U.S. General Services Administration Interview Questions

3.2

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Panel Interview with 5 or 6 people.. Pre selected questions.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions regarding how you resolve conflict and difficult customers.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Submitted application on line in late summer, had a telephone interview in early September, a face to face interview in late October and was hired in December of 2006

Interview Questions
    • What was your toughest decision to make in a disciplinary situation?   View Answer
    • How do you rate your personal style of management and what is the most important part of that style?   View Answer
    • How Long have you been unemployed?   View Answer
    It was pretty straight forward as the salaries are set for specific grades

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview with three recruiters. Interview lasted about 30 minutes

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you achieved a goal you set.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in February 2014.

The general process seemed easy enough in terms of what was expected as part of the ELP (participate in webinar, general interview, etc.) however the way that they conducted the interview/review process for the program is highly misleading and a waste of time. Due to veterans' restrictions, they were unable to push any qualified candidates that did not have military service to the ELP.

The Emerging Leaders Program is geared towards students so that they get professional development and experience. The fact that students/recent grads could not get through the process is baffling. It took over 3 months to have any decision and they seemed surprised when each time, the students they had been speaking with couldn't get through. After receiving several updates to the effect that 'we're working on it', the final update was when they said they would update us in the near future of next steps. We did not hear back until a month later with a final 'sorry, but too many veterans applied'.

Additionally, in the future, they may want to think of not having interviews before getting through the USAJobs application to save everyone some time. Although something larger could be said about the flawed point system favoring veterans over other groups to an unfair amount, I think my overall experience with applying for the ELP program left a sour taste in my mouth toward the GSA.

Intern Interview

Did an unpaid internship with them during the spring and got my paid summer internship while doing the unpaid internship.

Interview Questions
    • What do I know about the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The intern position interview was your standard interview in their office. Their offices are really nice and it was a very straightforward interview. No out there questions or comments involved. I have interviewed for many places and this one didn't have the questions designed yo keep you on your toes.

Realty Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in April 2013.

I was recruited at a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Career fair in NY. They prescreened me. Interview is behavioral style & conducted by panel members. They want specific details-so be specific. Interview was via phone. I am still in beginning stages of interviewing. key: PRACTICE S.T.A.R.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to condense and distribute large amounts of information.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to deliver a project with an unreasonable deadline? What was the project? What steps did you take? And what were the results?   View Answer
    • Tell me about 2 occasions where you had to use analytic skills.   View Answer

Financial Management Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in October 2012.

Applied through University campus recruiting website and was contacted fairly quickly. The company held an information session a day prior to the interview.

The interview was conducted on-campus by 3 formal alumnae and they were very friendly
    and outgoing.

As for the interview, it was mainly behavioral based. The main recruiting head did the questioning while one typed the responses and the other sometimes helped in asking questions too. Questions were also targeted at getting to know the candidate's personal interests, hobbies, and academic study.

Reply back after interview took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project that you were working on and how you overcame any impending challenges.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in March 2012.

2 interviews

Pay was too low

Program Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in July 2011.

Three interviews; one dis-organized panel in-person at their downtown offices and two panels by phone. Participants were very cordial and after 3 interviews I really thought I was on my way to some level of a job offer. I was on told another candidate was selected after I emailed a followup several weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we select you over the other qualified applicants?   View Answer