U.S. General Services Administration

33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in February 2014.

Interview Details – The general process seemed easy enough in terms of what was expected as part of the ELP (participate in webinar, general interview, etc.) however the way that they conducted the interview/review process for the program is highly misleading and a waste of time. Due to veterans' restrictions, they were unable to push any qualified candidates that did not have military service to the ELP.

The Emerging Leaders Program is geared towards students so that they get professional development and experience. The fact that students/recent grads could not get through the process is baffling. It took over 3 months to have any decision and they seemed surprised when each time, the students they had been speaking with couldn't get through. After receiving several updates to the effect that 'we're working on it', the final update was when they said they would update us in the near future of next steps. We did not hear back until a month later with a final 'sorry, but too many veterans applied'.

Additionally, in the future, they may want to think of not having interviews before getting through the USAJobs application to save everyone some time. Although something larger could be said about the flawed point system favoring veterans over other groups to an unfair amount, I think my overall experience with applying for the ELP program left a sour taste in my mouth toward the GSA.

Interview Question – What was your greatest regret.   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Budget Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very good. Panel interview style

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview Details – Panel Interview with 5 or 6 people.. Pre selected questions.

Interview Question – Situational questions regarding how you resolve conflict and difficult customers.   Answer Question

Division Director Interview

Division Director
Washington, DC

I applied in-person - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in February 2010.

Interview Details – Submit a government resume electronically, being sure to address all requirements stated in the vacancy announcement. Wait for an interview and be ready to elaborate on all aspects of your experience, as you may be asked about anything regarding your professional background. In advance, learn about the organization to which you are applying and be ready to answer questions about what you might do to move the organization forward during if you were to get the job.

Interview Question – Any situational question that might arise.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview Details – Submitted application on line in late summer, had a telephone interview in early September, a face to face interview in late October and was hired in December of 2006

Interview Questions

• What was your toughest decision to make in a disciplinary situation?   View Answer
  • How do you rate your personal style of management and what is the most important part of that style?   View Answer
  • How Long have you been unemployed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was pretty straight forward as the salaries are set for specific grades

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview Details – Interview with three recruiters. Interview lasted about 30 minutes

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you achieved a goal you set.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration

Interview Details – Did an unpaid internship with them during the spring and got my paid summer internship while doing the unpaid internship.

Interview Question – What do I know about the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR).   Answer Question

Branch Chief Interview

Branch Chief
Auburn, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in September 2010.

Interview Details – Flew me out for an interview. Had one interview and was offered the position the same week.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you failed at something and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated start date. Salary is not negotiable.

Very Easy Interview

Buildings Delegations Specialist Interview

Buildings Delegations Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in December 2009.

Interview Details – I have provided good communications and also reviewed the Buildings so they are in a good and safe working manner.

Interview Question – I have reviewed the difficult items and provided good information of the services that must be performed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was very good and provided quality information.

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in March 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews

Interview Question – Give me an example of your best project.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was too low

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. General Services Administration

Worked for U.S. General Services Administration? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. General Services Administration interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by U.S. General Services Administration employees and interview candidates.