U.S. General Services Administration Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

Contract TEMP Office Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview

Interview was quick and brief.You get 2 interviews followed by 2 face to face. Interviewed by 2 people and then the director afterwards. They tell you that its a contractor position for a few months due to someone having medical condition. They really liked me and said congrats and welcome onboard but you will have to undergo a federal background check process to get cleared. Which was fine by me. The do a full federal background check that takes a full long 4-5 weeks. Then after that they won't keep you posted about any updates. Several weeks go by and they will tell you they won't need you anymore since the person got healthy and came back for their position. So I would not trust any of their hiring processes unless you get something signed and documented.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in April 2015.

Interview

The 3 hour online assessment was fairly tough. Lots of reading comprehension and logic questions. THe questions qere timed and it was a long test. The interview was online and over the phone. The interviewer was polite and asked questions that would be expected.

Interview Questions

• How do you define hardwork?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview

One technical telephonic interview followed by telephonic interview by hiring manager. Technical interview was on java and related technologies, interview by hiring manager was on my role in previous job. Both interviews were to judge my skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• Java questions in tech interview General work related questions in interview by hiring manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a contract position and the rate was decided before interview

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview

Applied through University online. GSA came to campus to do an information session the night before the interview. Interview consisted of two people - one asking the questions, the other recording the answers. Questions were strictly behavioral and fairly predictable. They left plenty of time for questions at the end (45 min total). The next step was completing an assessment online that was so annoying. Questions were timed - mostly reading comprehension and basic thinking questions. There was also a personality test. The next step was an interview over video call. Again, strictly behavioral. I was notified about getting a position about a week after that.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

The recruiters came to my university's library to conduct interviews. There were three people in the room. One asked questions while the other two recorded the answers. After the initial interview, they send you a link to an assessment almost two months later. The assessment results take almost a month to come back. There was no contact after assurance that I would hear something after the assessment results came back.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview

I applied through my school's website, there was no interview. Instructions were to email the hiring manager for that department. He replied back to me once my application was submitted and I was considered best. There was a lot of paper work to do as the government is very detailed.Spoke with a lady after who gave me details for the job and that was it.

Negotiation

none

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview

The hiring process was very quick! Once I was referred for the position, I was interviewed within a couple of weeks and made the job offer a week after that. Since I was a current federal employee, I was able to transfer to GSA fairly quick.

Interview Questions

• All questions that were asked were relevant to my experience, so I did not find any that were difficult to respond to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a federal employee, there is not a lot of room for negotiation. There is not budget for relocation assistance, Student Loan Repayment, or Relocation Incentive.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (Telephone, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted telephonically and both interviewers were very nice. The interview lasted approximately one hour and asked knowledge based as well as situational (personality) based questions. The interview was pretty basic and easy to complete.

Interview Questions

• Discuss one event where you found an error that impacts the employee or organization in a negative way. How did you fix or address the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview

Panel Interview with 5 or 6 people.. Pre selected questions.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions regarding how you resolve conflict and difficult customers.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Submitted application on line in late summer, had a telephone interview in early September, a face to face interview in late October and was hired in December of 2006

Interview Questions

• What was your toughest decision to make in a disciplinary situation?   1 Answer
    • How do you rate your personal style of management and what is the most important part of that style?   1 Answer
    • How Long have you been unemployed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty straight forward as the salaries are set for specific grades