recent grads could not get through the process is baffling. It took over 3 months to have any decision and they seemed surprised when each time, the students they had been speaking with couldn't get through. After receiving several updates to the effect that 'we're working on it', the final update was when they said they would update us in the near future of next steps. We did not hear back until a month later with a final 'sorry, but too many veterans applied'.

Additionally, in the future, they may want to think of not having interviews before getting through the USAJobs application to save everyone some time. Although something larger could be said about the flawed point system favoring veterans over other groups to an unfair amount, I think my overall experience with applying for the ELP program left a sour taste in my mouth toward the GSA.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in July 2010.

Very good. Panel interview style

I was able to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Panel Interview with 5 or 6 people.. Pre selected questions.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions regarding how you resolve conflict and difficult customers.   Answer Question

Division Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in February 2010.

Submit a government resume electronically, being sure to address all requirements stated in the vacancy announcement. Wait for an interview and be ready to elaborate on all aspects of your experience, as you may be asked about anything regarding your professional background. In advance, learn about the organization to which you are applying and be ready to answer questions about what you might do to move the organization forward during if you were to get the job.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Submitted application on line in late summer, had a telephone interview in early September, a face to face interview in late October and was hired in December of 2006

Interview Questions
    • What was your toughest decision to make in a disciplinary situation?   View Answer
    • How do you rate your personal style of management and what is the most important part of that style?   View Answer
    • How Long have you been unemployed?   View Answer
    It was pretty straight forward as the salaries are set for specific grades

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview with three recruiters. Interview lasted about 30 minutes

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you achieved a goal you set.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Did an unpaid internship with them during the spring and got my paid summer internship while doing the unpaid internship.

Interview Questions
    • What do I know about the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR).   Answer Question

Branch Chief Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auburn, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in September 2010.

Flew me out for an interview. Had one interview and was offered the position the same week.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you failed at something and what you learned from it.   Answer Question
    Negotiated start date. Salary is not negotiable.

Buildings Delegations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in December 2009.

I have provided good communications and also reviewed the Buildings so they are in a good and safe working manner.

Interview Questions
    • I have reviewed the difficult items and provided good information of the services that must be performed.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was very good and provided quality information.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in March 2012.

2 interviews

Pay was too low

Worked for U.S. General Services Administration? Contribute to the Community!