U.S. General Services Administration Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview

Interview with three recruiters. Interview lasted about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you achieved a goal you set.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in February 2014.

Interview

The general process seemed easy enough in terms of what was expected as part of the ELP (participate in webinar, general interview, etc.) however the way that they conducted the interview/review process for the program is highly misleading and a waste of time. Due to veterans' restrictions, they were unable to push any qualified candidates that did not have military service to the ELP.

The Emerging Leaders Program is geared towards students so that they get professional development and experience. The fact that students/recent grads could not get through the process is baffling. It took over 3 months to have any decision and they seemed surprised when each time, the students they had been speaking with couldn't get through. After receiving several updates to the effect that 'we're working on it', the final update was when they said they would update us in the near future of next steps. We did not hear back until a month later with a final 'sorry, but too many veterans applied'.

Additionally, in the future, they may want to think of not having interviews before getting through the USAJobs application to save everyone some time. Although something larger could be said about the flawed point system favoring veterans over other groups to an unfair amount, I think my overall experience with applying for the ELP program left a sour taste in my mouth toward the GSA.

Intern Interview

Interview

Did an unpaid internship with them during the spring and got my paid summer internship while doing the unpaid internship.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR).   Answer Question

I Do Not Remember Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

They had a group of people in for interviews. It was more of a panel of every department that needed help in their designated area. Each interviewee had to explain their background. They gave information about the company and stated that they would make a decision soon. It was a relaxed type of interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, background and what area would you like to work in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Intern Interview

Interview

The intern position interview was your standard interview in their office. Their offices are really nice and it was a very straightforward interview. No out there questions or comments involved. I have interviewed for many places and this one didn't have the questions designed yo keep you on your toes.

Realty Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I was recruited at a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Career fair in NY. They prescreened me. Interview is behavioral style & conducted by panel members. They want specific details-so be specific. Interview was via phone. I am still in beginning stages of interviewing. key: PRACTICE S.T.A.R.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to condense and distribute large amounts of information.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to deliver a project with an unreasonable deadline? What was the project? What steps did you take? And what were the results?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about 2 occasions where you had to use analytic skills.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Start to finish, the process consisted of three separate sets of interviews, and an in-person essay question.

Each interview set was entirely unique.

The first focused on general work and career preferences, along with person long-term plans.

The second and third focused on experience, qualitative and organizational reasoning skills, and problem solving applications to real-life scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe, in detail, your experience with project management. Give specific examples of difficulties you faced and, in hindsight, how you applied your solutions to similar situations.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

Really, the interview processes at this level seem to change depending on the interviewers more so than on a particular specialization. Over the past several years, promoting from within has pretty much ceased to exist so, if you’re looking for a leadership position and you couldn’t get one at your current Agency, try GSA!

Interview Questions

• After well over 20 years in Federal leadership, I was somewhat stumped when asked “What is the last leadership training opportunity you have taken advantage of?”   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through University campus recruiting website and was contacted fairly quickly. The company held an information session a day prior to the interview.

The interview was conducted on-campus by 3 formal alumnae and they were very friendly
    and outgoing.

As for the interview, it was mainly behavioral based. The main recruiting head did the questioning while one typed the responses and the other sometimes helped in asking questions too. Questions were also targeted at getting to know the candidate's personal interests, hobbies, and academic study.

Reply back after interview took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you were working on and how you overcame any impending challenges.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

2 interviews

Pay was too low