U.S. Government Accountability Office

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office.

Interview Details – met with a junior analyst with the team, I was interviewing for. We talked about the position. I then interview with two senior analyst and a HR person.

Interview Question – How do you conduct research   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office.

Interview Details – Interviewers were very nice, eloquent, personable, and had great things to say about their experiences at the GAO. The interview questions were very regimented and formalized though, so it felt kind of awkward at times.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you conducted research - explain how you came up with your research design, what kinds of methodology you used, quantitative and qualitative, and how you used it to solve your research question.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview for the internship and then converted to full time employee after the internship.

Interview Question – I don't recall the most difficult question, but I do recall they asked me how I would conduct a research study.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in April 2009.

Interview Details – It takes a while. From start to finish, most of a year. If you want to come in under the PDP program, you'll need to intern here between your first and second year of grad school.

Interview Question – I was asked about a congressional internship I had 10 years ago. Be prepared to discuss relevant experience from anything on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Look into your rights per OPM guidelines. I did not negotiate, but I regret it.

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in April 2009.

Interview Details – 1) You're greeted by someone who has worked 2-3 year at GAO.
2) You'r interviewed by 2-3 people from different missions teams. Basic Qs include why you want to work there; examples of working in team, esp. difficult teams; examples of knowledge and experience in research methods;

Interview Question – How do you deal wit a team member that is not contributing his/her share of the work?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office.

Interview Details – Applied 12/2012, received a call for an interview in 5/2013. The interview occurred a week later. One week after the interview, I was given a tentative offer by telephone.

I met with three employees. One was from PDP. One was in leadership. The last was a senior analyst. They were very friendly. The interview was conversational. I was told they were only hiring around 70 to 75 analysts.

The questions were not a surprise. They wanted to discuss my experience with working in groups, quantitative analysis, qualitative analysis, and writing. Although, they wanted me to discuss times I've conducted analysis only in a group setting or within a group.

Interview Question – No surprise interview questions. They do not seem the type of organization to pull off something crazy.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in May 2010.

Interview Details – fairly straight forward. they asked me a lot about the information i filled out in the questionnaire

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in November 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. Completed KSA and made it through to interviews. Had a group interview with office manager, assistant director, and senior analyst. Interview had feel of a case interview. Very helpful to prepare for questions that ask how you would design a case. Really enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in March 2009.

Interview Details – I applied on USAJOBS in November 2008. Got an e-mail from the employer in mid January that they will be calling me to set up an interview. I was offered an option of having an in person or over the phone interview, and I took the phone option. They set up an over the phone interview 2-3 weeks ahead of time, that I had to reschedule because I had a bad cold and was all stuffed up, not good for a phone interview. They were very flexible and we came up with another date another 2-3 weeks into the future. The interview lasted close to 2 hours. I was interviewed by 3 people: 1 HR and two from the area that was hiring. They gave me the timeline when I would be hearing from them, and they contacted me with an offer just when they said they would.

Interview Question – What was your experience of working in teams: both position and negative. How did you handle the later.   Answer Question

Worked for U.S. Government Accountability Office? Contribute to the Community!